What happened to my XM?

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Don't really use the XM radio that much, but I do use the traffic reports. The other day my traffic reports button stopped working and just displays a subscribe now message. However now the XM radio channels are working. I haven't subscribed, so curious as to what may have happened. I know there is a free trial available for new XM subscribers, but I haven't signed up.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
New car purchase trial over. Mine went out too (GSW purchased 6/1). There was also a limited trial offer which just expired post Labor Day as well.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Was it a free trial for all unsubscribed users? Again, I didn't sign up for anything. Plus I don't think it explains why traffic stopped working at the same time.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Yes, it was just there; you didn't have to subscribe for the free trial. If the "traffic" that you mention was coming over XM then, yes, it is gone too.

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
If you decide to sign back up, just know that traffic is an additional service and not included in the lower XM packages.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I had 3 months FREE trial when I bought the car. Since then every once in a while they give you 2 weeks free to try and hook you in. A 2 weeks free just finished a few days ago.