www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old January 14th, 2019, 10:32   #16
Vince Waldon
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Once again, a useless post that does not apply
My forum attitude for 2019 has been to be a lot more liberal with my use of the ignore list and man, my blood pressure is already down 10 points.
Vince Waldon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 10:38   #17
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

The problem is, I feel I need to point out to others reading as well as the OP when these false information posts come up, otherwise the whole thread could send someone on a wild goose chase over nothing.

I realize that incorrect information is not necessarily done with ill intent, just ignorance, but this particular Mongler fellow seems to do this over and over again, thus offering no useful input whatsoever. I do not feel there is ill intent here, either.
Old January 14th, 2019, 10:55   #18
Vince Waldon
Veteran Member

Yup, agreed, the balance between "it's the internet just let it go" and "but now the whole thread is headed towards an iceberg" is a personal struggle.

At the end of the day I guess no kittens get harmed?!

Oh and sorry to drag your thread off topic OP... was out in the garage the other day and found my assortment of IDI injector shims. Ah, the memories!!
Vince Waldon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2019, 11:12   #19
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

I still have two: my '91 Jetta and my '82 Vanagon.
Old January 21st, 2019, 19:32   #20
joetdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
I realize that incorrect information is not necessarily done with ill intent, just ignorance, but this particular Mongler fellow seems to do this over and over again, thus offering no useful input whatsoever. I do not feel there is ill intent here, either.
Ya, I hear ya he was arguing with me on another thread and just won't quit. I would be way to embarrassed to post any more.

I see he doesn't bother you, want did you do, threaten him.
joetdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 20:57   #21
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

ah, just the place i love to be, where most people hate me, but idgaf
joetdi is wrong, but cant admit it and oil hammer just calls sh** out to be Jackfff
yea i saw his sig and the pic and immediately said some dumb ill informed stuff about glowplugs. His sig is a mk3, i jumped the gun and thats why i'm wrong.
Calling my 20 some years of car experience and knowledge (useless) and (threatening) and such, its all just you guys trolling from behind your keyboards. I'm sure if we all got to a meet up we would be friends, if not, well, that's too bad for you as it means your probably a bad person.
my AHU has not had glow plugs in it for years. you don't need them unless its cold, but OP does.
You got a problem with me, message me, don't be a sour apple in threads about me. When i am in fact wrong i have no problem admitting it. Jesus dude's i didn't know there were folks like you both who are perfect! guess you don't need a back space or an eraser!
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote