www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old September 20th, 2017, 13:01   #16
giuseppe_b
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42 mpg avg

I did have one set, but it doesn't seem to trigger anymore. I have not been able to figure out why.
giuseppe_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2017, 19:45   #17
KERMA

Edit: it just started working again. I was trying to get it to connect at idle, but apparently it is easier to connect with the car moving. Strange.

very weird, it just stopped working.
connects to bluetooth dongle, but when it tries to connect to OBD the symbols briefly go red and then goes back to just the bluetooth symbol being lit.

already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, cycling power on the phone, cycling bluetooth off/on and the obvious stuff

torque app works fine. so bluetooth is connecting ok.
I'll have to investigate this some more.
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical. - Neils Bohr

Last edited by KERMA; September 22nd, 2017 at 09:40.
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:40   #18
EECSentric
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 36-49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
When I used torque with custom PIDs, the PIDs were the same for the CRKA engine of the passat as the CJAA engine, maybe try the CRKA. I haven't checked all the PIDs on the Gen 3 engine as the wife thinks it stupid waste of of my time to monitor the car on long trips. I think it's because it'd distract her from critiquing my driving.
I use Torque Pro with custom PIDs found on another forum post. Do you know if there is an updated to the custom PIDs that give the detailed DPF info presented by VAG DPF?

I'd like to find the custom PIDs for regen duration, distance/time since regen, post injection, etc. if they are available.

Thanks,
-James
Old October 1st, 2017, 13:25   #19
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Has anyone found an app that works on IOS?
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 23:31   #20
sportwagen3
Veteran Member

Can someone explain the different measurements and what would be the safe ranges? Sorry new to this all, but want to get some kind of understanding.
sportwagen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 00:10   #21
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportwagen3 View Post
Can someone explain the different measurements and what would be the safe ranges? Sorry new to this all, but want to get some kind of understanding.
I believe the car will take care of keeping the levels "safe", we just happen to get to watch it while it's doing it. Personally, I won't shut the car down if a regen hasn't completed and temps are back to normal. Maybe a little extreme but I see no reason NOT to if I have the time and awareness of what's going on. I might be alone in this madness though....
Old October 20th, 2017, 08:21   #22
Sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMA View Post
Edit: it just started working again. I was trying to get it to connect at idle, but apparently it is easier to connect with the car moving. Strange.

very weird, it just stopped working.
connects to bluetooth dongle, but when it tries to connect to OBD the symbols briefly go red and then goes back to just the bluetooth symbol being lit.

already tried uninstalling/reinstalling, cycling power on the phone, cycling bluetooth off/on and the obvious stuff

torque app works fine. so bluetooth is connecting ok.
I'll have to investigate this some more.
Have you tried changing the update speed in the DPF app settings?
Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 09:43   #23
sportwagen3
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1 View Post
I believe the car will take care of keeping the levels "safe", we just happen to get to watch it while it's doing it. Personally, I won't shut the car down if a regen hasn't completed and temps are back to normal. Maybe a little extreme but I see no reason NOT to if I have the time and awareness of what's going on. I might be alone in this madness though....
Is there any issues if you do turn your car off in the middle of regen?
sportwagen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 10:40   #24
Sad Panda

Quote:
They are designed to work around it so they dont need a regen light on the dash or anything so no it shouldnt hurt anything. I just prefer to not shut it off when the DPF is at 600C so I usually let it idle until complete.
Sad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 11:25   #25
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EECSentric View Post
I use Torque Pro with custom PIDs found on another forum post. Do you know if there is an updated to the custom PIDs that give the detailed DPF info presented by VAG DPF?

I'd like to find the custom PIDs for regen duration, distance/time since regen, post injection, etc. if they are available.

Thanks,
-James

i got nothig as I'm using that same CSV file from that other thread, and I get laughed at for trying to use torque while driving
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2017, 14:13   #26
ZippyNH
Veteran Member

Quote:
Should be nothing bad, but most folks like to avoid it...
If you do interrupt it, the cooling fan will run on high a bit after shutdown.
Since we now have (in the USA) a 11 year 162,000 mile warranty in most cases, I would worry even less about the DPF cracking due to the thermal stress of an interrupt regen.
Old October 21st, 2017, 01:46   #27
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
On my '09, before emissions tune, I had the monitor set on 900F to show me the regen was happening at highway revs. I saw it hit 1200F once and that seemed too much, so I turned into a pull off and shut it down. On restart, it was done with regen. I have no idea how the newer ones, and especially the new tune, modifies those parameters. I doubt VW would let you know.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2017, 14:36   #28
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Panda View Post
They are designed to work around it so they dont need a regen light on the dash or anything so no it shouldnt hurt anything. I just prefer to not shut it off when the DPF is at 600C so I usually let it idle until complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Should be nothing bad, but most folks like to avoid it...
If you do interrupt it, the cooling fan will run on high a bit after shutdown.
Since we now have (in the USA) a 11 year 162,000 mile warranty in most cases, I would worry even less about the DPF cracking due to the thermal stress of an interrupt regen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Anchorage View Post
On my '09, before emissions tune, I had the monitor set on 900F to show me the regen was happening at highway revs. I saw it hit 1200F once and that seemed too much, so I turned into a pull off and shut it down. On restart, it was done with regen. I have no idea how the newer ones, and especially the new tune, modifies those parameters. I doubt VW would let you know.
Well, glad to see I'm not alone on this one. I think the TDI crowd are, in general, more "in tune" with their vehicles. I know they are supposed to work around the mid regen shut down but I really dislike stepping out of the car, fans running like it's an airplane about to take off and car smelling like a bonfire.
Old October 21st, 2017, 16:50   #29
Borsig

tag for later. I need one of these.

Borsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:44   #30
amitsekhon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 17.5~17.8 kms/litre in city

VAGDPF officially added CRUA engine in the latest update yesterday even though it was working fine before under different engine name.
Now it displays more useful 'High Pressure EGR' rate instead of low pressure EGR rate.

amitsekhon is offline   Reply With Quote