www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old February 4th, 2019, 15:35   #1426
Discovery
Veteran Member

Hope it's going to fit...

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2019, 22:32   #1427
JeffsSportWagen

Today I added a touch of color to the engine cover with a bit of blue vinyl I had laying around.

And last month I got around to installing the GTI/GTD pedal covers I got for Christmas. They came from Amazon and for the price ($35.00ish) they look and fit terrific!

The brake pedal went on pretty easily the first time. The gas pedal took some finessing but I got it on the 2nd try. The dead pedal was the "hardest" mostly because I had trouble getting the kick-panel off over the hood release. But after a couple of tries and a little google-fu I got it on. Maybe spent 20 minutes total... including running back and forth between my computer and the garage. I did skin a knuckle and it bled a tiny bit... which just means the job is done right!

"I have a car-sickness. I need to be checked into the HENRY Ford Clinic." -Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor
JeffsSportWagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 08:19   #1428
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

That car is missing a pedal.
Old February 5th, 2019, 08:44   #1429
JeffsSportWagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoBlueWagon View Post
That car is missing a pedal.
LOL! Yeah, yeah, I know... the requirements were BLUE and then TDI so I pulled the trigger when I (finally) found one. I do miss the 6 speed manual my 09 Mazda6 had... but my aging knees are happier with the DSG.

So glad I held out the 7 months it took to find it as they began reselling the DG buybacks. When I decided on a Sportwagen I figured I had missed out on ever having a TDI so I was ready to accept a gasser.

I'm REALLY enjoying this car and the Diesel life... I've decided this one will have to last me a VERY long time.

"I have a car-sickness. I need to be checked into the HENRY Ford Clinic." -Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor
JeffsSportWagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2019, 14:26   #1430
ProfBrown

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Drove it through a mud bog on the way to town. Picked up some tire cables for it since we just got a snowy weather advisory. First set of cables ever bough, never had to use any and only driven in the snow 1 time in a truck. Wonder how it’ll do on the dirt roads that are so washed out and rutted up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:28   #1431
jason_
Veteran Member

38k miles

Fired it up this morning and yellow steering wheel with exclamation point won't go away.

God &;|] <;>¥<[|`> cars!

I hope it's nothing serious.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 08:43   #1432
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Did you figure it out? Have you driven the car yet? If the battery had been disconnected, then the car needs to relearn the positions on its sensors. If that's the case, then driving the car about 50 feet will "fix" it.

| .M y . S t a g e . 2 . G T I . |
| Facebook | YouTube | Fuelly |
Stealth TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 10:36   #1433
Discovery
Veteran Member

Finally got to use my Tesla bosal adapter.

Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:19   #1434
jason_
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth TDI View Post
Did you figure it out? Have you driven the car yet? If the battery had been disconnected, then the car needs to relearn the positions on its sensors. If that's the case, then driving the car about 50 feet will "fix" it.

Not sure.

Never disconnected or had a dead battery since bought new.

I drove a mile and it stayed lit yellow. Even cycled ignition and it would do its traditional red momentarily, but stay yellow.

So I said **** it and kept driving. Got to work, 10 miles, stayed yellow the whole time.

Did my day, clocked out, fired it up.

Nothing. Hasn't returned either. Still yet to see if module has anything in history.

I'll post the code if so. Uhhhh, should I post the entire auto scan or just the few lines of the one code? Haha.

jason_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 16:16   #1435
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Probably low coolant level. Check message in radio button.
15 Golf SW DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:49   #1436
codyayrton

Troubleshot from afar. Wife "had" to pull it out of the garage two weeks ago to make room for a tile saw. Mentioned that the starter seemed sluggish. Then parked it in the freezing temps for the two weeks and, what do you know, a totally dead battery. My wife works for a tire company that sells batteries and sometimes tells me things that I don't know about car batteries so I really wonder what she was thinking . Talked her through getting it started again with a completely dead battery and a very cold diesel engine. I guess I'll go buy a new battery in June when I get home if having her attach it to a charger doesn't work.

codyayrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:59   #1437
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ View Post
38k miles

Fired it up this morning and yellow steering wheel with exclamation point won't go away.

God &;|] <;>¥<[|`> cars!

I hope it's nothing serious.

you had issues with the DSG connector, wonder if you bought a flooded vehicle and now are having issues with the power steering ground.

Wonder what will be next.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2019, 11:39   #1438
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyayrton View Post
Troubleshot from afar. Wife "had" to pull it out of the garage two weeks ago to make room for a tile saw. Mentioned that the starter seemed sluggish. Then parked it in the freezing temps for the two weeks and, what do you know, a totally dead battery. My wife works for a tire company that sells batteries and sometimes tells me things that I don't know about car batteries so I really wonder what she was thinking . Talked her through getting it started again with a completely dead battery and a very cold diesel engine. I guess I'll go buy a new battery in June when I get home if having her attach it to a charger doesn't work.
Tell her to get it on the charger and get it fully charged, not just so it will start. If she drives mostly short trips you should do this on a regular basis as the car won't completely recharge the battery unless it is driven for some time. Repeated short trips especially in the cold will kill the battery pretty quickly, especially if you let it die multiple times.
Old February 13th, 2019, 08:02   #1439
codyayrton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightflyer1 View Post
Tell her to get it on the charger and get it fully charged, not just so it will start. If she drives mostly short trips you should do this on a regular basis as the car won't completely recharge the battery unless it is driven for some time. Repeated short trips especially in the cold will kill the battery pretty quickly, especially if you let it die multiple times.
That's what we're doing. I asked her to put a charger on it two weeks ago and instead she left it outside knowing that the battery was weak. It's not being driven at all other than just to be moved.

codyayrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2019, 09:40   #1440
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

When you return you should just install a trickle charger on the car so all it needs is plugged in. Also the car needs to be kept locked and the keys away from the car. The car will not go into sleep mode unless this is done. This lets the car power down to its lowest electrical level.