www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 4th, 2014, 09:52   #61
cmschmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korab View Post
ceramic tint going on this weekend. 35% sides, 20% back.
The dealer agreed to tint the windows on my car when it gets to the dealership. Sorta makes up for the confusion of the order when I first ordered the car. While it's probably not ceramic, it will have a lifetime warranty through the installer.
cmschmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:13   #62
twistedcricket

TDI(s): No TDIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmerrill View Post
LED tails...

Where did you get those? I was thinking I'd just replace the bulbs, but that looks a LOT better!
07 - Yamaha FJR; for when I need to speed
02 - Ford Ranger; for when I need to haul sh!t
twistedcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:43   #63
nkgagne
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly in signature
Default What did you do to your MK7 today?

Quote:
Not yet. I'm gonna try to find a shop that will run the wiring for me. I can't get over thinking that there has got to be a better way. Just wish VCDS was translated. It would be much easier to figure out if there is in fact a better way.

It has to do with how wires were repurposed. The wire that is for the signal in EU is repurposed to the sidemarker in NAM. A new wire must be run to each housing to power the amber signal (and possibly yet another to enable the rear fog lamp - can't remember).

Bone stock. Dieselgate Stage 1 reflash complete.
nkgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:57   #64
Korab
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: it had better be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkgagne View Post
It has to do with how wires were repurposed. The wire that is for the signal in EU is repurposed to the sidemarker in NAM. A new wire must be run to each housing to power the amber signal (and possibly yet another to enable the rear fog lamp - can't remember).
There is a harness available, but it has to be run from the front to rear and requires coding to activate. Its a complicated install.
Korab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:00   #65
Korab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedcricket View Post
Where did you get those? I was thinking I'd just replace the bulbs, but that looks a LOT better!
I got mine at HS tuning. OEM parts, includes the harness necessary for activation of the amber turn signals, but they are completely plug and play and error free without it. I was very satisfied with the transaction. They processed my order in about 30 minutes. Were on a UPS truck the next day.
Old December 4th, 2014, 13:17   #66
Asmerrill
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedcricket View Post

Also, you can get them from Ed over on the vortex, $599 shipped. Look in the mk7 classifieds for the post.
Asmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 13:20   #67
Korab
Veteran Member

Quote:
Also, you can get them from Ed over on the vortex, $599 shipped. Look in the mk7 classifieds for the post.
Chinese version, no harness - buyer beware. 800 with the harness from HS.
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:47   #68
Korab
Veteran Member

I had a little free time, so installed my LED tails last night as well. The harness install and coding necessary to get the Amber turn signal to work will be left to a professional!
Old December 6th, 2014, 20:08   #69
Korab
Veteran Member

Tint went on today. Makes such a big difference on a white car. Gotta snap some pics!
Old December 30th, 2014, 17:54   #70
StormyTDi

My tint went on today, not as dark as most but maxed at Virginia legal (50% front sides/ 35% back sides and hatch). What a massive difference at night - no need for the rear view mirror to be adjusted anymore!!! The installers were great, but called the little triangles in the front "devil windows" and said they couldn't put tint in there due to the lack of accessibility.
StormyTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 23:13   #71
robbydawgs

What did I do today to my 2015 TDI SEL? I asked the dealer about trading it in for the GTI. IDK but I'm only 1000 miles in and I'm already underwhelmed. Anyone else feel that way with their first diesel? I've had many VWs but I have to say I'm not giddy about the way it drives. As a new diesel owner, what do I need to get over to finally start enjoying this car?
robbydawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2014, 10:10   #72
twistedcricket

TDI(s): No TDIs

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbydawgs View Post
What did I do today to my 2015 TDI SEL? I asked the dealer about trading it in for the GTI. IDK but I'm only 1000 miles in and I'm already underwhelmed. Anyone else feel that way with their first diesel? I've had many VWs but I have to say I'm not giddy about the way it drives. As a new diesel owner, what do I need to get over to finally start enjoying this car?
What were you expecting? Which trim level did you get? if you're comparing it to the GTI, I think the comparable trim level is the SE at least, but maybe the SEL.

My 2015 has 3,000 miles and is great! Is it as quick as my old Nissan Altima 3.5L v6 or motorcycle? Nope. Only the motorcycle gets better fuel economy, but only by a little bit and I can't drive that in the winter in the midwest.

If you have the automatic I have found that while driving in town I prefer to leave my DSG in the Sport mode. It helps me get out of people's way if they're in more of a hurry than I am.

If you were thinking this would be the fastest of the Golfs, it's not. I bought my TDI because I take a lot of road trips and the Altima was falling apart (rusting in precarious places). I really like the fuel economy. Even though gas prices dropped considerably, I still think this is a great purchase for me. Eventually those gas prices will go back up...

Is the ride too stiff? Did the dealer remove the pucks from the suspension? (it's documented on this forum somewhere) If you hit the smallest bump and it's bone-shattering, that might be an issue.

Could you be more specific about what you're not happy with? Maybe start a new thread and ask for opinions?
07 - Yamaha FJR; for when I need to speed
02 - Ford Ranger; for when I need to haul sh!t
twistedcricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2015, 19:58   #73
Southalabama84

I've been trying to clean out the garage and sold a set of axles I picked up several years ago. I wish I would have moved the towel before taking the picture. I also had the windows tinted earlier this week. 32% on the front doors and 20% on the rest.

Old January 2nd, 2015, 05:58   #74
mehmetmert

TDI(s): Mk7 1.6 TDI

Downpipe And Custom Varex type muffler

http://youtu.be/KCivw9FtCRQ?list=UUJ...7ukKkkELoagADQ

Last edited by mehmetmert; January 2nd, 2015 at 06:03.
mehmetmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:18   #75
Caseyb476
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyTDi View Post
My tint went on today, not as dark as most but maxed at Virginia legal (50% front sides/ 35% back sides and hatch). What a massive difference at night - no need for the rear view mirror to be adjusted anymore!!! The installers were great, but called the little triangles in the front "devil windows" and said they couldn't put tint in there due to the lack of accessibility.
I had mine tinted yesterday. When I dropped it off, I said they didn't have to worry about those little windows, since it seemed impossible to get to. They INSISTED they would cover them. When I picked it, they weren't tinted and they didn't even mention it
Caseyb476 is offline   Reply With Quote