cheap flash tuner solution

BlakGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 mk4 golf
im not talking about the chip, but the tool to flash ecus. what is the cheapest most reliable one out there. i know kerma had trouble with the cheap one off ebay.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
The ebay ones seem to work for some but not others. I don't know of another cheap flasher like that though.

OptiCan

TDI
Phaeton 5.0TDI
There is no good cheap solutions for a flash tool. For your own and your customers part you should choose a tool that works flawlessly - these systems are not cheap, but you will be safe :)

BlakGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 mk4 golf
i dont have any customers. im ganna order the aligator kit and i dont feel like pulling out the ecu. looks like i wont have a choice

OptiCan

TDI
Phaeton 5.0TDI
DIY flash is not a good idea -those cheap ebay **** system gives to much trouble and many wrecked ecus'. It will be cheaper for you to get a real tuner to flash new software - at least you will not be needing a new ecu or a repair after a good tuner has done his work....
Just my 2 cent...

KROUT

persona non grata
The down loader kerma has works great for the alh's. No need to remove ecu or chip.

BlakGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 mk4 golf
i thought it was kermas flash loader that he mails people and that u have to mail back to him. i live in canada and i dont wanna get charged customs for the loader that wont even be mine. and i dont want kerma to have to pay customs when he gets it back. trust me i deal ALOT on the internet. and lost packages happen once in a while. canada post lost 2 of my packages this year alone. (800$ in the whole)

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
BlakGolf said:
i thought it was kermas flash loader that he mails people and that u have to mail back to him. i live in canada and i dont wanna get charged customs for the loader that wont even be mine. and i dont want kerma to have to pay customs when he gets it back. trust me i deal ALOT on the internet. and lost packages happen once in a while. canada post lost 2 of my packages this year alone. (800$ in the whole)
you will be able to get it from diesel inside which is in canada :)

BlakGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 mk4 golf
damnnnnnn and its only 250$, i hope i get to keep it. i dont understand why kerma isnt advertising this.

KROUT

persona non grata
jackbombay said:
How's your Aligator tune? Did you ever get to the dyno?
Its going good. I just took some more logs last night. I will send them out today and get him to reduce a little smoke. I had some issues with the car I had to work out. I will try to dyno this week or next.

OH3Hoser

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
doc_m said:
you will be able to get it from diesel inside which is in canada :)
Or you could check out mikrotuning.com they are based in Qubec and are an aligator dealer. Talk to Marc aka Red Rotors on this forum. He has been very helpful with my inquiries.

Ken

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
This is the future of "chip tuning"

Sneak preview of the new Q-loader, EDC-16 compatible, dead reliable, one button tuning, a five-year old can do it from the driver seat, does everything the "big money" tuners will do, but locked for use with one car:

All file loading and tuning is done over we-mail, no need to drive 9 hours to a GTG or mail your ECU, takes 5 minutes to revert back to stock anytime you want, stores up to 3 tuned files plus your stock one, 5 minutes to update for a new turbo or injectors, all from the driver's seat.

Last edited:

jsrmonster

TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
awesome - keep up the good work!

jsrmonster

TDI
KERMA said:
no need to drive 9 hours to a GTG or mail your ECU,
I think most folks drive to gtgs to get their cars fixed by the experts cuz their local shops can't. Why do you think they drive tdi's - frugal owners know where to get the best!

I'll spend 3 hours fixing problems before I chiptune. I always say, get the car fixed for a couple of hundred bux, and get a free tuning. Can't do that thru the mail! :)

jsr

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
KERMA said:

Sneak preview of the new Q-loader, EDC-16 compatible, dead reliable, one button tuning, a five-year old can do it from the driver seat, does everything the "big money" tuners will do, but locked for use with one car:

All file loading and tuning is done over we-mail, no need to drive 9 hours to a GTG or mail your ECU, takes 5 minutes to revert back to stock anytime you want, stores up to 3 tuned files plus your stock one, 5 minutes to update for a new turbo or injectors, all from the driver's seat.
Sweet....!!! But at a price of 1 million dollars. That might be out of my league!! :D

BlakGolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 mk4 golf
sweeeeeeeet kerma how much. i still need a laptop right?mac compatible or are u ganna hate on us LOOOOOL,i have windows on it to no worries just playing

so thats whats ganna cost 250?

Sooch

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf
KERMA said:

Fantastic! This is exactly what we have been waiting for. What's the ETA?

Last edited:

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
KERMA said:

Sneak preview of the new Q-loader, EDC-16 compatible, dead reliable, one button tuning, a five-year old can do it.
But is it so simple a CaveMan can do it?:D