www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old January 8th, 2019, 08:50   #16
bmwM5power
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
I trying to see what 54786-2 will look like on the Golf. I heard it gives a reverse rake which I don't want. I like it to sit even front & back. I would like it to sit like my old GTI but not as low just even.
if you get rake you can use these 8J0512149 rubber spring packing instead of the existing ones it will raise the rear about 1/4" or so
bmwM5power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 08:57   #17
BMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwM5power View Post
if you get rake you can use these 8J0512149 rubber spring packing instead of the existing ones it will raise the rear about 1/4" or so
Good to know, thanks
BMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 11:12   #18
AGOODHI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MKVII GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwM5power View Post
stock shocks on HR sport 54788

i'm running same setup on stock shocks. on mine, the rear sits a tad bit higher than front.

AGOODHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 17:20   #19
bmwM5power
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGOODHI View Post
i'm running same setup on stock shocks. on mine, the rear sits a tad bit higher than front.
same here, thats what i need
Old January 8th, 2019, 18:08   #20
Picaroon

Here's some info that helped me decide. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=488538

Ended up with the H&R's with stock shocks.
Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 21:19   #21
tleader
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06' BRM
Fuel Economy: 43-48

I used the EMD (Emmanuele Designs) springs. The are linear and not progressive like many springs. They have a more "stock" feel/ride. The site says they will not work on the TDI, but after research and speaking with others who have used them on a TDI, they fit and work perfectly fine. They even come with rear spacers that you can use or leave out depending on the look and amount of travel you like.

https://www.emdauto.com/collections/...nt=22072159687
tleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2019, 04:22   #22
BMAN

My 4X4 TDI for now
Old January 9th, 2019, 18:34   #23
mikesarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
Thanks for posting. This is the look I'm after. Are these H&R springs? If so are these the one for the TDI? Part # 54786-2
No sweat- I believe so. I ordered them from a non-tdiclub vendor that happened to be having a blowout sale back when I got them, they were less than $200 when on sale. Any vendor on this site will be competitive with any current deals and I'd check through them, they'll know what's correct. here's a link to forum vendors

To each their own, but I'd really recommend doing at least the front shocks while it's all apart. you'll almost certainly blow out the stock fronts within a short time if you continue to run the stockers, and doing that job twice on jack stands will suck. Maybe I'm the only one that hates spring compressors and strut spreaders. I waited to do the rears, but I'm already feeling a degradation in ride quality so once I get paid I'll order up the rear konis and throw them in.

Last edited by mikesarge; January 9th, 2019 at 18:47.
mikesarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 03:57   #24
BMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesarge View Post
No sweat- I believe so. I ordered them from a non-tdiclub vendor that happened to be having a blowout sale back when I got them, they were less than $200 when on sale. Any vendor on this site will be competitive with any current deals and I'd check through them, they'll know what's correct. here's a link to forum vendors

To each their own, but I'd really recommend doing at least the front shocks while it's all apart. you'll almost certainly blow out the stock fronts within a short time if you continue to run the stockers, and doing that job twice on jack stands will suck. Maybe I'm the only one that hates spring compressors and strut spreaders. I waited to do the rears, but I'm already feeling a degradation in ride quality so once I get paid I'll order up the rear konis and throw them in.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I agree, as I mentioned on page 1 I'm planning on using Bilstein B8 Plus with H&R lowering springs.
Old January 10th, 2019, 06:38   #25
BMAN

I'm guess with our solid TDI rear axle we can't adjust camber or toe?
Old January 15th, 2019, 19:00   #26
sprstu
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: average:42 best:48

Does anyone know if the MK6 springs and struts are usable on the MBQ platform? I have 3 sets of mk6 springs in the garage: VWR, Golf R and H&R, and I would love to use them on my GSW. I understand that the rear is now a solid vs independent but it seems strange if the MK6 and MK7 aren't close enough for it to work.
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:37   #27
bmwM5power
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprstu View Post
Does anyone know if the MK6 springs and struts are usable on the MBQ platform? I have 3 sets of mk6 springs in the garage: VWR, Golf R and H&R, and I would love to use them on my GSW. I understand that the rear is now a solid vs independent but it seems strange if the MK6 and MK7 aren't close enough for it to work.
id say youre gonna have to try it, at least the rears, 30 min job