www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 26th, 2018, 14:15   #481
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprstu View Post
2015 GSW 6spd 64K miles, MANY small annoyances

Investigating a cold temp clicking in the front suspension, probably sway bar end link but annoying this early in its life

Investigating rear wheel bearing noise at slow speed around corners (think roundabout)

Investigating clunking from rear suspension on speed bumps

Clutch slipping under heavy load in 4-5-6th gear. Must always shift down to get above 3K rpm to avoid slipping.

Driver window auto up-down 50% functioning
Radio forgets station upon start up and goes back to static 50% of the time
Tire pressure monitor system thinks tires are low, investigating reveals the system is wrong
Torn 2 outer CV boots, driver side, car is OEM height
Back up camera is 50% function, many times just black screen
*As much as I hate to recommend it, have you taken it to the dealer, in particular with respect to clutch slippage?
*Window regulator should also be covered under warranty.
*TPMS - you can reset. Have you done that at a low enough temp to keep it from alarming again?
*Radio - no idea. Do you use bluetooth for your phone? Does it function the same whether or not your phone is BT enabled?

Best wishes for the new year.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2018, 14:31   #482
Nuje
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1200km/tank (Mk4); 750km/tank (Mk7)

Radio going back to static is the "87.7 radio station bug". Talked about more than once here.
Torn CV boots - wow! Not sure what you're driving over, but that does seem bad.
Clutch slippage - that's not good. Take that in for sure.
Back-up camera in my car is the best of probably 20 different cars I've driven in - only time it doesn't work is if I put it in R, then go out of R to another gear, then back into R again.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 07:00   #483
MiniAustinMini

Quote:
2015 GSW 6spd 64K miles, MANY small annoyances
Investigating a cold temp clicking in the front suspension, probably sway bar end link but annoying this early in its life
Investigating rear wheel bearing noise at slow speed around corners (think roundabout)
Investigating clunking from rear suspension on speed bumps
Clutch slipping under heavy load in 4-5-6th gear. Must always shift down to get above 3K rpm to avoid slipping.
Radio forgets station upon start up and goes back to static 50% of the time
Tire pressure monitor system thinks tires are low, investigating reveals the system is wrong
Torn 2 outer CV boots, driver side, car is OEM height
Back up camera is 50% function, many times just black screen
I have been rather disappointed with the MK7 quality overall. My mk6 JSW with triple the miles was a more solid driving vehicle. I like the Ea288 engine more but the car itself feels inferior overall. Perhaps are I replace parts with non-OE pieces they will be superior quality but I have my doubts.
Does this happen to be the red one purchased from Hall VW this summer/fall? I was very interested, but when they started showing me pictures of it at the junkyard it came from... Its sad how some of these buybacks were treated.
Many of your gremlins could be cause by water damage/dry rot. My '15 GSW 6spd with 33k has only a squeak behind the dash to complain about. (had the peeling shift boot trim replaced the week after I bought it)
Best of luck to you. Do you have any kind of buy-back guarantee on it?
MiniAustinMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2018, 15:29   #484
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

It would not surprise me if the clutch delay valve (restrictor) that's built into the bleeder unit could cause a slipping clutch after some miles.

FWIW, my MK7 has 75k miles and no crazy issues that weren't self inflicted.

'01 Jetta | 17/22, 3bar MAP, 11mm IP/Lift pump, PD 150, OMI, FMIC, PP502s, SBC st3, .685 5th, Malone Stage 5
'15 Golf | GTD1752vrk, 4bar MAP, CP3, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE w/DMF, Fluidampr
adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2018, 09:05   #485
sprstu
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: average:42 best:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniAustinMini View Post
Does this happen to be the red one purchased from Hall VW this summer/fall? I was very interested, but when they started showing me pictures of it at the junkyard it came from... Its sad how some of these buybacks were treated.
Many of your gremlins could be cause by water damage/dry rot. My '15 GSW 6spd with 33k has only a squeak behind the dash to complain about. (had the peeling shift boot trim replaced the week after I bought it)
Best of luck to you. Do you have any kind of buy-back guarantee on it?

It is a platinum grey originally from Michigan that was purchased in Minneapolis in sept 2017. It sat for a little while, 2 months, while it was in limbo being fixed but the CarFax shows a pretty quick turn around from VW buying it, fixing it and then selling it at auction.

None my issue are life ending, just very annoying.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 05:54   #486
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:

I find I need to hold the window switch way longer than I should to initiate the auto up/down feature (1-2 seconds, where our previous MK5 and NMS it's instant), almost like there's lag in the canbus for it to register.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote