What did you do to your car today?

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
VSS on my 6 speed. Back of trans against the firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if there's something different about your setup, I changed mine and don't remember dropping the transmission/motor to do it?

On the other hand, it was 4+ years ago and I have reusable motor/trans mount bolts so it wouldn't have been a big deal so it's likely I'm mis-remembering :)

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
I had some curb rash on my 06 Jetta. Got some spray paint from Amazon. While I was at that, since the fender needed to come off, I got replacement Hella headlights from eBay. I also got Error-Free LED city lights (that go next to the high beams). I had polished and repolished the light several times but they had turned permanently hazed. The only trouble I had was getting one of the headlight harnesses to disconnect. The tab was broken. A quick insertion of a metal pick got the harness off. With everything painted and having bright shiny headlights again it looks like a new car. The LED lights look really nice too.

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Drop the motor to do a speed sensor?

In the trans or ABS at the wheel?

6 speed sensor on the left and the 5 speed on the right. 6 speed is too long to replace without dropping motor. Old one can get stuck. The inside can pull out from the tube which can require opening the transaxle to get it out. Overall, pain int he but for the 6 speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI/DSG; 05 Jetta Wagon auto (retired)
Finally picked up new tires over the weekend, I decided on 215/55R17's for the Longbeach's

Jake

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I replaced the driver side mirror, as it was starting to fade due to water getting under the glass and causing the glass to separate... other than that... slowing but surely coming along with my Smyth Conversion

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Wheel alignment on the MKIV this past Saturday. Rolling past 310k km it's starting to look like the time has come to put some $$ into the front end. Some TLC to ensure my 700km weekly commute doesn't end up with me stranded on the highway somewhere.

AHouseOnFire

TDI
MK4 Jetta
After spending a month on this project and buying countless piping, boots.. EVERYTHING... I went to start it for the first time today and hit 20lbs of pure happiness.

Oh, I forgot to mention after I started it.. I went to go for a drive and the car would not go into resverse.... So, as you can imagine after so much money and time to go into a project and for no reason reverse just not work... I was losing my mind. I found a small plastic vacuum hose holder wedged into the linkage after about 10 minutes of using every cuss word I knew :eek:

Last edited:

AHouseOnFire

TDI
MK4 Jetta
Oil change with Motul and adulted my hood with pins :(

I'll replace them later on with the sleeker locks, but for now this will have to do.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
OK, then please fix it using your desktop computer. Thanks. BTW, I use Imgur and it provides the proper sizes for forums and bbs:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Or just add the offender to your "Ignore List" and the problem goes away.
True, but that option is reserved for the blatant trolls and other deliberately rude posters. Since he is a newbie, I figured a polite request should be the way to go. :D

hey_allen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Replaced the shocks, struts, and front sway bar bushings.
Finally, no more rattling noise when going over textured pavement.

I think that the right front strut took as much time as the rest of the shocks a d the other strut, combined.
The sway bar bushings took nearly as long, just trying to compress them far enough to get the bolts started.