Fuel filler door plunger part number request

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
The plunger that pops open/closed the fuel door on the car is sticking. Tried to lube it with graphite or moly based sprays after cleaning with degreaser/brake clean but nothing seems to work. It will work fine some times, and not most others. Have been looking for a PN but can't find one.

Anyone have the number handy, or a link?

Thanks!

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
That's it exactly, thank you! The little plunger rod that locks/unlocks the fuel door by doing a 1/4-turn as it goes in and out gets stuck.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, they do that. You can modify it by taking the plunger section out, and just putting one of those little peel 'n stick bumper pads in there, the door will stay shut on its own, and it won't ever leave you stuck again. I have done that on a few customers' cars for them, at their request. You are not the first to have this problem, although the Tiguans seem to be the worst for it for some reason.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You'd have to check with a dealer for the newest part number and for fitment. My ETKA is no longer able to be updated. There should be a part number on the actuator too.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
5N0-810-773-D which supercedes to E which supercedes to F (and may have an even newer supercession).

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...s8lugr1rXJMpD1xjC8Qztz2HD3vwfg5MaAnlhEALw_wcB

That is the actuator assembly. I assume that is what you are after.

Called a local dealership today to confirm the crossover, and you sir are 100% correct. This part does apply to the GSW and the -F revision is the current part number.

And, for once, the local dealers have them in stock and for cheaper than online suppliers!

Thanks again :D

Carl Ulli

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI (My Daughter's now); 2012 Highline Jetta TDI; 2012 Golf Wagon
Yeah, they do that. You can modify it by taking the plunger section out, and just putting one of those little peel 'n stick bumper pads in there, the door will stay shut on its own, and it won't ever leave you stuck again. I have done that on a few customers' cars for them, at their request. You are not the first to have this problem, although the Tiguans seem to be the worst for it for some reason.
I have found a way to prevent the fuel door to lock when locking the car doors using VAG-COM. I did this on my wife's 2012 Golf Wagon because it had intermittent problems. The only drawback is that the fuel door can no longer be locked with the rest of the car. I found it somewhere in the coding.

Last edited:

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
I have found a way to prevent the fuel door to lock when locking the car doors using VAG-COM. I did this on my wife's 2012 Golf Wagon because it had intermittent problems. The only drawback is that the fuel door can no longer be locked with the rest of the car. I found it somewhere in the coding.
That's a nifty hack. I'll poke around. Noticed the actuator stopped sticking with the return of non -40 weather.