2012 Passat TDI

Jon_2010_Golf_TDI

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M mine, 2012 Passat TDI DSG wifes
So we got my Wife's new Passat TDI last week and took it to Dallas yesterday (1/15/12). I toped off the tank before we left and I drove between 60 and 67 on the way up and she drove between 75 and 80 on the way back. on the way up the comp said 53.7 but by the time we got back it was 48.2 for the average of the trip. I went to the same station & same pump and filled it up to the same spot (until I could see the fuel after the foam settled). 592.2 miles and it took 12.652 gallons for a trip mpg of 46.8. The car now has 924 miles on it. My wife is very excited as we traded in her Tahoe that was getting about 17.5 mpg and if it keeps up this kind of mileage I will be very happy with it also (I knew it would be good but did not expect it to be quite that good). BTW the car is a SE with Sunroof and DSG.

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof
Very nice. I felt the same way when I saw my MPG after running my Jeep that was getting 16 to 17 MPG for 10 years.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
Sounds about right......I can set the cruise at 66mph and get 53-58mpg's on the highway, depending on temp/terrain. My typical highway travel here is rolling hills, temp range is usually from 25-50 degrees this time of year.

MikeMars

Veteran Member
TDI
Vento 1.9 TDi (retired), A4 1.9 TDi (rear end collision), VW Passat 1.9 TDi (retired), Audi A2 1.4 TDi
If you have hills, then usually you can get better MPG by turning the cruise control off (let the car slow down slightly as it nears the top of the hill, & speed up slightly on the way down, or even drop it into neutral on the downhill if you have a manual).

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
If you have hills, then usually you can get better MPG by turning the cruise control off (let the car slow down slightly as it nears the top of the hill, & speed up slightly on the way down, or even drop it into neutral on the downhill if you have a manual).
Thanks, but I don't have the patience for that, I do coast at times down longer grades with the 6M. Most of the hills I encounter are pretty small.