Matt-98AHU coming to N.CA (north of SAC); mini GTG? (9/29 - 9/30)

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
NOTE: This has been rescheduled to 9/29 - 9/30 (not that anybody is paying attention..)

-------
Hello everyone...

The short version: Matt is coming to my house in Chico, CA to do some work on my cars and a couple of friends' in the community. Since he'll be here for a few days, I thought I'd throw out the offer for people to make the trek and get some work done, eat some BBQ, beverages, etc.

Longer version:

Matt will be coming to Chico around 9/29 - 9/30/12. For those that don't know, Chico, is about 90 miles north of Sacramento, 70 miles south of Redding, 215 miles south of Medford, OR., 176 miles NE from San Francisco. Yes, it's a college town in the middle of nowhere.

He will be here a few days, depending on how much work I have for him. He has some work to do on my cars as well as a timing belt on a golf and some other odds and ends. Since he doesn't get up this way too often, I thought I'd put out the offer for anybody who wants to come and get some work done.

If people want to just come and hang out on 9/29, that would be fine as well. People are free to get work done on 9/29 or 9/30. I understand that there aren't likely a lot of members around here, and it might just end up being Matt, me and romad from Oroville, but, I figured 'what the heck.' If enough people want to stop by, I'll BBQ something good and yummy. If anybody is into MTB, there's lots of that around here as well.

People can also come and work on their own cars. I have a standard garage that matt will work in. 2 driveways spots, a few street spots we could work in and some really nice neighbors :). I have a 20gal compressor. Also, keep in mind that Matt is now a Malone dealer :D

So, if you're interested, post in the thread and/or drop me a PM. Let's see if anybody's game...

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Just to start the replies: I'm in! Maybe Matt can at least give me a list of what will be needed for the work in October, if not get some of it done.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
see..told you. Romad, me, and Matt.....

here's to holding out for some southern oregon or SAC folks...

pappyhat

TDI
2004 Wagon
Don't forget his Boca Burgers & Beer !!! Great guy, need him in San Diego later this year for another GTG/Workfest...

skthom

TDI
2006 Jetta, 2013 Passat
I could use Matt on his way up or back from Chico. I'm in Monterey area and need a cam job.

treyca

Veteran Member
cam master

matt did my cam and lifters, did a great job and reasonably priced.

Frankencar

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 GTI +TDI, Lifted 98 NB TDI, Corrado TDI Swap, 15 Golf TDI, a dozen TDI motors etc...

thehedonist

TDI
2000 jetta
Where is Matt based out of? I'm in Truckee and have a TDI that could use some love. Unfortunately the tranny is blown, so getting it to Chico is out of the question.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
He's in Santa Maria...if you pay him mileage, he'll come to you...PM him about swinging by on his way out of Chico. I could give him backroads / hwy 20 directions....

is it an auto tranny that is blown?

thehedonist

TDI
2000 jetta
Manual tranny. It's making a real loud clicking noise. If you want to give me his contact info, maybe I could set something up. Thank you.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Matt,

On the way back down to Cambria, would you stop by my house and put this into my car? 24th? 25th?

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Where is Matt based out of? I'm in Truckee and have a TDI that could use some love. Unfortunately the tranny is blown, so getting it to Chico is out of the question.
He left VA today on his way to Ohio to do a job then on back to California. Perhaps he might be able to squeeze you in as he passes through. Though it would be be tight since he is probably aiming to arrive in Chico Friday night.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NOTE: This has been rescheduled to 9/29 - 9/30 (not that anybody is paying attention..)
LOL.... I sure as $hit AM paying attention... purely selfish reasons.... sooooo Matt is not in NorCal this weekend? Did he get hook up with some sex crazed wild woman in Ypsilanti, MI?

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nah, he is working his way back to the CPR one TDI at a time. I believe he was in Ohio on Tuesday. See post 17 above. I don't know if thehedonist in Truckeeever got in touch with him, but Matt might be stopping there.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
LOL.... I sure as $hit AM paying attention... purely selfish reasons.... sooooo Matt is not in NorCal this weekend? Did he get hook up with some sex crazed wild woman in Ypsilanti, MI?
ha! That's right...motors to put together...throw it all onto a flat bed and come on up...i'll do pulled pork just for you ;)

Seriously, the schedule was just getting too tight. Since there pretty much is nobody actually coming, it was easy to disrupt everybody's schedules ;-)

I didn't know he was going to be in truckee...hmmm..

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't know either but since thehedonist said he was in Truckee with his broke TDI (and thus couldn't make it to Chico), I suggested that he get in touch with Matt to see if he could do anything on his way back to California enroute to Chico. I'm assuming Matt will be coming via I-80. Also I don't know if he will be taking CA-20 west from I-80 to Marysville/Yuba City, then north via either CA70 or CA99.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I heard she was a dominatrix. Something about tying him up and whipping him into shape and submission. Bending him to her will by just looking at him! :eek:
Oh wait! sorry, that's marriage (so I hear anyway). :rolleyes: Wrong rumor.

I just (literally, my phone went "ding dong" with a text from him) found out that he's in Indianapolis this morning. He was in Chicago yesterday working on a NB. Tomorrow I think he's thinking St. Louis! :eek:

I'm trying to convince him to hit up all lower 48 states. lol

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm working on a list of what I need/might need done on the 29th in Chico and then down in San Pablo.

Need:
80,000 & 90,000 mile service (latter is just the oil change and tire rotation)
Oil seep from IC checked out.

Might need:
Intake cleaning
Camshaft Inspection for wear.
Anything else Matt might suggest.

Last edited:

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
I may be interested in coming up from Modesto should I not solve my problems beforehand. Having some brake issues.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
cool...let me know and I'll get you on his schedule. I'm sure we can be flexible.

oh, and zippy...marriage is that way if you marry a warden rather than a spouse, as intended. Some people, unfortunately, make that mistake...now, if they're into it, then more power to 'em.. :D

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I heard she was a dominatrix. Something about tying him up and whipping him into shape and submission. Bending him to her will by just looking at him! :eek:
Oh wait! sorry, that's marriage (so I hear anyway). :rolleyes: Wrong rumor.

I just (literally, my phone went "ding dong" with a text from him) found out that he's in Indianapolis this morning. He was in Chicago yesterday working on a NB. Tomorrow I think he's thinking St. Louis! :eek:

I'm trying to convince him to hit up all lower 48 states. lol
$HITE !!! that means my block will not be installed till next spring.... Pls, do not encourage him to hit up all lower 48 states.... that will just delay our work even more... Just TXT him to get his and the dominatrix's butt in the car... and over here to NorCal... where he is urgently needed on some serious TDI matters :mad:

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
$HITE !!! that means my block will not be installed till next spring.... Pls, do not encourage him to hit up all lower 48 states.... that will just delay our work even more... Just TXT him to get his and the dominatrix's butt in the car... and over here to NorCal... where he is urgently needed on some serious TDI matters :mad:
I guess you can never tame a wild beast. He' a man of free spirit and nothing but open road ahead. But i agree with the masses here, (Matt) you needs to U-turn your AHU a$$ back to the Bay Area and help us get out rides back out there. The CHP around here haven't had much to do since Red Rocket and Flash have been on jack stands in my garage.

Your car has a steering wheel right??? Well turn that beyotch a couple turns to the left and make your way to The Bay. My wife is threatening divorce if I don't get the cars fixed...well there's that and that and the the whole goat/vasoline/9 iron incident...trust me when I tell you an 8 iron would have been a much better choice. Long story short..."breaker breaker, we need you back in the Bay Area good buddy. Over and out."

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
ROFLMAO!!!

Wow. With friends starting rumors like this who needs enemies!

In St. Louis now... slowly meandering my way West.

You guys are killin' me! :D

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
*Whipped*

Just TXT him to get his and the dominatrix's butt in the car... and over here to NorCal... where he is urgently needed on some serious TDI matters :mad:
Looks like he got the message already. I heard she's sitting in the passenger seat with the love taser prodding him along, but he's liking it so much, he's encouraging her to do it more by going slow and taking detours! :eek: I've seen the pics of his journeys as evidence!! My god he's a sadomasochist (or just a free spirited nomad)! He makes us live in torcher by not being here to tend to our vehicles (and in some cases our lives, for those of us in threat of divorce b/c of broken TDI's) just because of his own desire to take it slow and see the nation! Gah! :D

You heard the pleas, Matt... we need you here (and I need you to check out the cause of metal in my oil!!!! :() We're all completely selfish here (not to mention insanely jealous of your completely flexible and free spirited lifestyle) and would love the pleasure of your company (dominatrix excluded. :rolleyes:

But...gotta get your fix of Rt 66! woot!