Underdrive Pulleys?

globug

Has anyone considered underdrive pulleys to hopefully gain a few hp? I have a set on my '95 Dakota (granted it has a clutch fan that drives off the pulley and the NB I have has electric) and I picked up about 10hp. Even if it were only to net 4HP, every little bit helps. I'd appreciate comments on this possible mod which I would think might work to some extent.
Thanks!
Bob K.

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I have a smaller crank v-belt pulley on the A3 motor I have. It drives the water pump and PS pump slower and I have no cooling/PS issues. Been on there a year. I can't say I feel a difference but my pumps will live longer...I looked at making a smaller crank pulley for the A4 motors but the threads I started garnered no response.

Jim
dieselgeek.com

Originally posted by globug:
Has anyone considered underdrive pulleys to hopefully gain a few hp? I have a set on my '95 Dakota (granted it has a clutch fan that drives off the pulley and the NB I have has electric) and I picked up about 10hp. Even if it were only to net 4HP, every little bit helps. I'd appreciate comments on this possible mod which I would think might work to some extent.
Thanks!
Bob K.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">