mTDI boost controller

Jsstr8

TDI
AHU/mTDI Westy Vanagon
I’m building an mTDI to put into my ‘82 Westy Vanagon. I’m in the final stages after years of blood, sweat, and tears (and lots of money). However I am new to turbos and want to make sure that I plumb mine in the appropriate manner. I have read, but cannot find a definitive answer anywhere.

My GT2052 is currently plumbed from the housing side to the wastegate. I have read that many people put a manual boost gauge in between this connection. I have also read that it is better the plumb the wastegate off the intake manifold (especially if you are using an intercooler which I am). My IP also has a pressure nipple on it. I’m assuming to increase fuel in line with increased air.

Taking all this into account, I think I need to run a line off the intake manifold to a manual boost controller. From the boost controller, I need to tee the fitting running one hose to the wastegate and the other to the IP. Is this correct?

I may also want to run a boost gauge. Can I hook this up to the turbine side of the turbo that I am no longer using or do I need to plug that connection and tee of the boost controller 3 times?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but this seemed like the most appropriate area. Please move if I was incorrect.

CasaEd

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Passat TDi B4, VW Passat TDi B4 GL, VW Passat B3 PD AWX Conversion
If i was doing this I would connect the boost controller between the turbo housing and wastegate and the boost gauge between the inlet manifold and top of the injector pump using a T piece, it keeps it simple