Found some trouble codes

whiteywhip

TDI
1968 572 HEMI ROADRUNNER 2013 PASSAT TDI SEL PREMIUM
the other day when it was 5 below my Passat started then shut down and i tried restarting five times but didn't start....i posted this in other posts but figured i would ask some questions....waited an hour and it restarted but engine light came on and glow plug light was flashing with loud whining noise coming from back of car......dealer closed so i am waiting till monday to decide what to do.....today i went out and started and everything sounds fine and took it for a ride with no problems.......i installed a scan gauge 2 sometime ago and said to myself.....why not check the codes .....so here is what i came up with.....2 codes.....B2AAA & B2A00.....i kind of didn't know how to get second code so i hit the clear button and trouble engine light went out and stayed out.....i looked thru this great website for trouble codes but had no luck......if anybody knows what these codes are it would be great to see whats going on

i am a little worried what the VW dealer is going to say since i cleared codes but after i did it i went to scan codes again and they came back up......engine trouble light is still out too

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I have no idea what either of those two codes are.

This is an interesting discussion on the Saturn forums about the same two codes showing up in other vehicles, but nobody can figure out what they mean, if anything.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139683

What you'll probably want to do is scan the car with VCDS to get the exact codes. A lot of manufacturer specific codes don't show up right on generic readers like the ScanGauge and other hand held scanners.

whiteywhip

TDI
well i called the dealer and they recommend i have it flat bedded there..i havent heard anything as of yet.....will keep you posted...ask them about fuel additive so it doesn't gell she said VW doesn't recommend it....THATS WHAT THEY SAID

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
On some generic scanners I've seen "B" codes generally indicate they are coming from the body computer. Some generic scanners don't pull these codes, and only pull "P" codes (P = Powertrain.).

I've never had the privilege of playing with a Scanguage, so I don't really know what's going on with that.

whiteywhip

TDI
well i am kind of sorry i pulled those codes and got screwed up and cleared my codes......dealer checked it out and found no codes.....said fuel was gelled up.....this morning was the test and it started with no problems they said.....picked it up and added additive

ranger1

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
Some checking shows the same codes dating back to 2011 on a few GM vehicles, including the diesel Duramax. On that vehicle, it's a generic code, which is really a P0420. It was a catalyst efficiency issue on a couple of Duramax diesel pickup trucks, in their case, required either a new O2 sendor or a new catalyst. P0420 reads as "Catalyst system efficiency below threshold" on both GM and VW on my generic code reader list.

If it's the same issue on your TDI, it might be due to the unusally cold weather causing it because of low exhaust temps. If so, it might not happen again, but if it does, it's worth leaving the code intact and having it checked out.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63...011-lml/439105-b2aaa-code-actually-p0420.html

whiteywhip

TDI
Thats for sure ....i screwed up and that will never happen again