Stressful 5 days ended well.

hudsonian

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Highline TDI
So my dealer stepped up and did well. Last Friday I took my 2013 high-line into the dealership for a 6 month oil change from new (it was a free change), during the change it slipped on the lift and crushed the sill. It had less than 6000km on it and was just a little under 6 months old. After a bit of discussion the General Manager at the dealership gave me a brand new 2013 in exchange at ZERO cost... Good for them. Only down side, I loved the platinum grey and I am not so keen on the Optra red I now own. Picked it up today with just 25km on the clock... Back to the new car smell with a new warranty etc.... The dealer did cause the problem but they did their best to resolve the situation.

Only downside, VW Canada still haven't called me back to discuss the incident, good job the dealer had their back.

Last edited:

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
I LOVE the red.....Too many grey cars on the road....You did good.....

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Wow. The drop off the lift must have done some real damage.
You may want to reconsider your 1st oil change...should be at 10k miles, not 4k miles....just a thought.
I initially didn't like the red, but it has grown on me. Maybe it will do the same for you.

hudsonian

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Highline TDI
Wow. The drop off the lift must have done some real damage.
You may want to reconsider your 1st oil change...should be at 10k miles, not 4k miles....just a thought.
I initially didn't like the red, but it has grown on me. Maybe it will do the same for you.
Yes I agree, I was in two minds but the dealer said as it was a new engine and it had been a hard winter so far so they would do a free 6 month change then move to the 10k miles, what did I have to loose :confused:

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
White and may be black, but Red I would send them back to think about.
Red is best color for cops.

hudsonian

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Highline TDI
They offered me a black one but I turned it down, too hard to keep clean in Canada, also shows every mark, my wife has a black car and we agreed, never again..... However lets not start another colour debate, I just wanted to communicate how a dealer stepped up.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
Was the dealer in the south. Of the city ? I used to live behind them on the corner. Lived out of the pub at the next corner. I knew. Ron in service and wade out back

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
Actually some insurance companies will give you a deal on your premiums with a red or yellow car. Easier to see. Ever wonder why fire trucks are red or yellow. And how about those big yellow school buses. Sounds like a good dealership to do that. A lot would just try and repair the damage.

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
If you don't drive like an idiot, that does not matter!

- Tim
So you are telling me you always do speed limit?

Oh my ..... you are crack me up. You are guys bunch...... I would not want if to say.

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
Actually some insurance companies will give you a deal on your premiums with a red or yellow car. Easier to see. Ever wonder why fire trucks are red or yellow. And how about those big yellow school buses. Sounds like a good dealership to do that. A lot would just try and repair the damage.
Really? Holy Mackinaw!!!!!

This site are full of such people I have never met in my life. Where are you guys live, is this planet or somewhere else?
Don't answer, I know, N.America is only place in the map.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
So you are telling me you always do speed limit?

Oh my ..... you are crack me up. You are guys bunch...... I would not want if to say.
I pace traffic - absolutely never the fastest on the road. Folks who gripe about cops make themselves targets, plain and simple.

- Tim

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
I pace traffic - absolutely never the fastest on the road. Folks who gripe about cops make themselves targets, plain and simple.

- Tim

Well, if you pace locals in small town USA, it will be the local radar tax enforcer that will make his presence known to you. Driving without a GPS capable detector is just
ignoring the realities of life in the USA (not Russia).

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
Old wive's tale. Most ticketed cars are white these days. Mainly because there are SOOO many of them.
where is data?

I had experienced with different situation, traffic going about 70-75 miles on Rt28 south I had loaner from Volvo, red bright convert and I was only one stopped.

I generally don;t like bright colors, and red is one most, even if it's Ferrari. I think it looks different and bad on car. I like calm colors, white, gray metallic (dark or light), black. Of course the black color is pain to keep car look presentable, meaning all clean and no swirl marks.

Nebelwerfer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
where is data?
Where is your data saying that it's true?

You put enough speculation and conjecture on every topic that is on this site, from additives, injector noises to turbos, how much BMW and MB are better than anything on the road.....now this?

Show us your data that red cars are pulled over more often with references.

Now, if it's your own personal opinion, state it next time.

Time to put up or shut up.

Regards

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
OP - glad the dealer stepped up for you - love hearing the good stories. Also about the Optra red - it was a similar colour that the Passat has had in the past and I always wondered when it would be offered again; though it may not be for everyone, it is a unique and classy colour. If I had a choice between the Optra red or black, I would have taken the Optra red.

PassatSE4me

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE 6MT
Translation?

Just out of curiosity, is your primary language something other than English? I hope the answer is yes. That would go a long way in describing your grammar anyway.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Glad to hear that a dealer stepped up and helped you out.

As far as driving the speed limit goes, it's extremely rare for me to ever be above the posted speeds. I usually always drive the limit, or just under. In the past, I kept my speeds down to maximize my gas mileage on my older gasser Passat. Now, that I have a car that gets such good mileage, I don't want to impact it by driving over. I've always got 2-3 extra minutes to get to where I am going. And I never have to worry about speed traps or even look down at my speedo when I see a cop.