It is official

Chuck_Norris

After many years of working for a FORD dealership I have elected to part ways and Start my career with VW. I am excited & intriged and looking forward to the challenge. Here's to my new career

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
probably a low figure..

buckweat diesel said:
it took me 13 years to get it:confused: and about alot of $/tools over 10k:eek:
ask before you break;)
Over $10,000 in tools...:eek: You have surely spent many times that amount.

Better do an inventory on your tools and check the replacement costs.

I'll bet a well equipped mechanic (not the shop) will have a LOT more

money in his tool box and tools than a mere $10,000.

Some things are reasonable... Two post car lift <$2,000. (for shop, not

mechanics' expense). Other things seem high... Snap-on torque wrench

>$500. Don't forget the tool box itself was a bundle of $ to buy...!!;)

Anyone that does do an inventory, Please post and let us know how

much you REALLY spent on your tools/tool box.:cool:

Do most of you pros use Snap-on? Matco? What do you like?

Bill

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Chuck N,

Let us know how a VW shop is different from a ford shop once you

get settled in. We understand all shops are different even in the same

brand, but your observations would interest us.

Bill

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
Good Luck and keep posting. As you can see I'm a proud owner of both a FORD and a VW. Although Toyota maybe the best car company, according to a recent statement made by the CEO of FORD, I still say Germans build the best cars on the planet and FORD is tought to beat when it comes to trucks.

Chuck_Norris

NFSTDI said:
Good Luck and keep posting. As you can see I'm a proud owner of both a FORD and a VW. Although Toyota maybe the best car company, according to a recent statement made by the CEO of FORD, I still say Germans build the best cars on the planet and FORD is tought to beat when it comes to trucks.
I will be on the Managment side of the side in Service not acutally twisting the wrench any longer, I have to agree on the toyota deal. however the New Tundra does look promising. in the wake of the F-Series quality issues I believe FORD and others american auto makers will loose some loyalist. on the side of the 3/4 ton trucks the 6.0 lite powerjoke has been dsimal. fingers are crossed that the 6.4 with reign as good a champion as the reliable 7.3 once was.

Gaggu P

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat B5.5 BHW
I work for toyota in Canada (Scarborough, Ontario) right now and I've asked them about diesel options in their vehicles and even diesel/electric hybrids. The response I got is that Toyota isn't planning on bringing out diesels for another 6 years (researching but not planning anything yet) here in N.A. Also that the Tundra wont come with diesel. Basically told em that they were stupid for that decision :) If you want a read on what I posted up/asked Toyota MGMT and their replies let me know.

kcfoxie

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 6-spd JSW
My buddy worked for a Ford dealer, he's now opening his own shop. Last time he checked he spent $15,000 in a year on tools....

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Now that you are a manager....that will give you more time to spend on your Total Gym....maybe people can try it out for an ENNnnnnntire month..LOL.

Good luck with your new job.