www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) > Non TDI Upgrades

Non TDI Upgrades A collection of non TDI engine upgrades, but upgrades for TDI vehicles

Old July 11th, 2002, 21:59   #1
tongsli
Veteran Member

Default Lift pads for Audi TT fit the JETTAS, GOLFS, New Beetles and Passat B4\'s!!

I was looking around in ETKA. Found this with the Audi TT.

Does anyone think this would fit our cars??

Lito

[ July 27, 2002, 16:04: Message edited by: tongsli ]
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2002, 07:22   #2
63Ragtop
Veteran Member

Default Re: Lift pads for Audi TT fit the JETTAS, GOLFS, New Beetles and Passat B4\'s!!

That looks identical to the ones I bought from SchnellTDI. You need both the #30 rubber part (bracket) and the #31 plastic insert (carrier). There were no part numbers on the ones I bought.
63Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2002, 20:20   #3
tongsli
Veteran Member

Default Re: Lift pads for Audi TT fit the JETTAS, GOLFS, New Beetles and Passat B4\'s!!

Thanks 63Ragtop. I will post some pics once I get them. I ordered them today. They're NOT expensive.

But let me first get them, post some pics and maybe you can tell me if they are identical to yours??

I'm hoping that since the Audi TT is based upon the Golf platform, that the hole in our Jettas and Golfs are identical. If they are, these should work. Let's hope so.

Thanks,

Lito

[ July 12, 2002, 20:23: Message edited by: tongsli ]
Old July 16th, 2002, 11:23   #4
GiftzwergTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/42/33

I assume these lift the suspension? Above or below the coil spring? I would be VERY interested in a set. How much lift do they provide?

Thanks
GiftzwergTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2002, 15:41   #5
mycruiseagent

Fuel Economy: 56.4/45.1/36.0

Quote:
Originally posted by GiftzwergTDI:
I assume these lift the suspension? Above or below the coil spring? I would be VERY interested in a set. How much lift do they provide?

Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, the idea is to provide a cushioned point to place a jack as to not damage the frame or bodywork while doing maintenance.

MCA
mycruiseagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2002, 16:25   #6
e-VOLVed
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40 and falling

Lito,
How inexpensive are these?
Others might be interrested if they can order it from their local for cheap.
e-VOLVed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2002, 09:46   #7
GiftzwergTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/42/33

Oops? [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks for the correction.
GiftzwergTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2002, 15:08   #8
tongsli
Veteran Member

E-volved,

From Impex, they're just $20.00 for all four. I am getting mine in a day so I will FIRST verify that they fit our cars too.

Check back for pics here.

Lito
Old July 18th, 2002, 13:44   #9
tongsli
Veteran Member

Ok Guys,

Here it is. Do these look like the same thing as what was offered as a group buy?

Lito
Old July 18th, 2002, 20:07   #10
MOGolf
Veteran Member

Yes.

You just don't have the nice informative card telling the mechanic that they're there and can be used for lifting purposes.
MOGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2002, 20:18   #11
tongsli
Veteran Member

Hey Glen.

Of course it'd be you responding first to my post [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I can always count on you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Well, can someone explain how to remove the OEM plastic covers underneath where these go?

I've listed the part numbers, and they'll only cost you $20 plus shipping from Impex.

thanks,

Lito
Old July 19th, 2002, 06:03   #12
GeWilli
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: you keep track?

To remove the plastic covers - peel em off [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] or pok a hole through them and peel em off.

The best way to get em in is to use a floor jack and a 27mm 1/2" socket stuck in a 2 ton hydraulic floor jack.

Pop right in.

although they don't work so smooth with the 2 ton jack the recess on the jack isn't good - need to fill the hole in the jack (i used a nice peice of 2x2 with corners trimmed grain verticle).

I use them quite a bit - seem to be good - although I noticed on my set the VW stuff was ground off (IE the logo)!
GeWilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2002, 07:09   #13
dieseldorf
top post dawg

Lito, nice pix as always!

Do I need to order 4 of Part #30 and 4 of Part #31 as shown in ETKA?

thx
dieseldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2002, 07:55   #14
63Ragtop
Veteran Member

Just peel out the plugs with your bare hands and fingernails. The rubber part must be completely seated before you put in the plastic one. You will be able to easily twist the rubber part in the hole if its seated all the way.

Yeah, yours look a lot nicer without the part numbers ground off. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
63Ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2002, 08:03   #15
golfstream
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55, 49, 45

Yep... dems da ones! Nice work, as usual, Lito. What would we do without you, your digital camera, and your ETKA? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

-Mel
golfstream is offline   Reply With Quote