Official Clutch Talk Thread

Snide

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
So I have to ask. If a Spec 1 clutch kit using stock DMF can hold same approx torque as VR6 clutch kit and G60 flywheel, why would you want to get away from the DMF?

For sake of discussion, if both setups can hold the same torque, what is advantage on one over the other?

I see Spec 1 with DMF as cheaper, and from other posts less vibration then the G60 flywheel, why would I not want to keep DMF?

Thanks.
Exactly the same question I asked myself - and answered!
For me it's feel.

I've been driving VW's all my life and I am not at all a big fan of the DMF, I guess I'm a little old school sometimes.

I would also not waste my money on a G60 flywheel when a 2.0L flywheel would do just as well.

Cheers

Hoodie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
I understand where you're comin from DC.
The 98 TDI i used to drive was a totally different feel.
I like the way the clutch engaged.
Now when i drive the sm flywheel i ride the hell outta the clutch because it engages totally differently.
I liked it but i dunno....i think im gonna go with the Spec just because i want to keep things as quiet as possible.

To each his own.

Bmarc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
You find any places in Canada to buy a Spec clutch Hoodie, well for a decent price anyway or is the best bet to just buy directly from Spec? I've been looking around but not much much is coming up.

Hoodie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Vortex has a sale on them right now but i haven't had a chance to look locally yet. I really should get some more research done.

I'll post up or PM ya if i find some good info.