www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old August 29th, 2018, 11:58   #1
Xarvizux

Default 2011 Golf Wagon R Project

Hi there,
Second post here on the forums, Just wanted to share with you guys my project. It's a 2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6 Spd, I did the Front end Conversion myself on my backyard. Not the most profesional way of doing things but it worked and I'm super happy with the results. I just found a deal on rims from an Audi that will make that Golf R look stand out.

I bought the Complete Bumper with all parts needed from eBay. Installed myself and then did some minor mods to make it fit correct on the fenders.
Other Mods I have done is paint the mirrors Piano Black and Really matches the Bumper Fog lights. Should I paint the Rims Matte Black, Gloss Black or Gun Metal? They need a touch up anyway found them for a super good deal.

Any Recommendations?.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Xarvizux; August 29th, 2018 at 12:01.
Xarvizux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2018, 06:55   #2
SkiBumJH

X - Wow that looks great. Looking to do this soon on my '12 JSW.

A few questions: Are the parts OEM VW or aftermarket? Which brand?

What approach did you take on matching the flat wheel well discrepancy? Working the fender or plastic bumper piece?

Can one guy do this or do I need extra hands to properly attach/detach?

Thanks...
SkiBumJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 17:14   #3
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Have you used the TireRack wheel fit pics on their site to see which color wheels look best on your color car. To me, the gunmetal is nice and doesn't scream so much. In your area, you certainly do not need to worry much about them getting dirty.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. Marilyn Monroe
2015 Tornado Red Golf TDI Sportwagen SE, new on 2 SEP 2017, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote