www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old May 15th, 2017, 15:03   #1246
itsmejerry
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
When you defend VW for being so stupid as to actually program in an emissions cheat, get caught, and admit it, only to have to replay the whole scenario a few months later with a different engine, or two, or three....
Guilty as charged.

You know you're obsessed when after you defend VW, and go through a buy-back, you search for and buy the last 3 New 2015 TDI's in your state in 2017 and dont think twice about doing it.
(yep, I did that last week). Passat, Beetle Convetible and Golf Sportwagen.

Personal note: I can't believe this thread is getting semi-regular updates after so long. I've not checked it in a few years. When I wrote it late one night in 2003, I thought I'd put together some of the more common ALH TDI-ism's that I kept reading over and over. Glad to see the TDI community has kept growing over the years.

I'm sure VW will weather the diesel storm, and will have learned from it. We may have a few years without diesels, but that happened in the mid-90's, and again briefly in 2005-2006 for a short while.

Hang tough TDI folks. It'll get better.
itsmejerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 16:27   #1247
n1das
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Who cares? It's a DIESEL! Great fuel economy comes as a bonus!
Exclamation

You know you're obsessed when....you keep track of how many years you've been owning and driving diesel cars and kept track of how many miles logged in them.

TODAY marks the 15th anniversary of me getting my first DIESEL car. I got my 2002 VW Golf GLS TDI 15 years ago today! Drove it off the dealer's lot with 14 miles on the odometer. Sold it at only 361k miles in 2010 to a coworker whose son needed a car for college. The car is still on the road today in the hands of the second owner with over 400k miles on the odometer.

I've logged over 800k miles in diesel cars since first getting the 02 Golf TDI on 5/15/2002. I've owned a few more diesel cars along the way. There is absolutely no way I'm ever going back to gasoline again if I can help it. Absolutely no more gassers! VW's dieselgate scandal has strengthened my resolve to continue to own and drive only diesel vehicles. What's changed since the scandal is future diesel cars I own won't be from VW. I had already moved away from VW TDIs to BMW Advanced Diesel before the Dieselgate scandal erupted. If I someday add another diesel vehicle to my all diesel fleet, it likely will be a diesel pickup truck. The diesel pickup truck market does not appear to be threatened at all and is expanding.
Member SSBMWO

Why DIESEL is better:
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/efficiency.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/performance.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions2014.html
http://webpages.charter.net/lmarz/emissions2016.html

Last edited by n1das; May 15th, 2017 at 16:37.
n1das is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2017, 17:28   #1248
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

David, I'm about a week ahead of you. I just checked and I picked up IBW on May 9, 2002. Since then I've bought 12 TDIs for me and my kids, we've wrecked two of them, (one repaired) and I've driven about half a million miles in VW TDIs, most of it in IBW. And I bought IDParts and changed careers 11 years ago. So I guess I'm obsessed.
Old August 28th, 2017, 08:51   #1249
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

You dig back through old threads looking for something specific and feel the need to bring this one to the front instead.
Old September 6th, 2017, 20:30   #1250
ssffnomad

You freaking guys make me feel like a TDI amateur, which I am . 🤓
ssffnomad is offline   Reply With Quote