www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 13:05   #46
plljas

Default Gt tdi

Hi fella

Sounds like you know what your on about thanks for the info , I'll try and find the pipes tommorrow, I know a little around a car but soon get lost , thanks again :-)
plljas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 17:01   #47
96v-dubTDI

I am new to TDIclub and it is awesome, i have found every possible peice of info from members of this site. Two weeks ago i didnt know anything about mods for my car and now i just ordered a set of sprint 520 injectors, im pumped......"Really TDI people, seek and thou shall find!".......just ask, they dont bite
96v-dubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:43   #48
Grand-Papa

Fuel Economy: probably 5.5L/100km combined

Is there a performance chip out for the 2009 tdi jetta ? If so what make, what price, where can it be installed ? Thank you for the info.
Grand-Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 07:51   #49
SNATCHBANDIT

TDI(s): One
Default Help

I recently bought a 2001 Jetta TDI. I have up graded the intake with an AEM intake. Now I have an check engine light? Help please?
SNATCHBANDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 16:10   #50
DBDieseler
Veteran Member

Hey, it might be better to post your question in the TDI Conversions section so more people will see it! Also, the TDI 101 section is a good sounding board for general questions. Welcome to the club!
Old June 17th, 2009, 21:55   #51
coimbradiesel

TDI(s): 2003 golf

I'm planning to put a diesel in an mk2 gti, what would be the best route .. the 1.6td or 1.9td... and what would be a good way to get more power out either of the two motors? thanks.
coimbradiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 20:51   #52
VW97JettaTDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): VW97JettaTDI

does any one know what the best intake mainifold for max flow is that you can actually find in the us? is it a pd130/150 , old 89 tdi, old rabbit mani, or passat.....list goes on?

hopefully able to fit my A3 AHU and has no egr! and preferably goes to the right!
VW97JettaTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2009, 08:30   #53
axelg

TDI(s): A4

I have a jetta tdi 99.5 alh. the turbo dont boost pressure i have a vaccom and read two codes 16764 glow plug heater Q6 CIRCUIT MAL FUNCTION PO 380 INTERMITENT AND 17958 CHARGE PRESSURE CONTROL DEVIATION P 1550 N 108 COLD START ENGINE. CAN YOU HELP ME?

axelg

Last edited by axelg; November 7th, 2009 at 08:35.
axelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:37   #54
brightsideteeem

Fuel Economy: 50-ish MPG

would PD TDI injectors work in my non PD engine? I'm thinking about getting a hybrid turbo conversion done, and somebody told me I could just save a bit of money and install a PD160 turbo and injectors to my engine and expect to reach around 190bhp with a decent map? A FMIC would probably be necessary then.

My car is a Seat Leon SE TDI, (110hp) ((i think its the same engine as in the Golfs, my engine code is ASV, so I think its equivelent is ALH?)) and Ive currently had it mapped to around 145bhp, but I want more hp! I would love to get 200bhp from my engine but I'm completly lost with what to do next. Thanks
brightsideteeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2010, 21:30   #55
iceguy

Just wondering I heard from somebody that you should let the turbo charger cool off by letting the car idle for 5 min or so after a long trip??? I have a '09 TDI Jetta. Any truth to this
Old February 6th, 2010, 16:48   #56
peaceloveTDI

TDI(s): 2000 bug
Default chip or programmer

i just bought a 2000 bug TDI 5 speed and it is really sluggush and i put a intake on it and next i want a chip or programmer but i dont know what kind is the best and for the right price any ideas?
peaceloveTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:23   #57
borachris
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceguy
Just wondering I heard from somebody that you should let the turbo charger cool off by letting the car idle for 5 min or so after a long trip??? I have a '09 TDI Jetta. Any truth to this
Its a good idea, Yes.

It will help prolong the life of the turbo, I only do it after i've been abusing the car a bit, most of the time I just let it idle for 20 seconds or so before I turn it off.
borachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:42   #58
Diesel_Benz
Banned

TDI(s): Mercedes
Fuel Economy: 28mpg

Here is a FAQ that is missing the "A" part.
Why is discussing removal of the DPF taboo for being illegal, yet its perfectly okay to discuss removing the EGR and cat (both of which are just as illegal)?
Diesel_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 13:20   #59
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Among the moderators there is no distinction between removal of the DPF, catalytic converter or EGR. All are illegal and will be dealt with accordingly.

However, the reality is that there are about a dozen moderators for:
Threads: 268,326, Posts: 2,887,056, Members: 77,402, Active Members: 20,825 (as of the time of this posting)

There is no damn way to catch every thread and every post about defeating emission controls and other illegal activity. We can only act on those threads and posts that are reported-in from other members and also the blatantly obvious threads that moderators catch from a cursory scan of the forums such as those entitled, "How do I delete my EGR/DPF/cat" and also posts from people with a history of trolling and argumentative behaviour on the subject.

If you have a different experience, help us do some something about it by reporting offending threads instead of b!tching about it.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 18:08   #60
robinorobino

Fuel Economy: 45

ok folks.
say you had this 2000 TDI Beetle
say you had a wife with a heavy foot
say you wanted to increase the sluggish performance, but didn't want to hurt reliability, longevity and if you could help it, keep the mileage around the same...

what would you do to it?
(and please explain as you would be speaking to a 6 yr old, as i'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to diesels).

you could start by telling me what to do PRIOR to adding power enhancers...like cleaning this or that, i've read about cleaning an intake and egr, feel free to also point me to links on how to's.

thanks in advance
robinorobino is offline   Reply With Quote