www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old March 1st, 2003, 23:08   #1
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km
Default Frequently asked Questions

Before asking a question, please check out the TDIFAQ (TDI Frequently Asked Questions). Often you'll find your answers quicker than waiting for someone else to reply to your Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ).

Of course if you can't find them in there, feel free to post.
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 11:39   #2
jm897

Default Easy mods for a 96 tdi

Hi i have a 96 passat tdi and im hoping someone can give me some info on performance mods for it. i already have a wett chip, but am not sure where to go from there. was thinking about 520 injectors but im wondering how much smoke that is going to make. also was wondering what a boost controller might do for me? if anyone has any advice on any other mods i would really appreciate it.
jm897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2004, 19:13   #3
DieselTrap
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 99 PSD

Well what mods can we get away with on a car with a warrenty?? Air filter??
DieselTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 07:00   #4
Olli_from_Ger

An Air-Filter canīt give you more Power. If you use the normal Filter, you can change it but it wont bring you more Power. DONīT USE an "open Air-Filter" like K&N performance kit or something. These things are Bullsh***. the only thing you can get from "open Air-Folters" is a better sound. But not really more Power. I changed my normal Filter (in the filter-case) with the K&N Filter and that it is.

Olli
Olli_from_Ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2004, 01:17   #5
jmcrrr

[ QUOTE ]
Hi i have a 96 passat tdi and im hoping someone can give me some info on performance mods for it. i already have a wett chip, but am not sure where to go from there. was thinking about 520 injectors but im wondering how much smoke that is going to make. also was wondering what a boost controller might do for me? if anyone has any advice on any other mods i would really appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like some information on this subject, too? How about helping some newbies with their B4's? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
jmcrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2004, 00:28   #6
TribalMinds
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 38-50

You will be told to read, read, read. . . I have no major mods but I bet you would enjoy an injector upgrade and if that doesn't do the trick for you, add a suitable chip to compliment the injectors. . . From there you enter the danger zone as far as I see it. . . Use the best diesel you can find with the highest cetane rating and make sure with whatever fuel you use that there is adequate lubrication properties otherwise get a high quality additive. . . . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
TribalMinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2004, 13:18   #7
2RENU

Fuel Economy: 48/39

SO sorry to do this guys but i can not find any info on physically removing my ECU.

I dont have the Bently manual and need to find out if my 1996 Passat is a GQ or a MK obviously i am hoping she is a GQ

under the hood ? passenger side ? any info would be great... point me to a thread with pictures and that would rock. Thanks.
2RENU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2004, 13:23   #8
dieseldorf
top post dawg

It sits at the base of the windshield (near the center) adjacent to the pollen filter. It's a little tricky to remove if you have never done it before. you've got to remove the pollen filter and the entire frame that filter sits on.
dieseldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2004, 15:38   #9
2RENU

Fuel Economy: 48/39

Hey thanks for the info... I needed to replace my Cabin airfilter anyway! do you know of a thread that has pictures of this process ?
2RENU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2004, 08:05   #10
bjmarler
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/45/41

Yep, got it right here...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=968305
bjmarler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:04   #11
cglasel

Default Re: Frequently asked Questions

Quote:
Before asking a question, please check out the TDIFAQ (TDI Frequently Asked Questions). Often you'll find your answers quicker than waiting for someone else to reply to your Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ).

Of course if you can't find them in there, feel free to post.

I'm new to TDIs and to TDIClub. I've got an 05 Passat Vaviant TDI. I'm wondering if the TDIFAQ will be updated. As far as I can tell the 2.0 PD isn't referenced in the FAQ, am I right? What is the engine type in my car, ie A4, B5 ????

I am enjoying the car, but think some minor power enhancments are in it's future ......

By the way: Great site! I'm not being critical in asking about an update, just wondering.
cglasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 17:16   #12
GetMore
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.1/42.7/38.1

cglasel, your car is a B5.5 and in time I am sure the FAQs will be updated or re-written by someone here. However there is a lot of info that still relates to your car. Injection pump info is irrelevant, but the A4 turbo info should still be correct. Injector and chip info will give you something to start from even though it does not apply directly.
GetMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 23:18   #13
tdi_sport
Veteran Member

i too am new to the tdiclub. and i am definatly wanting to enhance the performance of my jetta pd tdi. what options do i have?
tdi_sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 15:59   #14
tdi_davy

Fuel Economy: 6/7.5/9

chip/ 140hp-> +190hp is possible.

look here for the testresult: http://www.obdtuning.org/forum_viewtopic.php?2.94.40

grttz
tdi_davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2005, 15:31   #15
Puebla
Veteran Member

Really TDI people, seek and thou shall find!

I have found every possible Q. on this site. If you have dialup and don't want to spend all day looking and searching. Search at wee odd hours and you'll be amazed at the difference. Without endorsing any other website, search for your questions/concerns here first, then check on the web.

There are various TDI members that have info on the web. However, the most complete and uncluttered information source is tdiclub, by far.
Puebla is offline   Reply With Quote