www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 7th, 2017, 19:01   #1
PHOEN1X

Default stage 5 malone custom tune need help

HI everybody!

First sorry for my bad english i'll try do my best

I have some questions about a tune that I've just done on my volkswagon golf tdi 2006 BEW.

Before I put the stage5 custom I changed:

-vnt15 smart actuator for custom one without EGR pipe and smart actuator.

-dualmass flywheel for Corrado single mass flywheel who can handle about 300lbs of torque.

-2.5 map sensor for a 3.0 map sensor.

-make it strate pipe without muffler.

And everything else is stock part. When I went to tune it at VAG motosports I said the modification i've made and they tuned it. Since that time I'm running on a stock pipe from the turbo up to the intake manifold and they begin to leak and put me into limp mode some times.

So my questions is that I was wondering on puting a bigger intercooler like a front mount but it will make a big diference on a TDI engine? and I was wondering too if I had to put a blow off valve or something like an antilag boost systeme on it? my peak boost is aroud 35psi and maybe over.

If you think I missed something on my mecanic modification and my engine or other part is going to die if I don't do it please tell me what it is in the comment and also thank you in advence guy!
PHOEN1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 19:57   #2
Owain@malonetuning

You could always contact us directly. What turbo and nozzles are you running? a VR clutch is not suitable for a heavily modified BEW.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2017, 20:58   #3
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

^^^ Just ask Owain, he can get you where you want to go.
2001 Jetta GL TDI, 35/15% Tint, Ventectomy, Catectomy, EGR-ectomy, Stage 4 TDTuning, PP764's, Stealth 17/56 Garrett, VCDS Hex+CAN, South Bend Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 12:52   #4
Macradiators.com
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2.0 CR 300hp

Stage 5? is that like 400+ hp? just joking but it sounds ridiculous if its not something like DS car
Old September 9th, 2017, 14:00   #5
eddie_1
Veteran Member

fais attention! 35psi signifie la mort pour le turbo!! Malone a vous donne un tune stage 5 pour un vnt15???!!!
2008 A6 BPP 267kmh, 2003 Jetta Wagon ALH 150mph, 188BHP - 365 lbft, 170WHP Smoke free German Map, VNT 17/22, 11mm IP, 02M DRW 6speed, OMI, Lower IC pipes,FMIC, PD Lift Pump, 3bar map, ARL Sachs Upgraded/DMF, PP764s, CCV Filter, EGR delete, PD150 Intake, PD150 SRP, 2.5" DP with Magnaflow Cat & 2.5" Catback, R32 DSG Snorkel, PD150 Airbox/MAF, Custom Accordian, Ventectomy, Rear Fog, Euroswitch, 5 brake light mod, McNally EGT/Boost Gague, Scanguage II, Hidden Hitch, LED tails, Koni Reds, Depo
eddie_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 14:15   #6
Owain@malonetuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macradiators.com View Post
Stage 5? is that like 400+ hp? just joking but it sounds ridiculous if its not something like DS car
Yes it's only for big turbos/custom builds 1756 minimum, not super popular on the PDs over here unfortunately but nice to see the crazy builds now and again. Normally done direct with data logging etc since they're all unique beasts.
I
As mentioned, it sounds like you bought the wrong file. Haven't heard from you but that poor turbo is not going to last very long if you're requesting way too much boost from it. Please get this resolved sooner than later so you're not shopping for parts.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Last edited by Owain@malonetuning; September 9th, 2017 at 23:59.
Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 20:22   #7
Enabled
Veteran Member

If it hasn't blown up yet, you significantly reduced bearing life anyways.

I can't imagine stock-ish fueling hardware ever needing that much air anyways. But I've seen plenty of users slap on large turbos, get them tuned to 22-24psi, and run stock pump and nozzles (on VE TDI)... just silly.
-BMW Z3 M Coupe (1 of 36)
Enabled is offline   Reply With Quote