www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old August 23rd, 2017, 17:33   #31
Yourbuddysatin

Since you're out in PA I'd get a hold of rocketchip, Jeff is local to you. I'd hope all the major tuners can work with a 2260 ALH, it's a fairly common setup, sure Jeff won't have a problem but know he's super busy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I used Malone for my jetta and couldn't be more happy. Just with that gtb turbo set up I don't know what I have to do for tuning.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2017, 20:22   #32
respond2us
Veteran Member

I'm thinking about hitting up a Malone tuner in Oregon on my way through. Maybe they can hook me up with a stage 2.
Old September 1st, 2017, 15:54   #33
skromfols
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by respond2us View Post
I'm thinking about hitting up a Malone tuner in Oregon on my way through. Maybe they can hook me up with a stage 2.
Or buy a Flashzilla and put the tune on yourself. Saves money and you can do it in the privacy of your own garage.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 09:50   #34
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2017 to end of April 2018

I had a 2002 Jetta with the 4 speed automatic and I had .205 nozzle in it It was also tuned and the difference between stock nozzles and the tune was like day and night. 95Hp stock, 128hp tuned. Torque 155lb stock and about 190lb tuned if I remember right.

Now with my 2015 Passat I will be getting the Malone stage 2 tune after the VW fix # 2 is done in 2018. One reason for the Malone tune is that I can do it using the Flashzilla tool, but more important is there are two Malone dealers where I live and I will get the DSG tune done there, which you cannot do yourself yet. Maybe that will have changed next year, who knows.
All interior bulbs to LED. Several VCDS modifications. Darker window tint. EVO skid-plate. Malone Stage 2, Winpower Projector headlights. Angel eyes.LED DRL's.Average 1 year 30/6/16 to 30/6/17 - 50.71 Mpg - 5.56 L/h

Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 05:37   #35
Scott02
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Too Many
Fuel Economy: 51/45/41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta_Pilot View Post
Now with my 2015 Passat I will be getting the Malone stage 2 tune after the VW fix # 2 is done in 2018. One reason for the Malone tune is that I can do it using the Flashzilla tool, but more important is there are two Malone dealers where I live and I will get the DSG tune done there, which you cannot do yourself yet. Maybe that will have changed next year, who knows.
For years now, you can rent the Malone DSG flasher and do it yourself.
Scott02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 07:52   #36
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott02 View Post
For years now, you can rent the Malone DSG flasher and do it yourself.
Thanks for that info.
Would you also know how difficult it is to get at the DSG port?
It is my understanding it is not accessible from topside.
Thx
All interior bulbs to LED. Several VCDS modifications. Darker window tint. EVO skid-plate. Malone Stage 2, Winpower Projector headlights. Angel eyes.LED DRL's.Average 1 year 30/6/16 to 30/6/17 - 50.71 Mpg - 5.56 L/h

Old September 6th, 2017, 08:55   #37
Owain@malonetuning

Just have to pop the intake box up and then it's accessible. One bolt, MAF clamp, Maf plug, and then disassemble the cold air duct on the front of it. No need to separate the airbox, it's pretty straight forward and you can access it from the bay.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Last edited by Owain@malonetuning; September 6th, 2017 at 08:58.
Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 17:19   #38
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain@malonetuning View Post
Just have to pop the intake box up and then it's accessible. One bolt, MAF clamp, Maf plug, and then disassemble the cold air duct on the front of it. No need to separate the airbox, it's pretty straight forward and you can access it from the bay.
Thank you Owain, I can hardly wait for the d a m n VW Phase 2 to be done.