www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2015

TDIFest 2015 Discussion about TDIFest 2015 on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6, 2015) at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine.

Old August 15th, 2015, 11:54   #1
spacemonkeymafia
TDIClub Enthusiast

TDI(s): 2013 beetle!
Arrow photo scavenger hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwUMO View Post
I've got the extensive scavenger hunt assembled! Finished last night. Hoping you guys enjoy!! More later
I am very much looking forward to this, and very thankful to you for putting it together for us!

Without giving away too much of it (I'm a big believer in surprises for this sort of thing), can you give us a little bit of an idea what kinds of thing we may be looking for/seeing in this?

(I went ahead and moved this out of the agenda thread into its own so we can keep it all in one place.)
spacemonkeymafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 12:01   #2
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

For those of you arriving early (Thursday or Friday morning), the scavenger hunt list will get posted on Friday morning. Feel free to spend some time exploring the area and taking pictures - the more challenges you complete, the more raffle tickets you will earn!

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 14:45   #3
vwUMO
TDIClub Enthusiast

Sorry for the delayed response! Camping is best done with no cell coverage! So here are some of the guidelines and rules for the contest in no specific order.
The name of the game is to have fun and earn additional raffle tickets with your keen eye, sense of google-fu and perhaps some luck as well I'll publish the photo list at the published starting time of the fest, and then you are free to start taking pictures of items on the list.
I'll provide more details on how to submit your entries, etc. as we get closer to go time! Here are the basic rules that we'll be running by:

Photo Scavenger Hunt Rules
We've put together some very simple and easy to follow rules that will keep everyone safe and having fun!
RULES:
1. If your image is not named and numbered correctly, it wonít count.
2. If the contest organizers decide your image does not match the description, it wonít count.
3. If you appear naked (no matter how awesome you think you look), endanger yourself or others, destroy or vandalize property, or commit a crime (I canít imagine what crime would be worth trying to win a scavenger hunt, but hey, stranger things have happened!), your efforts wonít count!
4. Person, Place or Thing. Means ACTUAL item. You may NOT take a photo of a photo of a lumberjack, nor may you find the image online and pretend that you took the pic. Thatís just lame!
5. Each picture may count only for one item. Example: a photo of a African barn swallow sitting on a Corrado is either a picture of a African barn swallow OR a Corrado, NOT BOTH.
6. Number your photos. If we cannot figure out what your picture is, it won't count. See #1 if you need clarification.
7. NEVER EVER do anything dangerous, illegal, or damage property! We do not want you hurt in any way nor do we want to piss off the natives. You are NOT REQUIRED to do them ALL, as this is supposed to be for fun!
8. Team with the most points wins a bonus! Points are awarded based on difficulty which is noted next to the description of what you have to take a picture of. Points will be rewarded with raffle tickets, so collect as many as you can! Don't forget to have fun!
2013 jetta TDI 6MT 41k

Last edited by vwUMO; August 17th, 2015 at 14:50.
vwUMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2015, 11:23   #4
spacemonkeymafia
TDIClub Enthusiast

Thank you! Good ground rules. There are a few I wouldn't have thought of because it never would have occurred to me that they would be needed (such as #4).
Old August 20th, 2015, 13:01   #5
vwUMO
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkeymafia View Post
Thank you! Good ground rules. There are a few I wouldn't have thought of because it never would have occurred to me that they would be needed (such as #4).
I was in a fraternity.... Nothing is beyond my belief of possible...
2013 jetta TDI 6MT 41k
Old August 23rd, 2015, 17:23   #6
millere5815
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta
Fuel Economy: average 53, Best 59.34

So this is team based?
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 300k+ miles, Bosio DLC 1019 Injector Nozzles, 5 speed swap, .658 5th gear, SB stage 2 daily, single mass flywheel, PD150 intake, EGR delete, 1.8T pancake pipe, 11mm IP, VNT17 Turbo, TacoTaco SMIC, 3 bar map, Malone Stage 4 tune w/ Dynamic Idle, De-cat w/ high flow muffler 156HP, 298FT/LB

millere5815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2015, 11:06   #7
vwUMO
TDIClub Enthusiast

It can be individual or team based, but the amount of tickets will be split among your team if you go that route. Easy enough to do it per person! I just finished verifying the list of items to find to make sure they are find-able. They are! And when in doubt, ask a local for directions... They will surely tell ya that ya can't get theyah for heyah. R's are omitted except in words startin with it
2013 jetta TDI 6MT 41k
Old August 31st, 2015, 20:22   #8
spacemonkeymafia
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
They will surely tell ya that ya can't get theyah for heyah. R's are omitted except in words startin with it
Ah, I'm startin' to see some similarities in y'all's language up there and ours down here. G's disappear from the ends of our words...and I think y'all's dropped R's get picked up and inserted all over the place by some southerners (or, at least, West Virginians).
Old August 31st, 2015, 21:31   #9
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

Quote:
. R's are omitted except in words startin with it

That's not true. We lop the last 'r' off certain words like car, lobster, here, and harbor, then substitute an 'ah' in its place. So those words then become cah, lobstah, heah, and habah. But, bring frugal and not wanting to throw anything away that can be used 'latah' (see how I did that?)' the lost 'r' is then added to certain words that should have had one in the first place, like bananer (banana), Auguster (Augusta, the state Capitol), or idear (idea).

Of course, these are not hard and fast rules, so you should know when they apply and when they don't. When in doubt, consult the dictionary. Improper use age will lead to 'natives' finding out you're 'from away' and will usually result in less than local treatment.

And be sure to check out the Maine State Song (hey, if'n it ain't one, it aught to be). Just listen to the words rather than watch the video, it'll make more sense that way.

Last edited by Abacus; August 31st, 2015 at 21:49.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:06   #10
vwUMO
TDIClub Enthusiast

Don't share too much Abacus... We don't want them to all think they are talkin' like us
2013 jetta TDI 6MT 41k
Old September 1st, 2015, 13:05   #11
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

It'll never happen, and they still won't know the secret password.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 15:10   #12
vwUMO
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
It'll never happen, and they still won't know the secret password.
ayuh!
2013 jetta TDI 6MT 41k
Old September 4th, 2015, 09:24   #13
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature
Default photo scavenger hunt

Here is the long-awaited photo scavenger hunt list!

You have 48 hours to get pictures of as many items as you can! The scavenger hunt ends at 11am on Sunday!

We are awarding 1 raffle ticket for every 5 points worth of pictures that you take.

Pictures MUST be submitted to the self-service kiosk in the TDIFest conference room. Instructions for submitting photos will be posted at the computer and various cables to connect your phone/device will be provided.

Click here for the list --- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I recommend printing the list for easy reference.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; September 4th, 2015 at 09:26.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 10:15   #14
millere5815
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta
Fuel Economy: average 53, Best 59.34

Do you or your car need to be in the picture for it to count?
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 300k+ miles, Bosio DLC 1019 Injector Nozzles, 5 speed swap, .658 5th gear, SB stage 2 daily, single mass flywheel, PD150 intake, EGR delete, 1.8T pancake pipe, 11mm IP, VNT17 Turbo, TacoTaco SMIC, 3 bar map, Malone Stage 4 tune w/ Dynamic Idle, De-cat w/ high flow muffler 156HP, 298FT/LB

millere5815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 12:05   #15
spacemonkeymafia
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by millere5815 View Post
Do you or your car need to be in the picture for it to count?
No, you just need a picture of the item.

But please don't try to do this from your computer (ie, don't just submit a bunch of pics you find online). This is meant to be a fun way to explore the area, so enjoy!