www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2015

TDIFest 2015 Discussion about TDIFest 2015 on the Labour Day weekend (September 4-6, 2015) at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine.

Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:12   #1
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km
Default TDIFest 2015

Good news, everyone! TDIClub is pleased to announce that TDIFest 2015 will be held at the Jordan Grand Hotel, at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine, from September 4th to 6th.

TDIFest started in 2000, in Wilmington, NC, when a small group of TDIClub supporters got together to raise funds to keep TDIClub up and running. As TDIClub and TDIFest grew and we worked with a variety of venues all over the US and Canada, we learned that locales have significantly different regulations pertaining to conferences and events. TDIClub encountered insurmountable difficulties while attempting to take TDIFest to St. Louis, Missouri, in 2014. Canceling TDIFest 2014 was a last-resort decision that was not taken lightly. The time that TDIClub core event organizers would have spent planning TDIFest was instead spent developing a plan to ensure the success of TDIFest for future years, and ultimately the continuity of TDIClub.
Among other changes, entry to TDIFest will become a benefit for TDIClub’s financial contributors. For more information about changes coming to TDIClub, including more information about contribution, continue reading here.

TDIFest 2015 will be held at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine, from September 4th to 6th.

After reviewing all viable locations where TDIFest 2015 could be held, we decided to extend our relationship with Boyne resorts and return to Sunday River. Sunday River's Jordan Grand is an excellent fit for TDIFest 2015, given their familiarity with our organization and willingness to go the extra mile to meet our needs, which allows us to limit the amount of venue-specific management needed for this year. Jordan Grand is Sunday River’s newest hotel and offers numerous improvements as compared to the Grand Summit, used for TDIFest 2013 – an even more fantastic view, excellent conference facilities, and an amphitheatre-like parking area which will work well for our needs.

As described in the TDIClub updates announcement, entrance into any TDIFest will be free for any TDIClub member who is a “Contributor” level or higher. Please note that this is just entrance into the event in general and does not include meals or optional events that require additional fees. Individuals who wish to attend TDIFest will be required to first become a “Contributor” to TDIClub, either prior to the event’s start or at the door. On-site contribution will be possible, similar to how event registration has been available at the door at prior TDIFest events. While TDIClub membership will be available at the door, access to meals and any other limited-attendance events (such as the awards banquet and auction) cannot be guaranteed unless purchased by the pre-registration deadline. There are no other methods by which entry into TDIFest can be obtained. More information, including dates, hotel information, and room reservations will soon be available at http://wiki.tdifest.com.

Registration for TDIFest 2015 is currently planned to be available as of June 3, 2015. Details about how to register will be released closer to availability.

Read more about our plans for TDIFest 2015 at http://wiki.tdifest.com in the next few days.

2010 Golf Highline Wagon (Blue Graphite Pearl)
Aspherical Mirrors

- Past VWs:
2003 Indigo Blue TDI Bora Wagon;1996.5 Black 2.sl0w Golf

Last edited by VW Derf; April 2nd, 2015 at 07:14.
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:20   #2
tomo366
TDI Lifer

Nice! Sunday River is Beautiful! MAINE is beautiful!
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2001 Jeep Cherokee silver
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:21   #3
mishkaya
Veteran Member

Count me in!
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:36   #4
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Easy for us. I like it!
Old April 2nd, 2015, 07:36   #5
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

I could not be more psyched about this! Since I finally have that weekend off and am somewhat local (a few hours away), I am offering to help in whatever way I can.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:14   #6
Windjammer
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK4 & Mk5

Sounds like an awesome location. Should make for a great turn out.
06 Jetta TDI White w/Beige Pkg 2 DSG
06 Jetta TDI Black w/Beige Pkg 0 5MT
Windjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:37   #7
MonsterTDI09
TDIClub Enthusiast
Veteran Member

To anybody thinking about going to the fest. Trust me it's worth the trip the views are spectacular, if you are lucky you see will some moose.
MonsterTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:36   #8
n8ronJ
Veteran Member

Seeing a moose would be awesome... Just not right in front of me in the road! Or my car will end up being parted out at the Fest

sold2003 Jetta GLS TDI, 275k, Platinum Grey, 5 Speed, SBC Stage2 Daily, Evo Atlas Skidplate, RC3
n8ronJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:39   #9
Nash_TDI
Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: 63.25mpg max

Had a great time a few years ago. Hopefully I can squeeze in another work trip to NYC as a midpoint for the trip.
PD Cam tools, BSM tool, VE & PD TB tool rental available.
Nash_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:50   #10
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
I could not be more psyched about this! Since I finally have that weekend off and am somewhat local (a few hours away), I am offering to help in whatever way I can.
I plan to take you up on this offer. Let's talk soon about some things.

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 09:54   #11
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Yay!!

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:04   #12
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
I plan to take you up on this offer. Let's talk soon about some things.
Sounds good. I'll do what I can to help, especially since I was unable to help last time due to work.

Last edited by Abacus; April 2nd, 2015 at 12:58.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:32   #13
Campbellonh
Veteran Member

Awesome, can't wait!
2014 Honda Crosstour (I know, a gasser, pretty nice though)
Campbellonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 10:43   #14
manual_tranny
Smyth Performance- Intern

Fuel Economy: Is just one piece of the puzzle that is our bottomless appetite for oil. Cars donít have to be consumable. Instead of throwing them away, we can rebuild them, better. We have the technology.

I have a wedding to attend in France on September 6th. I guess I'll be missing this one..

I am pretty sure that one of our Utes will be attending. I'll miss you guys!
manual_tranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 11:59   #15
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

The Jordan Hotel site is well laid out. This will be another great Fest.
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote