www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old November 18th, 2014, 20:54   #1
adphil
Veteran Member
Default Winter beater extraordinaire ... A4 b7 wagon Quattro with Pd 2.0

I had this A4 wagon 2006 for a few months now. I sold the v6 3.2 , the gps and a few little parts to Help keeping the cost down .Body is rough , lot of neglect , rust , dings and dents all around. Well You get the idea. After the b6 Alh and the a3 cr 140 , i needed a new challenge , a bigger car and a Quattro for Winter . The a3 Will be for sale at the completion of the project .

Im now working full Time in a german car recycling facility , Hill auto in l epiphanie so parts are not a major concern . I Would appréciate everyone inputs , ideas or questions . I Will try to post pics when i can .thanks in advance !

Winter beater
Old November 18th, 2014, 21:02   #2
adphil
Veteran Member

I selected a BHW unit from a donor Passat. This waterflooded unit crossed the auction block couple days ago and is now at the Yard , its not possible to put it back on the Road . To my surprise , very few damage and in very good condition .Everything Will be for sale , except all the parts ( engine , computer etc i need for the swap... Hit me Up for anything You Would like to buy...

Last edited by adphil; November 21st, 2014 at 09:40.
adphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2014, 13:46   #3
Bczuk
Veteran Member

Awesome

2001 Jetta- 1852 Turbo, PP764, PD150 tip/intake, 2.5" turbo back exhaust, upgraded intercooler, Kerma piping, Malone tuned with coilovers and 18s
Bczuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 09:44   #4
adphil
Veteran Member

i have several transmission choices , i have a 6 speed manual from a 2.0t , a 3.2 and a v8 4.2 available ....which one do you guys think ? with the alh in the b6 the 2.0t one was running a little high , around 2400 rpm at 70 mph
adphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 20:57   #5
adphil
Veteran Member

Any suggestions ?
Old November 27th, 2014, 15:26   #6
rspring
Veteran Member

Phil,

I suggest you order a TDI trans from Frans. He has good prices. I bought one from him about 20 months ago, it came in very good shape. Either that or use any of the awd trans bodies you mentioned and swap a Tdi gearset in. Scott DeWitt can help with that.
Old November 27th, 2014, 15:44   #7
adphil
Veteran Member

thanks ! how do i reach scott dewitt?
Old November 27th, 2014, 16:58   #8
rspring
Veteran Member

http://advancedautomotion.com/shop/

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer
Old November 28th, 2014, 20:29   #9
adphil
Veteran Member

Thanks for the infos !
Old November 29th, 2014, 12:22   #10
Zeitgeist

Since I've not found the info elsewhere, I'll drop it here.

We're looking to hand our C4 Quattro avant over to our daughter and get some kind of TDI replacement wagon. Did VAG ever offer a four cylinder TDI in AWD here in North America? It looks like all the VAG wagons with a TDI are FWD, which is probably ok, but we've grown accustomed to the surefooted feel of the Quattro, and would like to get an A4 or Passat wagon with AWD and a four cyl TDI, but I see that most folks are resorting to engine swaps in order to get this combo. Is this really our only option right now?
'01 Eurovan Weekender AXK --> (ALH Syncro?)
Past: '96 Passat 1Z
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2014, 12:34   #11
yatzee
Veteran Member

TDI(s): see sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Since I've not found the info elsewhere, I'll drop it here.

We're looking to hand our C4 Quattro avant over to our daughter and get some kind of TDI replacement wagon. Did VAG ever offer a four cylinder TDI in AWD here in North America? It looks like all the VAG wagons with a TDI are FWD, which is probably ok, but we've grown accustomed to the surefooted feel of the Quattro, and would like to get an A4 or Passat wagon with AWD and a four cyl TDI, but I see that most folks are resorting to engine swaps in order to get this combo. Is this really our only option right now?
No, there was never an TDI with AWD in North America (other than a Touareg). Yes, a swap is the only option

Please use the search function
yatzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 17:55   #12
K1Cowboy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40+ MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspring View Post
Phil,

I suggest you order a TDI trans from Frans. He has good prices. I bought one from him about 20 months ago, it came in very good shape. Either that or use any of the awd trans bodies you mentioned and swap a Tdi gearset in. Scott DeWitt can help with that.
x2. Frans has the goods to make it happen. Satisfied customer here.
K1Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 13:28   #13
adphil
Veteran Member

That Would be the fun part , good Times ahead...
Old December 21st, 2014, 21:22   #14
adphil
Veteran Member

Im starting to Think of swapping a Tdi 6 th gear in a 2.0t 6 speed Would be my Best option ...
Old December 28th, 2014, 23:23   #15
adphil
Veteran Member
Default Winter beater extraordinaire ... A4 b7 wagon Quattro with Pd 2.0

Complete european trans is around 2000-2500 plus Shipping wich i find a little steep for now in this application ... I have a lot of monéy And Time To invest in other areas for now , bsm delete , chip , exhaust ,etc .

Demon diesel suggested i can Use a regular 2.0t b7 6 speed , so this is exactly what im going To try for now ... The last missing piece of the puzzle Will now be the Tdi manual starter...if somebody have a good lead ... Thanks in advance !