Audi A6 with a CJAA Common Rail

dowster

TDI
2002 Jetta ALH 5spd
Doing the old 2yr thread bumparoo. Curious as to how this swap has been treating you. I recently bought a 1986 BMW that has been running nicely so far but may need to become a bit less 'gassy' down the road so I'm looking at other engines that could make their way into the car. How was your experience with getting the diesel ECU to play nicely? You mentioned that you had it tuned with the immo delete and dpf / emissions delete. Have you had any struggle sourcing parts for the engine since the whole 'dieselgate' went down?

nate0031

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
96 B4 Passat
It's been doing well. I've got no complaints. It has well over 30,000 since the swap. It's towed the tandem jet ski trailer 1,000 miles round trip to TDI Fest, the 17 ft utility trailer 1,100 miles to Texas, and the 26ft travel trailer 300 miles across Ohio.

I haven't had any issues with parts either, although I can't say I've needed to replace any. It's possible you could have a harder time sourcing parts for a swap, but I couldn't comment there.

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
Nate, sent you a PM

krousej

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Would love to hear about the particulars of your Rasberry pi CAN-bus mirror? I'm sure there's something's you would have done differently too. I got a lot more questions. Anybody out there already make one of these and can provide support?