www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old March 1st, 2014, 12:51   #16
mojogoes
Veteran Member

TDI(s): mk3 tdi golf
Fuel Economy: not much

So I take it that you fit your nozzles and turbo before having the tune done........my thoughts at this point are! Is this a well known tuning path i.e is there a known file for this tune or did you use a slightly different turbo or nozzle size / setup................which on the face of it would then probably warrant a live tune.

Last edited by mojogoes; March 1st, 2014 at 12:54.
mojogoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 13:00   #17
ben0069

yes it was a custom/live tune or supposed to be anyway!
ben0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2014, 13:14   #18
mojogoes
Veteran Member

Well! I mean if I was a 100% sure that your gearbox mount/s and drive shaft/s were all in good working condition then I would definitely be looking at my tune..................Sometimes when something is staring you in the face its hard to see it!!

Pm me who tuned it for you if you like?

I'm not saying this has happened in this case but some of the tuners buy a file from a "certain tuners forums"which is somewhere close and then mess with the fuel quantity timing and boost to get it somewhere close to being it near cock on?

Last edited by mojogoes; March 1st, 2014 at 14:43.
mojogoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 15:21   #19
tom101

thanks you for your help

a friend and me have the same car (a5 3.0tdi) one with 60k miles and the other with 80k. Both are in with very good health and no noises before the strong remap + downpipe.

My car was last week in an official Audi shop where is working a friend. I asked them to change rear diff mounts, but they tested and checked all of them and they said all are ok. They couldn't find the problem.

After remap and the high torque the vibration appears in both cars because something in the rear axle does not allow that torque. I hope to guess what.

I'm thinking about fullfill the diff mounts or the center bearing diaphragm with poriurethane to get them harder. It's easy and fast.

Ben, what did you do with your rear diff that didn't work out?

Last edited by tom101; March 2nd, 2014 at 15:31.
tom101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 15:34   #20
mojogoes
Veteran Member

So tom do you think that the harder rubber poly bushes will cure all your vibration problem...........or do you think that you could possibly still have some of these vibrations after changing with harder bushes?
Old March 3rd, 2014, 00:35   #21
ben0069

Have checked bushings around the rear diff they are soft and torn, am waiting for new poly bushes to put in, I'm still waiting to hear from the company that put the new bearing on the prop shaft to know if they balanced it or not????
ben0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 01:02   #22
adamss24
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35-45mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben0069 View Post
Have checked bushings around the rear diff they are soft and torn, am waiting for new poly bushes to put in, I'm still waiting to hear from the company that put the new bearing on the prop shaft to know if they balanced it or not????
I will be very surprised if that's the cause of your problem, i suspect like mojogoes suggested that the tune is not up to scratch and it's asking for too much fuel/timing low down... Do you tow heavy loads with your allroad ? Mine does not do any of this however i had a few 200k miles that done that whilst too much torque/fuel was requested in order to spool large turbos. Smoother maps with gradual fuel/torque increases were the only solution as turbo spikes can bend rods and lift heads ! Let us know how it turns out after the new bushes are pressed in the diff mount...
adamss24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:58   #23
tom101

I have in my rear axle a high displacement vibration over high torque, I think that may be the rear diff or may be the drive shaft. So I hope reinforcing the shaft diaphragm or the diff bushings cause any change in the vibration
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:08   #24
ryanp

Our 3.0 is the same, would be nice to know if anyone fixes it as we can have 600+ Ft lb at 2200rpm but the vibrations are just crazy!!!

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 07:21   #25
mojogoes
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp View Post
Our 3.0 is the same, would be nice to know if anyone fixes it as we can have 600+ Ft lb at 2200rpm but the vibrations are just crazy!!!

Hi ryan! its doable mate just depends who doing it.
Old January 11th, 2017, 13:11   #26
Elf458

Sorry to bring up an old thread...

Me and one other are having a pretty unsuccessful time trying to resolve this same issue. Was there any progress or does anyone have any light they can shed on the situation?

We both have b7 A4's 3.0 tdi quattro. One remapped and one not.

Thanks a million in advance!!
Elf458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 14:57   #27
raffshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom101 View Post
Hello, I need help with my car, it's an A5 3.0 tdi quattro '08 with 80K milles
I've remapped it with aprox. 300hp and 700nm (515fl).

My problem is that accelerating at low revs (between 2000-3000revs) in long gears (4th, 5th & 6th) there is an intense vibration/tremble around the rear diff. I'm not sure the vibration is in the rear diff or in the drive shaft.

Over 3000revs there is no problem at all, also in short gears there is not any vibration.
I'm pretty shure it's due to the high torque. But I have limited the remap to 600n/m and the vibration remains.

I have a friend with exactly the same car and remap 60k milles, and it has exactly the same vibration as me. So the problem it that the rear diff/drive shaft/ shaft bearing of this car can not allow this torque in low revs without trembling.

I like so much torque between 2k-3k revs, had anybody similar problems?
I would like to know any mods I could do to allow the rear transmission to hold high torque

thanks you very much
Before my hybrid turbo I had some shudder in 6 and 7th gear when pulling from low revs. Now with the new turbo, it spools a little later and it's all gone so on my car (A6 4G quattro 3.0tdi) I think it came from the dual mass flywheel.
raffshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 14:15   #28
Elf458

Thanks Raffshore. Interesting to know!

The A4s we both are having this issue with have both had new clutches and flywheels so thats peculiar.

Did you run it with the different turbo for long? Did it ever reoccur? Also what was the spec of the turbo? I wonder how much later the turbo spooled and if this is more of a design issue... still guessing but good to know someone has got around the issue.

Thank you!
Elf458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 21:12   #29
raffshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf458 View Post
Thanks Raffshore. Interesting to know!
The A4s we both are having this issue with have both had new clutches and flywheels so thats peculiar.
Did you run it with the different turbo for long? Did it ever reoccur? Also what was the spec of the turbo? I wonder how much later the turbo spooled and if this is more of a design issue... still guessing but good to know someone has got around the issue.
Thank you!
My engine code is CLAA, 204 hp stock, this engine has a 2056 turbo

first upgrade was a 2260 from the 245hp engine together with DPF and EGR delete. I drove it for 25.000 km like this. It occurred every time when I would pull from 1500 rpm in 7th gear around 2000 rpm and sometimes in 6th.
I never dynoed it but I should have had around 310hp and 720nm.

spool is maybe 200 rpm later compared to 2056
raffshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 16:00   #30
tom101

Hi, I got solved my problem installing 3 inserts in the silentblocks of the rear diff.

034motorsport sells an insert kit, for rear diff and gearbox

https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-aluminum.html

Number 4 and 5 in the photo

I bought in a store in england, but I dont remember the name.

With 700nm the vibration dissapeared, but then I got 800 with upgraded turbo, and the vibration came again, but no so hard as without inserts.

also they buy aluminium silentblocks, but I though they may be uncomfortable for a car to use every day.