www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old July 7th, 2013, 09:48   #46
aja8888
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakwithracket View Post
I have considered it, and I am sure that I will at some point. At some point the market for Jetta IV lights will fade and the natural thing to do is to phase in newer models. The newer the car is though, the more expensive those parts (headlight assemblies) become. So I don't think I could offer them right now at the rates I can for the IV. That being said, if anyone has a set of V headlights they would like retrofitted, they are welcome to send them to me and I can do the work to their existing assemblies. Like I said, I will one day transition to the new models, but I'm trying to take things one step at a time.

Where did you get your V aftermarket headlights?
The aftermarkets were on the car when I bought it. They have the string of LED's below the H/L beam bulbs and look OK, but the alignment is crappy and I can't seem to adjust the height of the beams. PM me with a price to retrofit the stock ones as I got them with the car.

Thanks,

Tony
Bring the 1971 Beetle back to life thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=472400
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 18:34   #47
kiwibru
Veteran Member

Jeff, thanks for answering the many questions asked! I will take a set for a Golf.
PM sent...
Old July 7th, 2013, 22:06   #48
FlyTDI Guy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56.5/44/41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibru View Post
Jeff, thanks for answering the many questions asked! I will take a set for a Golf.
PM sent...
Need some more light for those dark country roads, eh... Let us all know how they work out.

Looking up the G8 projectors, it would appear they take a number of different style bulbs. Would be nice to know which it is you're supplying as I am set up for H7 and have extras of everything.

'01 Jetta GLS, 5 sp, Black on Black, Leather, Sun Roof, MFSW, Monsoon, Cold Weather Pkg., Full LED interior, always a work in progress
FlyTDI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 17:35   #49
kiwibru
Veteran Member

Will do. Darn deer, they are everywhere out here. We hunt daily. Our weapons are cars, our licenses are to drive...and kill or and maim.
Old July 8th, 2013, 20:49   #50
freakwithracket

TDI(s): 2003
Fuel Economy: 50.57mpg

Alright, after 6 hours of hard work, I was able to finish a set of Golf lights, and FINALLY a set of GLI Jetta lights. Here are the photos. It was near impossible to get a good photo without crazy glare hitting the camera lens, but I think these will do it. Everything else (the backs) are the same as the chrome. Only thing different is that black lip. Personally, I think they look the best of the two looks.

HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
freakwithracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 20:52   #51
Scorny
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2 ALH TDi's

....Gimme...gimme
Good job,well done.
Scorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 21:33   #52
freakwithracket

hey guys, I wanted to post some better photos of the GLI lights. I made another set of them tonight, this time with glass lenses. I can also say now that I can offer the Golf lights in the GLI style (chrome with black lens lip). Here they are (and yes, that is a white fiberglass mini Christmas tree in the back round still around from the winter..:

HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
Old July 11th, 2013, 03:52   #53
Scorny
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2 ALH TDi's

Nice...
Quick question though,is it just bad picture angle or the black lip is covering the fog light a bit ?
Thanks.
Scorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:47   #54
Nickmix
Veteran Member

What kind of payment do you accept?
Nickmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:24   #55
freakwithracket

Answers to some more questions:

-Replacement bulbs for these can be found here and here among other places. The first link is better. Through long and interesting conversations through email and over the phone, we eventually figured out that the bulbs in the first link are produced by the same company/factory as the bulbs the retrofitsource is selling. The second link has the same bulb shape, but I am not convinced about the quality of that one. Having owned products from TRS before, I can say that the bulbs these lights use are equal in quality.

-About the fog light, the answer is both. I am taking the photo from a high angle. More importantly though, when I send these out the adjusters are lower than level to the ground. Once you get them you will have to aim their height correctly which is specific to your car. They will likely need to be aimed upward, which will tilt the reflector back and therefore angle the fog light up.

-When you are ready to order a set, just PM, email, or call me and I will send you a paypal invoice. You can then pay from payal using your account balance or your credit card. If you want, I can also accept checks.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz

Last edited by freakwithracket; July 11th, 2013 at 09:39.
Old July 11th, 2013, 13:11   #56
Airstream
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Good

I just put my order in! Really excited to see how they turn out. Jeff has been great to work with so far, and has answered all my questions promptly. I will share my experiences with the community once I get the lights in.
Old July 11th, 2013, 14:12   #57
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

if I were to bring you a set of DEPO blacked out golf/GTI headlights, and glass lenses, how much would the conversion cost, and how long would I have to be without headlights on my Jetta/Golf wagon

would it or could it be same day service?
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 15:38   #58
freakwithracket

Growler,

About to send you a PM.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
Old July 20th, 2013, 17:47   #59
freakwithracket

Finally, here is a photo of the all blacked out version. Decided to offer them. You can have all black, or black background with chrome projector. PM me for details on them.

HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
Old July 20th, 2013, 22:32   #60
Ohnoitsthexops
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakwithracket View Post
Finally, here is a photo of the all blacked out version. Decided to offer them. You can have all black, or black background with chrome projector. PM me for details on them.

I wasn't digging the no shroud look, but all black looks nice. Could you do a set with shrouds to help fill the void?

I retrofit my 02 and good god was that some work wouldn't mind paying someone to do it this time lol
Ohnoitsthexops is offline   Reply With Quote