www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old June 21st, 2013, 23:44   #16
tleader
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06' BRM
Fuel Economy: 43-48

There is also an option for those to do the DIY themselves. I used a retrofit kit similar to what you offer on my MK3 years ago and did the R&R myself and saved a few bucks.
tleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:37   #17
Scorny
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2 ALH TDi's

How much is shipping to Ontario,Canada or its the same...?

Thanks.
Scorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:19   #18
jayb79
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleader View Post
There is also an option for those to do the DIY themselves. I used a retrofit kit similar to what you offer on my MK3 years ago and did the R&R myself and saved a few bucks.
That is always an option, but like myself I don't have the time or patients to do it. If I could get a setup like this for my golf I would buy them, the price is very reasonable for what you are getting.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:46   #19
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

^^what Jay said.
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:44   #20
freakwithracket

TDI(s): 2003
Fuel Economy: 50.57mpg

To answer the question about shipping to Canada, there would be an additional fee which would be equal to the increase shipping cost as compared with US domestic rates. It also depends on what is ordered, as adding glass lenses and ballasts for example would increase the weight. I just did a test price out and found that it would end up being ~$20 extra. Anyone in Canada interested can contact me to work out the exact details for their order.

Some people have been interested in Golf headlights. I do plan to offer them, but I am going to wait a bit. The setup for them is different, and wiring is an issue. In particular, with the typical setup of separate high and low beam bulbs, a HID setup would mean that hitting the high beam switch could cut out the low beams. With HID bulbs turning them on and off rapidly is bad, and I can't imagine anyone would actually want their lows to cut out when the highs are turned on. There is a fix which involves splicing a wire in the steering column and connecting to the headlight switch, but that is likely more work than most would like to do. There are other, better work around that I am looking at. The point is, I want to make sure that I can offer the best and least hassle setup, and am still in the development stage for golf lights.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
freakwithracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 16:02   #21
jayb79
Veteran Member

I do not believe the lows turn off on the golf when the hi is turned on. The do not on my car.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 16:12   #22
freakwithracket

My mistake, you are correct. Sometime last year I helped another member wire up his car to have both on at the same time. He had one of the Jettas with the Golf front end, and I keep forgetting that the car was actually a Jetta not a Golf.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
Old June 22nd, 2013, 16:48   #23
Scorny
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2 ALH TDi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakwithracket View Post
To answer the question about shipping to Canada, there would be an additional fee which would be equal to the increase shipping cost as compared with US domestic rates. It also depends on what is ordered, as adding glass lenses and ballasts for example would increase the weight. I just did a test price out and found that it would end up being ~$20 extra. Anyone in Canada interested can contact me to work out the exact details for their order.
Thanks for getting back to me via PM,I will get in touch with you when I have the funds ready.
Scorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:51   #24
joseluis.17g
Veteran Member

PM'd you
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:37   #25
Nickmix
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakwithracket View Post
:

I can offer these in the Chrome finish, GLI, and Smoked styles. However, the projector itself would still be chrome finished.

Do you have pictures of the various styles: chrome, GLI and smoked?
Nickmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:48   #26
freakwithracket

I'll have photos of the GLI style posted this weekend/Early next week. Also, I have decided to start offering Golf headlights as well. The photos of those will be up early next week as well. Pricing for the Golf lights will be slightly higher than the Jetta, but not by much.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
Old June 29th, 2013, 18:36   #27
BlankThis
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: suck, squeeze, bang, smoke

Waiting to see these Jeff
[360k] - | GT1749VB | DLC764s | Southbend Stage 3 daily (soon) | WIX 24770 + CAT 1R7050 | DG Sigma 5 | 25th anni. e-codes | W8 console | NewSouth boost gauge | Koni Yellows/SRT.Ts w/ Neuspeed Sport springs | 1.8T pancake (soon) | PD150 intake w/ racepipe (soon) |
BlankThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 20:42   #28
jettaboosttdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 800-950 winter, 1000-1100 summer

I would like to see gli style lights as well !
Old June 30th, 2013, 09:30   #29
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Jeff,

Can the cutoff angle be corrected/adjusted after the HID assemblies are assembled into the housings?

The reason I ask is I'm not crazy about the driver's side cutoff in this picture:

I'd rather the left side of the cutoff was horiztonal or increasing in slope (when going from left to right) very slightly...it appears the passnger pattern is perfect. I'm ready to buy and this is the only thing that's got me hung up. Thanks again for offering this product up.
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2013, 19:43   #30
freakwithracket

Hey guys,

I apologize about the delay in getting the GLI style photos up. To get the photos up I need to build a set first, and I am awaiting the assemblies to be delivered any day now.

To answer the question about the level of the light, the answer is yes, it can be adjusted at any time. A nut on the back of the projector can be loosened and the projector itself can be rotated. The nut has finger tabs on it, so it can actually be done by hand if need be. I will be leveling every set here so that won't be necessary, but just in case the ability is there. The light in the photos is coming from the very first set I made. I have refined the process greatly since then. I'll give anyone that orders a set the option of seeing the light cutoff of their set through email, and they can then ask for corrections if they wish before I ship them out.

Again, my apologies about the lack of GLI photos. She be up any day now.

Jeff
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz