www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:48   #46
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
Neat Nicktane kit, anyone try using it on a MK6 TDI?
This kit is for a 1999-2005 Mk4 VW. 2micron's filter kit is for a CR diesel (CBEA and CJAA engines). There is little direct comparison, except that both use a 1 or 2 micron spun glass filter. The choice depends on what engine you have and how the filter mounts to the car.

Have Fun!

Don
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:08   #47
ndamico

hardly,

i have no interest in solving pump design issues on CR tdi's. i don't even have a kit that fits on them. it seeemed he shut his product down because he was using a substandard filter. all i did was give you a suggestion to solve your problem as it seemed people liked his offering.

i make the kits for fun, not for a living. i don't care if you buy one or not. just offering a solution as this filter has been used on the dmax and mk4 for years..i still don't fathom why one would make a nice beautiful bracket for a secondary filter and use a 5 micron unit there. not trying to piss in anyone's wheaties.

nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79TA7.6 View Post
The last two posts should not be in this thread. Nick, it sounds like you are advertising your product on someone elses thread. I am sure this was not your purpose, but that is how it comes across to me. RS, find ndamico's vendor thread and ask there.

Last edited by ndamico; March 22nd, 2013 at 12:11.
ndamico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:26   #48
hotpocketdeath
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndamico View Post
hardly,

i have no interest in solving pump design issues on CR tdi's. i don't even have a kit that fits on them. it seeemed he shut his product down because he was using a substandard filter. all i did was give you a suggestion to solve your problem as it seemed people liked his offering.

i make the kits for fun, not for a living. i don't care if you buy one or not. just offering a solution as this filter has been used on the dmax and mk4 for years..i still don't fathom why one would make a nice beautiful bracket for a secondary filter and use a 5 micron unit there. not trying to piss in anyone's wheaties.

nick
There really wasn't anything wrong with using a 5 micron filter, but people were still complaining that they wanted smaller. But most people don't really understand just how small a particle we are talking about here.

He didn't shut down the project, just redesigned it to use 1 or 2 micron filters that screw in place. Easier to change, ability to use a change indicator guage, and is more compatible to mount. Updates have been posted in other threads.
hotpocketdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:31   #49
ndamico

gotcha.

someone making CR filter kits contacted me a while back about sourceing filters from me. perhaps it was him as you say he is going to a spin-on which is a better idea anyway. he made a good decision.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:32   #50
hotpocketdeath
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndamico View Post
gotcha.

someone making CR filter kits contacted me a while back about sourceing filters from me. perhaps it was him as you say he is going to a spin-on which is a better idea anyway. he made a good decision.
Here's what the new design looks like
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=168
hotpocketdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:42   #51
ndamico

i see. looks like he incorporated my suggestions. that's great! it looks nice and i think it will work out well. i hope this fixes the problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpocketdeath View Post
Here's what the new design looks like
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=168

Old June 3rd, 2013, 17:33   #52
2004LB7
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 42/46

anyone have any updates when the Pure Flow HPFP Adapter will be available?

i hate the idea that my HPFP could go out anytime and potentially take out more with it.
2004LB7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 20:42   #53
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

2micron, the OP, is the only one that knows. I am sure he will post when he has something ready.
Old June 4th, 2013, 14:34   #54
bennybmn
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2micron View Post
Reserved for the “Drain Flow” Intercooler Kit.

Coming Soon!!!

Go Ahead, Click Them!!!!!

All the best!!
This intercooler drain is interesting... Do you have a kit or is it still in development?
Old June 5th, 2013, 18:18   #55
2micron

Default Intercooler drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennybmn View Post
This intercooler drain is interesting... Do you have a kit or is it still in development?
Hello Benny, Thanks for asking about the Intercooler Drain kit!!
This winter was a great season to test the kit. We had great temperature swings in Ontario and the perfect conditions for gathering water in the Intercooler.
It is really amazing how much water will collect in temperatures just around and below freezing. Another club member also tested the kit all season and had the same results. One common finding is that frequent draining of the system eliminates the chance of water accumulating, then freezing up, causing the startup stumble, choking at speed or worse, Hydrolock.
The valve never froze up, even with deliberate torture testing. (Opening the valve, but plugging the drain end overnight) The "knife action" of the rugged stainless ball valve is very forgiving.
Virtually no water is accumulated when temps are well below freezing. The first warmer 28 degree day brings back the water!!
I was also surprised to see water condensing and collecting in the latest temperatures 15-18 degrees during the day, but with chilly 5-8 degree mornings.
My drive is a constant highway 60-65 mph 1 hour drive, perfect for collecting water.The only issue and revision is that the actuating rod rattles a little bit. A little bit of rubber grommeting and such will help.
As far as The Intercooler Drain kits, sure, if there is any interest. But not until the fall of this year and certainly after the Fuel System kits are out there and helping to keep our fuel systems alive!!
Thanks,
All the best,
Andrew
2micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2013, 13:45   #56
bennybmn
Veteran Member

Thanks for the replies and PMs!
Old July 7th, 2013, 19:49   #57
2micron

Default Contain Flow and Pure Flow Update!!!

Hello All!!
Thanks for being and continuing to be patient!!!
A few kits are starting to trickle out!!
Please see the very first page of this thread for more pictures and Pricing!!!
The current Kits continue to trickle out and if any revisions are required, I will certainly update!!!
Check out the latest thread about the Pure Flow, showing installs, questions and feedback from our members!!!
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=389392
Here are a couple of the latest pictures!!!:
Pure Flow and Contain Flow kits together:

Pure Flow and Contain Flow kits together, exploded view:

Installed together:

Thanks again,
All the best!!!
Andrew
2micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 21:11   #58
LOUDERMAN
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Enough to keep me happy.

Definitely interested in the IC drain. Even though I live in AZ I have this nasty habit of driving up to where the snow falls every now and again. Probably just to verify why I live in the valley...

Economy, Longevity, and Performance. Suck it Prius!
LOUDERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:14   #59
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

so it looks like to change the normal factory filter you would have to disconnect the hard line over to the filter mount with the gauge on it?

looks like a nice kit Andrew. I might have to get one of these to put on the shelf so I have one to offer to my occasional CR customers.

I know I would own one of these if I had a CR TDI myself.
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 06:30   #60
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Thanks for all this work Andrew. Now that I have a price, it's on my list.