www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old February 11th, 2013, 01:13   #46
ryanp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBunny View Post
hmm, how much for DRW mounts, sinc eit's going in my 1984 GLi with swap, to 96706. can you PM me, we may need to hash out details.
PM'd a while ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspring View Post
I might need a six speed 4motion after all. How much shipped to DFW TX? Need to have the 4cyl bellhousing with it, and prefer tallest gears possible.
I can supply a DRW with 4 motion bellhousing and DIff but it means stripping 2 gearboxes and Ideally we would fit a LSD at the same time.

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:40   #47
rspring
Veteran Member

Thanks Ryan, looks like I'm going with an FEL.
Old February 27th, 2013, 01:31   #48
ryanp

Still lots of parts in stock, Exchange rate is looking in your favour at the moment!!

Thanks

Ryan

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:39   #49
charlie-r

TDI(s): Caddy w/MTDI

Still got the cam in stock?

I'm only in Doncaster and got a Unit in Barnsely about two minutes away from you guys
charlie-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:40   #50
charlie-r

Sorry just realised all the parts on the first page were updated today, might call through and have a chat sometime soon
Old February 27th, 2013, 04:41   #51
ryanp

assuming you mean the 1z/AHU cam? Yeah still got it somewhere! Bell me first to see if i'm in!

Ta

Ryan

Old February 27th, 2013, 04:43   #52
charlie-r

Yeah sorry, will do!
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:52   #53
(mophead)

Just sent the funds for a 02m swap
(mophead) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 21:27   #54
NWVintage

I just wanted to post a little something about how awesome Ryan is. The 01m went out in my wife's '02 Jetta last Monday at 80k! No real warning signs - just crapped out. Took it to my local VW guru for confirmation (I don't have a VAGCOM, as yet) and sure enough...

After thorough research (I was planning on going to a manual eventually but this was sudden and wifey just wants the car back on the road) I came up with Ryan's swap as the easiest and most cost effective method to avoiding being forced into another 01m.

I hadn't anticipated how quickly and effectively he would help me get this ball rolling. From first contact to packed and shipped in under 48 hours! I had a bunch of questions and wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision - I hadn't had the time to properly think through all of my options in this project and it came literally the day after I finished a pretty major overhaul of my 1.6d rabbit. He patiently answered each and every one of them.

I got about half done with the 01m removal today and I'm getting really excited for my shipment this coming week - this ordeal also gave me an excuse to buy a VAG-COM.

Anyway, thanks Ryan.
NWVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 20:06   #55
boertje
Veteran Member

You won't be sorry. Just take your time and read the how to in my sig. PM me if you have questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWVintage View Post
I just wanted to post a little something about how awesome Ryan is. The 01m went out in my wife's '02 Jetta last Monday at 80k! No real warning signs - just crapped out. Took it to my local VW guru for confirmation (I don't have a VAGCOM, as yet) and sure enough...

After thorough research (I was planning on going to a manual eventually but this was sudden and wifey just wants the car back on the road) I came up with Ryan's swap as the easiest and most cost effective method to avoiding being forced into another 01m.

I hadn't anticipated how quickly and effectively he would help me get this ball rolling. From first contact to packed and shipped in under 48 hours! I had a bunch of questions and wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision - I hadn't had the time to properly think through all of my options in this project and it came literally the day after I finished a pretty major overhaul of my 1.6d rabbit. He patiently answered each and every one of them.

I got about half done with the 01m removal today and I'm getting really excited for my shipment this coming week - this ordeal also gave me an excuse to buy a VAG-COM.

Anyway, thanks Ryan.
boertje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:39   #56
rs250gpracer

I need some used PD race injectors .... those + 80's must be running into their limits with you guys. I'll take some off you please, you need bigger ones

Got a 2260vk to fit on my pd150 but want to do injectors at the same time.
rs250gpracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:47   #57
NWVintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boertje View Post
You won't be sorry. Just take your time and read the how to in my sig. PM me if you have questions.
Thanks - I will. I think it looks totally simple. I already have the old trans out and the wiring done (except the actual connections to the clutch - the appropriate wires are even cut already with butt-connectors attached), so I don't think it'll be too different after this. I'm not really sure why this surprised me, but it's pretty much the same procedure as it was with my MKII GTi that I used to have (changed out the transmission in that 4 different times as my gearing wants/needs changed over time).

It'll be here today! It would have been here yesterday but the DHL driver for my area doesn't have a lift on her truck and I didn't have anyone to help get it off the truck yesterday... For others ordering: remember that all this stuff on a pallet is like 280lb.
Old March 19th, 2013, 00:42   #58
JettaTDI

Fuel Economy: Between 490-530 miles per tank in the Jetta with ryanp EU 6 speed

Just a quick update on my auto-to-manual 6 speed conversion on my 02 Jetta TDI that I got from Ryan: I have about 15,000 miles on it so far, works great. The only problem I had was getting all the air out of the clutch hyd lines. I gravity bleed it a couple times - all good now.
My miles-per tank jumped from 430 to 490. I have no problem maintaining 85-90 MPH @ 2600 RPM in 6th. I did initially have concerns with the stock motor & tall gears - no problem. The car feels stronger with the manual vs the auto. The engine is completly stock with 230,000 miles (i just had the intake cleaned).

2 thumbs up!!
JettaTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 13:14   #59
NWVintage

The overview: Great communication from Ryan, everything I needed was there in the kit, shipping took 24hrs to Seattle.

A couple notes on the how-to and my install experience:

The torque spec in the write-up for the ball-joint-to-control-arm is WRONG! It says 20Nm/15ftlb but that is just the pre-torque value - you must tighten them and additional 90 degrees after the pre-torque. They are also stretch bolts and ought to be replaced. Don't leave them at 20Nm or you will likely end up with serious consequences...

Pay attention to the labeling in the photo of the TCM/ECM location - the OP of the photo labeled them incorrectly and, though they have been corrected, the corrections are hard to see and, if you print the how-to in B&W (as I did), you cannot see the corrections at all. The TCM has one plug and is located towards the PS of the car, the ECM has two plugs (on mine at least) and is located almost dead-center in the rain tray. Bentley lists these relative locations and those with MY2001 and earlier cars will have different locations than MY2002 and later (mine is MY2002).

I had never removed the air plenum before and was not sure how it was done. I also couldn't find it anywhere in the Bentley. I located a how-to that details the whole TCM/ECM removal here http://www.scribd.com/doc/5875768/Vo...Removal-How-to. It's actually extremely easy - I just didn't want to break any plastic...

The trans comes from Ryan with the bracket for the transmission mount still attached to the trans (or mine did at least). I found it near impossible to get the trans up into the engine bay with the bracket on, removed it and thus had to replace those [stretch] bolts - something you may want to be ready with. You may be able to wedge it in there with the bracket on, but I couldn't see how...

The trans oil fill/drain plugs (at least in mine) are 14mm hex. That’s an unusual size and I had trouble finding this tool – even Bentley lists the bolts as 17mm. There were none on the shelf at Sears, Napa, O’Reilley, Autozone, Carquest, nor my local privately owned parts store. After being flabbergasted that I couldn’t find this tool I finally though of Harbor Freight (duh!) - they have a set that includes 3/8 drive 4,5,6,7,8,10mm and drive 12,14&17mm http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece...7880-html.html. Plus HF was open at 8pm on a Saturday… They also offer a similar set, which is impact-grade and includes a 14mm http://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece...set-67895.html.

Last edited by NWVintage; March 19th, 2013 at 13:20.
Old March 20th, 2013, 02:25   #60
ryanp

It can be a struggle to get the box in with the mount attached but it can be done if the engine is low enough. Those bolts would be fine to re-use.