www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old March 31st, 2012, 16:48   #16
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

I would do this in a heartbeat, just not in the budget right now since I'll be out of work for another few weeks.. I just had my trans out and apart a month ago too..
Old March 31st, 2012, 18:50   #17
bagdwag
Banned

Boraparts kit will be relased tomorrow~~~~~~~~~
bagdwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:47   #18
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagdwag View Post
This one?

http://shopping.boraparts.com/produc...roducts_id=661

It has been "coming soon" since last May...
Old April 1st, 2012, 13:40   #19
jptbay
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagdwag View Post
April Fools!
2003 Beetle, 18/56, 3 Bar MAP, 11mm pump, Bosio R520's, Cat fuel filter, PD lift pump, Kerma OMI, Kerma tune, IDParts lower boost pipe, Tyrolsport SMIC, Turbo S fender liner, PD150 intake w/racepipe, IDParts 2.5" stainless downpipe & 2.5" straight exhaust, ARP headstuds, ASV Pistons, I.E. I-Beam rods, BFI stage 1 mounts, Spec stage 3+ clutch/18lb flywheel, R axles, VR6 spindles, GLI big brakes F&R, 17" Enkei RPF1's, Koni FSD's, Evolution skid plate, McNally 30 PSI boost/EGT gauge, OEM HID's ...
jptbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:27   #20
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 B4V

Placed my order for the kit this morning.

A .59 6th gear will be a bit longer than the .622 5th I am running now. should be nice with the stock .756 ratio for 5th gear. Fills in that hole I have now from 4th to 5th (.622).

Will post more as this progresses.
1996 B4V, Hella E-Codes, GLX leather, EuroTuning.cz 02A 6 speed conversion w/.71 5th and .588 6th gear, A4 shift linkage by Matt-98AHU. 11 mm pump by Oldpoopie. Now, GTC1549VZ turbo by Whitbread. TDtuning, 24 lbs. boost, 162 hp, 285 lb/ft tq. Smoke Free (9/18/15). Koni Yellows and Big Brake 5 lug conversion.
john.jackson9213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:43   #21
jackbombay
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A4 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 57/43/32

I'll be interested to hear details about the install.

Hp vs. TQ
jackbombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 08:08   #22
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Me too... the magazine article says it can be done with the transmission still in the car, but the install instructions say it has to come out... I think it does have to come out and apart to change the selector lever for 5/6.. not sure I see a way to get the snap rings off with the unit in the car..
Old April 4th, 2012, 15:20   #23
EuroTuning

TDI(s): 2,0TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.jackson9213 View Post
A .59 6th gear will be a bit longer than the .622 5th I am running now. should be nice with the stock .756 ratio for 5th gear. Fills in that hole I have now from 4th to 5th (.622).
Diagram of gearbox ratios:

Diagram of John's gearbox:

Modified diagram of John's gearbox:

Last edited by EuroTuning; April 13th, 2012 at 16:12.
EuroTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 15:25   #24
Bkcorso
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 Golf

that is a nice reduction @ 80mph, keep us posted =-)
Old April 4th, 2012, 16:03   #25
EuroTuning

TDI(s): 2,0TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIJetta99 View Post
Me too... the magazine article says it can be done with the transmission still in the car, but the install instructions say it has to come out... I think it does have to come out and apart to change the selector lever for 5/6.. not sure I see a way to get the snap rings off with the unit in the car..
The gearbox can be modified without taking apart but it has to be done by special method that requires knowledge of gearbox's construction. It is like “laparoscopic operation”. The replacement is carried out through a hole for taking out the selector housing. It is convenient for workshop, which does these modifications more frequently, but for people, who want to modify only their own gearbox it is better to take it apart.

All changes are done in gearbox only, the other parts (selector box, selector cables) are without changes.
EuroTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2012, 17:56   #26
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Gotcha.. I Took the selector assembly out of a spare trans that I have here and I see how it can be done.. I'll try messing with my spare unit and see if I can do it..
Old April 9th, 2012, 19:35   #27
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIJetta99 View Post
Gotcha.. I Took the selector assembly out of a spare trans that I have here and I see how it can be done.. I'll try messing with my spare unit and see if I can do it..
Any results to report on your test?
1996 B4V, Hella E-Codes, GLX leather, EuroTuning.cz 02A 6 speed conversion w/.71 5th and .588 6th gear, A4 shift linkage by Matt-98AHU. 11 mm pump by Oldpoopie. Now, GTC1549VZ turbo by Whitbread. TDtuning, 24 lbs. boost, 162 hp, 285 lb/ft tq. Smoke Free (9/18/15). Koni Yellows and Big Brake 5 lug conversion.
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:57   #28
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

Quote:

My Credit Union had a problem transfering the funds with the information provided by EuroTuning. They were used to having an intermediate bank involved. How ever, when I used my account at Bank of America, they had no issues what so ever in doing the fund transfer.

EuroTuning confirmed receipt of funds last Friday and will ship the conversion kit this week.

More to follow, as I learn more.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:21   #29
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Quote:
Any results to report on your test?
didn't get to it yet.. I've been playing Mr. Mom over the past few weeks (out of work temporarily from hand surgery) so it's been hard to get to it..
Old April 11th, 2012, 07:20   #30
50harleyrider
Veteran Member

Quote:
My Credit Union had a problem transfering the funds with the information provided by EuroTuning. They were used to having an intermediate bank involved. How ever, when I used my account at Bank of America, they had no issues what so ever in doing the fund transfer.

EuroTuning confirmed receipt of funds last Friday and will ship the conversion kit this week.

More to follow, as I learn more.
let me know what you end up doing with the .622 as i am running it too. Hopefully you kept your stock .75 gear. I sold mine darnit!
50harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote