www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old April 15th, 2013, 15:08   #46
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

I have to speak up here. We've abided by the new Vendor Thread rules, yet our once monthly thread has now been locked twice. The only other thread we have that appears on the front page (in part because it was left unlocked in error) is now locked. As cevans writes, we are not in violation, yet the thread is locked anyway. And shortysclimbing has two open and active threads on the first page.

Whether or not I agree with the new rules, I do think it's only reasonable that you follow what we've agreed to regarding our monthly threads (lock the previous month's thread and leave the new thread open when posted), and that you apply the rules to all vendors consistently.

Having to monitor and ask repeatedly for this to be corrected is disappointing, and not what I'm used to from TDIClub.

Last edited by IndigoBlueWagon; April 15th, 2013 at 15:24.
IndigoBlueWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 17:52   #47
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

Fuel Economy: No data yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans View Post
Can the mods please unlock our not-in-violation thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=381490

This is beyond ridiculous.
The very same thread that you ASKED to be locked via a PM to me on 03 APR?
nicklockard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 18:08   #48
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

No. This thread was put up on 03 April, and the March newsletter thread should have been locked then. You locked the wrong thread on the 3rd, and locked it again yesterday or today. Please unlock it.
Old April 15th, 2013, 18:14   #49
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

PM sent
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:36   #50
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

Fred is circulating a vendor questionairre. This thread's sticky purpose may have passed. I'm going to unsticky it for now.
Old June 15th, 2013, 20:00   #51
Scott_DeWitt

I vote for the locking of old threads. I've had threads 2-3 years old bumped and received nastygrams from mods to "Cut it Out" when I had no control over necro-bumping.

Looking at the vendor section I see another vendor's old thread bumped with an active thread already in the main section.
Old June 15th, 2013, 20:10   #52
Whitbread

TDI(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_DeWitt View Post
I vote for the locking of old threads. I've had threads 2-3 years old bumped and received nastygrams from mods to "Cut it Out" when I had no control over necro-bumping.
Looking at the vendor section I see another vendor's old thread bumped with an active thread already in the main section.
Agreed. I asked for all my old threads to be locked after I made my in progress "master" 10lbs of $h!t in a 5 lb bag thread. Obviously there's at least one still unlocked that I was not involved in .
Whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:34   #53
bhtooefr
TDIClub Enthusiast
ToofTek Inventor

TDI(s): None

The other thing is, maybe an "Archived Vendor/Groupbuy" forum, move everything but the one threads to it, and lock that whole forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 08:03   #54
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Good idea toof, but, then again, why bother? If the thread is locked it will die a slow death to the depths of the Vendor Section. I really, really like the idea of locked old threads. Each vendor gets one active thread at a time, lock the old ones. Easy.

What I have tried to do is put a link to the "newest" thread at the top of the old thread, therefore when/if someone comes upon the old thread they at least have a breadcrumb trail to follow.
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 09:04   #55
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: see signature

I just did a little more housekeeping and locked some old threads that were on page one (in cases where there was a newer thread also on page one).

Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:36   #56
A5INKY

Fuel Economy: pretty good

I get why this thread limitation to one per vendor was done.

However, it would be helpful if vendors could change their thread's title from time to time. If it is technically feasible, it seems it would satisfy the goal of eliminating vendor spamming up the section while still allowing us to feature changes and new offerings.

Can this be done?

A5INKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:40   #57
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

I'll check with Fred to see if it's possible to allow vendors to change their thread titles in this section, or if it would require a forum-wide setting change.

In the mean time, moderators can change thread titles for you, so if you want your title changed, click report post on the first post of the thread that you want modified and we will take care of it as quickly as possible (within 24 hours would be typical).

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; February 3rd, 2014 at 09:43.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:18   #58
A5INKY

Fuel Economy: pretty good

Great! Thanks for that.

A5INKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 08:33   #59
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

This is a bump to remind folks that you may only have one active thread at a time.
  • If you would like to start a new thread and abandon your old one, please click the report post icon and let the moderator know that you wish to have your old thread locked.
  • If you would like to change the title of an existing thread, please click the report post icon and let the moderator know that you wish to change your existing thread title.
  • If you wish to combine several threads into one master thread, please click the report post icon and let the moderator know which threads you would like to have combined.
  • If you have any other requests or questions about a thread in the Vendor forum, please click the report post icon in the thread/post in question.

You'll notice that many thread maintenance actions center around the report post icon . There are several of us who monitor this forum and most requests will be completed within 24 hours. Simply starting multiple threads without following the above procedures will result in unhappy moderators and arbitrary thread moves/mergers/locks and title changes.

Thanks!

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; February 19th, 2014 at 08:45.
Old April 18th, 2014, 13:41   #60
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
Simply starting multiple threads without following the above procedures will result in unhappy moderators and arbitrary thread moves/mergers/locks and title changes.

Thanks!
Sorry
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote