www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old December 7th, 2010, 08:42   #46
Whitbread

TDI(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIJetta99 View Post
The worst thing on my part is forgetting to put engine covers back on.. I do it at least once a week.. Most of my customers don't have them on anyway, so I forget and a day or 2 later I see an engine cover laying in the shop and wonder who's it is.. Usually that coincides with a phone call inquiring about a missing engine cover..
X2 haha. I almost never work on stock cars, and when I do, I am known to forget engine covers exist too lmao.
Whitbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 09:29   #47
nicklockard
Torque Dorque

Fuel Economy: No data yet.

Subscribed with popcorn.
nicklockard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:17   #48
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg

Ha...just yesterday I was testing out a new purchase (y2K jetta bad 01M) I had just spend the first part of the week putting together a five speed from spare parts I had in the shop, installing it via five speed swap.... also did a 100k T'belt (PO told me it was done last year, total BS) ...anyway first gear just coming on boost and "POW" ....I thought my shade tree tranny blew a shaft ....a few seconds later I realized I just blew the upper IC pipe...forgot to put the clamp on the EGR!!...duh...I very easy trip back to the shop corrected the issue.....everyone makes errors...sometimes ya' gotta bite the bullet ...sometimes you get lucky!!!

Last edited by jimbote; December 10th, 2010 at 07:21.
jimbote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 07:22   #49
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitbread View Post
X2 haha. I almost never work on stock cars, and when I do, I am known to forget engine covers exist too lmao.
word X3....lost count of how many times I forgot the engine cover!! ...the TDI is such a thing of beauty why would you want to homogenize it with a piece of plastic anyway?
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:37   #50
ryanp

Post #8

Edited as the shop has started to make payments to put this right.

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE

Last edited by ryanp; May 19th, 2011 at 01:53.
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:36   #51
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

Post the shop name, and let the rest of TDIclub "nudge" them into giving a refund.

They didn't check the level on a used transmission, stupid mistake, but they need to own up to it.

Post the name.

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:53   #52
ChippedNotBroken
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50,45

The only thing necessary for bad shops to continue is for good men to say nothing.
Quote:
Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. TJ
ChippedNotBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 13:25   #53
foxracer1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Low34/Avg40/best54

I agree you can mess up but man up and fix it! Reveal the name!
Vag-Com owner
foxracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 17:46   #54
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52/47/39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfromovin View Post
How about LOL? The owner of this needs to post in tothemax's "what dumb $hit stuff did you do to your car today" thread lol.
The shop who installed it should post it there!

303,00 miles and counting!
NewTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 18:36   #55
1towman

Hey Ryan look on the bright side. You couldn't buy this kind of advertising. I mean I'm sure I'm not the only one who has heard of your 6 speeds and dreamed of buying one from you but might have been a little gun shy of dealing with someone across the pond. Well all those fears are out the window because of the straight up way your dealing with all this. Cheers to you for being a man of your word and doing the right thing when others don't! If I ever get the fundage to upgrade be expecting a phone call from Oregon.
1towman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:36   #56
ryanp

Post #9

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE

Last edited by ryanp; May 19th, 2011 at 01:53.
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:08   #57
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Just raise your prices 20% for a few months and you'll be even. After that have a 20% off sale for TdiClub members ...

Old March 10th, 2011, 03:54   #58
ryanp

Post #10

Last edited by ryanp; May 19th, 2011 at 01:54.
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:42   #59
jettasportwagen

Get in touch with a lawyer, you'll need it. Once you understand your legal rights, the shame the shop. I am not into being vindictive but the truth is, I am a person that wants to trust the "trusted vender list" and it should be truthful.

Justin
Old March 10th, 2011, 09:08   #60
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Well, the customer should pursue legal action as well. If you submitted an invoice to the shop for the 2nd tranny, depending where they are located, the local police department or district attorney (they do wear wigs here) could actually get a refund on your behalf and charge you a nominal fee. I had a client in AZ that did not pay, I send the local police dept/sheriff a letter stating the facts and less than a month later I had a check for 90% of the invoice, they kept 10% as a service fee.