www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old July 27th, 2017, 18:42   #46
im570rm
Veteran Member

in the end i did upgraded the turbo with 1.5 mm bigger turbine and 56mm wheel from 2056vl .Should be good for 230 bhp , so above my goal .Spools close to stock .When i adjusted the turbo i realized that the car already haves a mild tune...requested boost is 1.2 bars vs ~1 bar stock.I think need more then this haha,a new tune comes next...maybe i'll go with the iveco nozzles in the nearest future as well.
im570rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2017, 09:58   #47
MJF

Has anyone tried limits of automatic transmission? I probably have to change new cams etc and I want more power than stock tuned engine. So is there any point to do it with stock automatic transmisson?
MJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2017, 14:44   #48
1.4TDI PD

TDI(s): 2.5TDI V6

The max torque limit for the 01V/ZF 5HP19 is around 440Nm or 320 lb·ft so if you stay in this limits it should be fine but you could help the transmission out with a aditional atf cooler.
1.4TDI PD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2017, 09:28   #49
diffas
Veteran Member

Have you ever seen this? Seems like end of the OE DMF. Nowdays you cannot trust original parts anymore, they fail under 500000km.

Here we have indeed stock oe dmf detached from center hub and tilted atleast over 20degrees so dtc signal to the ecu was off and therefore some radical SOI problems with pump. At least did get flames out from exhaust with launch limiter.

diffas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 15:29   #50
Tdi_kimmi

Hello! Frist, Sorry for my bad language.. i have a A6 C5 with BAU engine and i want 240-270hp. What do i need? My engine is stock.

Kim Espen
Tdi_kimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 08:00   #51
diffas
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdi_kimmi View Post
Hello! Frist, Sorry for my bad language.. i have a A6 C5 with BAU engine and i want 240-270hp. What do i need? My engine is stock.
Kim Espen
For that power you need bit bigger nozzles and upgraded turbo. Using cummins nozzles or cpc smallest nozzles. Not sure if cpc is active anymore, but worth to ask.
diffas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2017, 09:27   #52
Tdi_kimmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffas View Post
For that power you need bit bigger nozzles and upgraded turbo. Using cummins nozzles or cpc smallest nozzles. Not sure if cpc is active anymore, but worth to ask.
From what cummins ? 🙂 Do you have a tip om turbo? I prefer bolt on 😄
Tdi_kimmi is offline   Reply With Quote