www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old October 15th, 2010, 01:45   #31
tperretta
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44mpg mixed driving
Thumbs down Vendor Accountability Thread

I held off on this post for awhile because my intentions were to only break even and not stir up trouble. I've been officially screwed over by Nick at street toys, so now it is my aim to save anyone else the headache of doing business with him. I'm a long time member of TDIclub and have a good reputation of buying and selling on here privately and through other vendors. I will briefly walk you through what happened with Nick that went terribly different. I no longer question whether nick had anything to do with his and Kermas split.

My hammer series turbo that was purchased through kerma a couple years ago was seemingly leaking oil. I've also had oil in my intake plumbing. I'm still not actually sure if it's the turbo or not. I contacted Nick because of my concern. I asked him if he could inspect it and what my options would be if the turbo seals were actually leaking. He directed me towards purchasing his 1852 for 750$. I explained that I am a recently laid off math/science teacher and was desperately looking for work and could not afford anything that isn't necessary. After our discussion, we decided that I would ship the turbo in question to him for inspection and he would ship me an 1852 because there was a possibility my turbo was bad. We went this route because It was the quickest way to get my car running again if the turbo was bad and I needed it running fast so that I could be available to take a job offer. In the even that my old turbo was fine, Nick was to ship it back to me and I'd send him the 1852 (on my dime). I just needed the option to have the car back together asap.

After nick received my money, he took a week to even ship the turbo. He defeated the whole purpose of even sending it to me since my turbo basically showed up to him before he sent me a new one. You'd think at this point, he'd just inspect mine before sending the other one since he procrastinated already. nope!

I called Nick and ask him to let me know asap for a diagnosis once mine arrives. He said it arrived that day and would call me back in an hour. It's been almost 3 months and he has not called back. I have a long list of dates and times I have tried contacting him to find out what happened to my turbo. Was it good or bad? Who knows! So, after Nick knew I was laid off and had no money to be just replacing parts for no reason, He fails our agreement to even let me know if I'm replacing a bad part.

I had my car looked at and did some extra inspecting and found a bad oil return line that was leaking oil. I have also been directed to vent my Crank Case better. Ironically, nick said a better CC vent was probably needed too but would still look at my turbo to rule that out.

All I've needed was a phone call with a diagnosis so that I could rule out the turbo as being an issue. Now that I've gotten help from TDIclub, the problem was my oil line and CC vent. The turbo was fine, but Nick took it and my money and went MIA.

If you are considering doing business with street toys, reconsider. Just recall all the drama that has been on here with Nick. I don't believe it was just bad luck for the poor guy. It's beyond that at this point. It's just bad business. I doubt this post will sink Nick's business but I can hope it hurts it like he hurt my situation. I'm still unemployed and getting slammed with an unjustified 750 bucks really hurts.

I wish i had two more hands .... so i could give street toys four thumbs down!
tperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:24   #32
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg

I ordered a boost valve 3 weeks ago today. I have left 3 voicemails and have emailed without a response yet.

This is my last effort to try to get that valve that paypal verifies I have paid for. I hoping that maybe the contact info has changed or something.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:34   #33
jcilforever
Veteran Member

Default 2 racepipes

I just ordered two racepipes last week from Street Toys and left emails and messages. I wonder what is going to happen as my credit card has already been charged and have no info on when to expect my order

Last edited by jcilforever; November 8th, 2010 at 11:14.
jcilforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:00   #34
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnsgrbr View Post
I ordered a boost valve 3 weeks ago today. I have left 3 voicemails and have emailed without a response yet.

This is my last effort to try to get that valve that paypal verifies I have paid for. I hoping that maybe the contact info has changed or something.

Does anyone know if they are still in business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcilforever View Post
I just ordered two racepipes last week and left emails and messages. I wonder what is going to happen as my credit card has already been charged and have no info on when to expect my order
Neither one of you mentions who you ordered from. Could you both please identify the seller(s). Thank you
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 19:15   #35
jcilforever
Veteran Member

Default Anyone know where Nick is?

Quote:
I just ordered two racepipes last week from Street Toys and left emails and messages. I wonder what is going to happen as my credit card has already been charged and have no info on when to expect my order
Right now I can not find an answer to the question of where Nick is. My credit card has a charge on it, I have called, left messages, sent emails to his website, sent messages to Ronda, sent emails to his yahoo acount. His website is up and still taking orders but nobody is home
Old November 8th, 2010, 22:08   #36
tperretta
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44mpg mixed driving

Quote:
Right now I can not find an answer to the question of where Nick is. My credit card has a charge on it, I have called, left messages, sent emails to his website, sent messages to Ronda, sent emails to his yahoo acount. His website is up and still taking orders but nobody is home
He's not going to call you back. He just likes taking your money. He jacked me over too. Dispute it with your credit card.
tperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 19:51   #37
brnsgrbr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 mpg
Default I ordered from Street Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigarniedog View Post
Neither one of you mentions who you ordered from. Could you both please identify the seller(s). Thank you
I ordered from Street Toys
2.0Ltr ALH w/BHWs, WB girdle, IE Tuscan rods, RyanP GtB2260Vk kit, 4bar MAP; Kerma 3" exhaust w/HF cat & Aeroturbine 3030XL, headwork, DRW 6speed w/DG Sigma shifter;SBC S2 End race clutch W/ferramic disk; Peloquin TBD; Bosio Stage 2 R520s; DLI Technik mounts ; 11mm; TT CA bushings; DG Panzer FMJ, RP,& 100K TB&SB upgrade; Coolant heater; DRL & EGR deletes; ventectomy; Accuair/Airlift suspension;B20-B100
brnsgrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:36   #38
dieselfordvw

Fuel Economy: 47mpg First tank

I also ordered from street toys what a scam
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:41   #39
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

FWIW, and IIRC member thetdiwagonguy was promoting Street Toy products. Might be worthwhile to get ahold of thetdiwagonguy and ask him what is going on with Street Toys this time. Good luck.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=32756
When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1

Last edited by thebigarniedog; November 12th, 2010 at 11:44.
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:41   #40
jcilforever
Veteran Member

I wonder when the moderator is going to do or say something?
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:37   #41
kooyajerms
grocery getter

What do you want them to do? They don't really have any power in your situation or problems with a vendor. All we can do is expose or commend certain vendors and hope they value TDIclub the same way we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMetz
There is no TDIClub seal of approval for any vendor and TDIClub does not resolve any conflicts. When someone becomes registered as a vendor, there is no automatic inclusion to the 'Trusted TDI Mechanic's - By State' thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044 Admission to that thread is by referral only. I discourage vendors from adding themselves to that thread as self-promotion can make their credibility suspect. Referrals are earned, not granted. Vendors are expected to have the integrity to hold themselves accountable. Simply put, the vendor is his own warranty for the product or service they are selling.

Members and vendors are to resolve issues privately, just as in any other transaction one engages in.
kooyajerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2010, 13:11   #42
jcilforever
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooyajerms View Post
What do you want them to do? They don't really have any power in your situation or problems with a vendor. All we can do is expose or commend certain vendors and hope they value TDIclub the same way we do.
Post Vendors name in a stiky of Revoked Vendors
Old November 12th, 2010, 15:26   #43
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Post Vendors name in a stiky of Revoked Vendors
IIRC, Street Toys has not been a registered vendor by his choice for a number of years. So there is really nothing to revoke. Others have complained about his products in many a thread when he was a vendor. Those threads are readily searchable and readily available. Some chose to continue to deal with him despite those prior and documented problems, accepting Street Toys' voiciferous explanation that none of those problems were any of his fault.

The latest attempt to rehash his reputation seemed to be with him hawking his products through thetdiwagonguy (per my prior post) --- which is why I suggested you and others contact thetdiwagonguy (since thetdiwagonguy is a registered vendor on this forum and may be able to put you in contact with Street Toys).

Sadly, this seems to be another exercise in why the past does matters and why people who forget the past are doomed to repeat history. Ultimately, all buyers must make an educated decision and live with the consequences of their choices --- which seems to be, unfortunately, yours and a few other's plight here. In summary, I do not know of anything the moderators can do to protect buyers in such circumstances. Good luck.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
Old November 12th, 2010, 15:33   #44
jcilforever
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigarniedog View Post
IIRC, Street Toys has not been a registered vendor by his choice for a number of years. So there is really nothing to revoke. Others have complained about his products in many a thread when he was a vendor. Those threads are readily searchable and readily available. Some chose to continue to deal with him despite those prior and documented problems, accepting Street Toys' voiciferous explanation that none of those problems were any of his fault.

The latest attempt to rehash his reputation seemed to be with him hawking his products through thetdiwagonguy (per my prior post) --- which is why I suggested you and others contact thetdiwagonguy (since thetdiwagonguy is a registered vendor on this forum and may be able to put you in contact with Street Toys).

Sadly, this seems to be another exercise in why the past does matters and why people who forget the past are doomed to repeat history. Ultimately, all buyers must make an educated decision and live with the consequences of their choices --- which seems to be, unfortunately, yours and a few other's plight here. In summary, I do not know of anything the moderators can do to protect buyers in such circumstances. Good luck.
Then why not have a sticky with current vendors and revoked vendors? I am not attempting to use this forum as a way to get back the money. If one post helps one person keep from making the same mistake than it is worth it.
Old November 12th, 2010, 15:50   #45
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Quote:
Then why not have a sticky with current vendors and revoked vendors? I am not attempting to use this forum as a way to get back the money. If one post helps one person keep from making the same mistake than it is worth it.
The simple answer is that no one reads the stickie's anymore then searches for answers before posting questions. I good example is diagnosing low power in A3/B4 sections. Moderator GoFaster has a well written stickie --- that no one apparently reads. Please count the number of "what do I do with limp mode" type questions. Likewise, check out the K&N Filter questions --- despite a recent stickie thread and numerous questions on the same topic.

The best protection anyone has on this forum is searching the member's history. Here is a quick search for Street Toys using Google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tdiclub%3A+Street+Toys

So, if people are unwilling to do the simplest of Google searches to protect themselves, what will an unread stickie accomplish?

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1