www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old September 14th, 2009, 13:52   #16
airwolf
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Fout
My ST DP is two years old and is rusting. Two different exhaust shops have said it'll need replaced within a year. Anyone else have rust issues with an ST DP?
Taken from the first post:

"Members should only post their complaints here after they have tried to resolve their issues privately. TDIClub's forums are the last venue for resolution, not the first."

So have you tried to work your 'problem' out privately or are you just trying to join in the 'trolling/bashing' fun?

2014 F-150 AKA-Ruby

TDIFest2009 Organizer! | TDIFest2012 Organizer!
airwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 16:03   #17
BKmetz
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

Well, as the Street Toys down-pipe thread has devolved into whatever it is now, and S/T never posted in it anyway when it came to helping his customers, I can see why Bob didn't want to post his issues there. S/T can always post here the best way for members to contact him. I kept his membership open for that purpose.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 16:49   #18
Lady Bug

TDI(s): 2001 Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmetz
Well, as the Street Toys down-pipe thread has devolved into whatever it is now, and S/T never posted in it anyway when it came to helping his customers, I can see why Bob didn't want to post his issues there. S/T can always post here the best way for members to contact him. I kept his membership open for that purpose.
Now, that is not entirely true, now is it? His account was turned off yesterday just before Mr Faut posted. I really don't know what you guys are trying to do here but it is not right in my book!

Before you accuse him of having two accounts you should know that this is my own account, I just did not want to call myself "Mrs-Street Toys". All of our customers know me already, I just don't post here a lot!

Sondra,
Lady Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 17:06   #19
BKmetz
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

His status is listed as: Registered User - No Edit, no profile change

I changed his status around 12:35PM yesterday just after he went into his rant. He should be able to post. It was never our intention to ban him or block him from posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bug
Now, that is not entirely true, now is it? His account was turned off yesterday just before Mr Faut posted. I really don't know what you guys are trying to do here but it is not right in my book!

Before you accuse him of having two accounts you should know that this is my own account, I just did not want to call myself "Mrs-Street Toys". All of our customers know me already, I just don't post here a lot!

Sondra,

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )

Last edited by BKmetz; September 14th, 2009 at 17:26.
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 17:15   #20
Street Toys
Veteran Member

TDI(s): sold

Quote:
My ST DP is two years old and is rusting. Two different exhaust shops have said it'll need replaced within a year. Anyone else have rust issues with an ST DP?
Hello Mr Fout,
We have searched our records and can not find anyone of that name who has ordered anything from us at all. Could you please send me an e-mail with the name you ordered this downpipe?

Thank you,
Nick/Street Toys
Old September 14th, 2009, 18:06   #21
robzuk
Veteran Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Toys
After some "looking into" Bob did in fact post in that thread. Page 5, post #62. Reading that particular post he did not mention that he had a problem with anything rather than he found it amusing to correct a "flaming" comment and "grin". Perhaps if he had spoken up earlier if he did in fact have an issue, I could have addressed the problem way back when. I deeply regret that I do not have the ability to "read between the lines".

Again I thank you,
Nick/Street Toys
I'm going to post my gripe here. I purchased a downpipe from you through Aaron, BleachedBora, about 2 years ago. I have the same issue as Bob. When I get my whitbread DP, I'll post up some pics. The welds look fine to me, but the quality of the pipe you used was sub par.
robzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 18:36   #22
Street Toys
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robzuk
I'm going to post my gripe here. I purchased a downpipe from you through Aaron, BleachedBora, about 2 years ago. I have the same issue as Bob. When I get my whitbread DP, I'll post up some pics. The welds look fine to me, but the quality of the pipe you used was sub par.
Hello Mr rozuk,

Your particular down pipe if purchased by BleachedBora at that time, he was acting as an agent or something along that line for another customer that I was making certain parts for. Some of those parts the customer decided to source himself and we merely "assembled" their products with their materials. Other products were sourced from our "certified stock", eg. 6061T6 aluminum etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMA
but believe me, we paid for every downpipe and manifold he ever assembled for us (out of parts we bought, we bought every last nut and washer)
As you have mention forehand, we did assemble the product to a good standard however I feel that your particular grievance is undoubtedly with the originating supplier, Kerma TDI. I am really not trying to pass the buck here at all, I hope that you can understand the chain of events! I will be offering new 409 stainless downpipes here in the near future and if it is of any help to you or any other customer that had or has an issue with this particular vendor and this particular produduct in question, I will offer these at a discounted price to those who qualify.

Thank you very much,
Nick/Street Toys
Old September 15th, 2009, 08:03   #23
Bob_Fout
Oil Wanker

Quote:
Hello Mr Fout,
We have searched our records and can not find anyone of that name who has ordered anything from us at all. Could you please send me an e-mail with the name you ordered this downpipe?

Thank you,
Nick/Street Toys
Nick,

I purchased my DP through BB. Looks like robzuk did too.
Old September 15th, 2009, 12:40   #24
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

These forums are not the place for personal attacks and other violations of the forum rules. This topic attracts a lot of such discussion, hence lots of moderating.

The other thing is that it is the intent of this thread to reflect *current* vendor situations. After a situation gets resolved, and it is agreed by both parties that it is resolved, the discussion leading up to it no longer serves a purpose.

If the situation cannot be resolved, then it remains here, and other people can use that to judge whether they want to do business with that vendor or not.

"Freedom of speech" doesn't work when it comes to keeping large internet forums under control. Complain all you want ... it just doesn't work. You are quite free, of course, to set up your own internet site and express yourself that way.

By the way, the terms and conditions regarding posting in this thread are explained in post #1.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2009, 21:21   #25
Street Toys
Veteran Member

Quote:
Nick,

I purchased my DP through BB. Looks like robzuk did too.
Hello Mr Fout,

As I posted in post # 23 I really hope that you understand our delima
What I can do further is, before I even post the 409 Downpipes on our website, I will make sure that there are enough beforehand to accommodate people who may be in need to receive these first. If this is an avenue of choice for you let me know in a couple of days (we are currently addressing technical problems with our e-mail account)

Thank you very much for the courtesy you have extended and the cooperation you've given. We will try our best to insure that everyone is promptly satisfied.
Old September 15th, 2009, 21:59   #26
Bob_Fout
Oil Wanker

Quote:
Hello Mr Fout,

As I posted in post # 23 I really hope that you understand our delima
What I can do further is, before I even post the 409 Downpipes on our website, I will make sure that there are enough beforehand to accommodate people who may be in need to receive these first. If this is an avenue of choice for you let me know in a couple of days (we are currently addressing technical problems with our e-mail account)

Thank you very much for the courtesy you have extended and the cooperation you've given. We will try our best to insure that everyone is promptly satisfied.
Thank you Nick. I don't think any of us realized what exactly was happening with the DPs (as you pointed out in post #23).
Old January 15th, 2010, 21:01   #27
tditom
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Golf: 54/48/43.5 B4 Passat: 52/48.5/45 B5.5 Passat: 30 mpg mixed

are we supposed to post here if we have a problem with an on-line vendor but is not yet a 'tdiclub vendor'? Reason I'm asking is that i want to make sure everyone knows about bad experiences a couple of us have discussed here. i just don't want that vendor to get their OK to sell things here without the current issue being known.
Why I recommend fuel additive.
tditom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:52   #28
morris1524

Default Is Good Guys Biodiesel really reccomended?

Did a user on the site actually recommend them, or did they suggest themselves?

Personally, I would not recommend them.

I had an unpleasant experience having my 79 Rabbit worked on by them. The issues that came out of it are more related to customer service, communication, people skills, and the ability to resolve problems. There may or may not have been an issue with the actual work done, but the car was returned in an unsafe to drive condition.

If anyone want more info, feel free to PM me.
morris1524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2010, 16:15   #29
snobum13

Fuel Economy: 44.3

Just to warn everybody I have had less than good luck with street toys. I purchased an OMI in June. It for whatever reason did not fit my 02 Golf very well. I decided I would attempt to return it. After many attempts at contact via email and phone I decided to return it regardless of a RA#. I did that and it was never received and returned to me. I finally got Nick on the phone and he gave me the correct address (apparently the one on the return shipping label wasn't correct!??) and told me to send him the tracking number , he would refund on paypal right away. BULL$HIT. I have yet to receive a return payment or the OMI back. NADA. No return email or return phone call. I am out 160$ and pissed off at this point. It has been two months since I sent it back to him. So, I am contacting the local police there and the Better Business Bureau. I'll gladly keep you all up to date on this.
snobum13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:35   #30
darkscout
Grammar Scout

TDI(s): 2003 Golf

Is he still in business?

If you paid with a credit card, open a credit card dispute. Go around PayPal, yes, your paypal account will be closed because that's "against their terms" but it's trivial to open a new one.