www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old April 12th, 2008, 14:09   #16
opie1988

I need some maintenance work done. I am in Stafford,Va PM'ing contact info
opie1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:38   #17
Hirak

TDI(s): 2001 Black
Default Take it to Tom!

Living in Williamsburg VA is nice but there are no TDI mechanics nearby I trust. I found Tom in Stafford picking through the Eastern USA forum. I needed a 200K TB change, analysis of a chronic low power issue, and a check engine light deleted. You know you can tell a good mechanic in the first few minutes by the kind of questions asked, his demeanor, and the ambience of his digs. Tom fulfilled my expectations, did a meticulous TB change, educated me on parts wear issues, the dangers of cheapo offbrand parts, and confirmed again the rampant incompetence of dealer repair shops. He sent me home with a new TB/water pump, more power than I showed up with, sans a check engine light and with a replacement part for me to try. I strongly recommend that those of U in VA or nearby environs visit Tom for proper TDI maintenance work and troubleshooting.
Hirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:47   #18
R2point0
Veteran Member

Default Another satisfied customer

+1 "Helpful" for Tom. He helped me out with an water leak that expanded to a thermostat replacement late on Sunday, including working around a frozen mounting bolt. And very reasonable.

R2.0
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:19   #19
Blue_Hen_TDI
Veteran Member

Tom got my A/C up to speed yesterday without incident. Just in time too. Supposed to be mid-80s on Memorial Day.

2016 GTI S 6M with Performance and Lighting Packages and a few mods
Blue_Hen_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:07   #20
Opie

I met Tom last week (found out he lived around the corner). What a pleasure to meet someone with old school values and ethics. His shop is awesome. I feel like I just hit the VW TDI Lottery..hahaha THanks for your help Tom and I will stop by soon.

John
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 18:15   #21
brownnugen
Veteran Member

Tom, check your PM.
brownnugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 18:51   #22
mcegelsk

PM Sent.
mcegelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 20:21   #23
Calico Red
Perpetual Newbie

One very happy TDI owner here!

Tom worked his majic on my '96 Passat.

Brake replacement went off without a hitch. Discovered and corrected a botched gear linkage problem from a stealership (that's why I had problems with first!), and generally gave her a thorough going over.

Introduced me to the "pick-a-part" junk yard in hopes of finding a replacement driver's seat, alas, none was to be found -- maybe another time.

And he patiently shared his knowledge with this perpetual newbie.

Many, many thanks, Tom!
2005 Jetta
Calico Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 16:30   #24
brownnugen
Veteran Member

Wow, I have a lot of things to report about Tom and his work.

Despite very short notice because of work, I went over today to Tom's for a timing belt job. He took the time to provide a little on the job training to make me a smarter owner. Everything went smoothly and when we discovered my kit (I bought myself) was missing a few pieces, he lent me parts from his personal stash. He even went over my car and showed me things that would possible present problems at my next state inspection.

Thank you Tom for your professionalism and I'll be back to correct those other things.
-Nick
Old June 20th, 2008, 20:49   #25
dhdread

If you need top professional TDI work in the Northern Virginia area, Tom Earl is the man! I am a newbie in the TDI world and found Tom through the club forum guru mechanics page. I stopped by his shop for a timing belt and water pump change. After seeing his shop that was full of professional “Big boy” machine tools I could tell that he had plenty of skills to do a simple timing belt and water pump change. I got more than mechanic work, I viewed it as paying for one day education course on changing the belts, pump, an explanation of the hammer mod(?), a quick lesson on the VAG.COM program and maintenance pointers for the future. He had all the tools and then some to do the job right! I showed up with parts in hand and he provided the tools and experience. He found some other problems and tracked down the causes. He told me what parts to buy and how to fix it. The problem is solved- CEL light is now gone. He will also follow up with you to see if a problem still persists. Rarely will mechanics educate and take that kind of time with their customers-they are rare, but do exist. It would be well worth your time to look him up-the man is a Pro. If you do stop by his shop be careful with the guard dog-two men enter, one man leave. Tom thanks for all your help.

Andy
dhdread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 05:09   #26
ninedee_golf_tdi

It's been nice meeting all of you folks and I do appreciate you letting me work on your vehicles. Here is a picture of my security system for those interested:
ninedee_golf_tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 16:16   #27
nickhallnavy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01 jetta
Fuel Economy: peak of 62

how far is stafford from norfolk? i'm looking for a TB change and a RC2 upgrade

mufflerrectomy
soon to have RC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kz4y9mYEpQ
nickhallnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:59   #28
brownnugen
Veteran Member

probably about 2 1/2 hours
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:43   #29
mcegelsk

Default Great work by great Mechanic...

Tom,

I've been meaning to say thanks for the great work at a great price on the timing belt change we did at the end of June. Everything's smooth after that, then the wife decided to go hunting with the Jetta. Bagged herself about a 180lb deer on the left front corner. I just got it out of the shop and it looks great but just got a CEL this morning on her way to work (yes I did let her drive it again, as she didn't harm the diesel at all with the deer). But again, I really appreciate the time you take to answer any and all questions and allow me to learn and assist! Great learning experience. Thank you!

~Matt
mcegelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 13:25   #30
saitoh

TDI(s): NB 2002 5spd
Fuel Economy: 40 / 48 - avg 44

I agree, I had Tom change the TB in my '02 NB and we took care of a couple other gremlins. Tom quickly assessed what was in front of him and pointed out some historical elements about my particular car which I had never known.

Really happy with what I got out of the afternoon, both mechanically and educationally, and the car runs fine. Tom pointed out some details and made sure I had the chance to ask questions about the process or what to look for, even with basic stuff. I second dhdread's comments, its tough to find a mechanic of this level of educational ability and experience.

Definately worth my time to drive from Richmond.