www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 10th, 2017, 13:31   #1
In the Red
Veteran Member

Default karma tune. Which dsg tune.

I purchased a q pro kerma loader for my ecu tune and I want to do the dsg tune. Problem is no kerma dealer near me. I know I could do the $1000 deposit thing and just be done but like the idea of the dealer near me if I need or want to flash back to stock. Malone dealer is in town. Anyone have a kerma tune with malone dsg tune?
In the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 22:29   #2
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

Have you contacted Malone yet? I would like to know the answer to your question when resolved.
2001 Jetta GL TDI, 35/15% Tint, Ventectomy, Catectomy, EGR-ectomy, Stage 4 TDTuning, PP764's, Stealth 17/56 Garrett, VCDS Hex+CAN, South Bend Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 22:42   #3
In the Red
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada_TDI View Post
Have you contacted Malone yet? I would like to know the answer to your question when resolved.
Will be talkimg with malone tomorrow. I let you know what they say
In the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 11:41   #4
Owain@malonetuning

As long as the transmission is getting the correct torque value from the engine, yes the DSG tune will work. Since you haven't gotten their tune yet, just tell them not to alter it and it shouldn't be a problem. We regularly do custom DSG tuning for gas cars tuned by apr unitronic etc. Some are still setting incorrect torque values and end up getting both ecu and dsg tuned, the correct way is to tune both but you can get the files from different tuners as long as the engine and transmission are communicating correctly.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 15:21   #5
Nevada_TDI
Veteran Member

Thank you Owain, I was wondering about this exact issue.
2001 Jetta GL TDI, 35/15% Tint, Ventectomy, Catectomy, EGR-ectomy, Stage 4 TDTuning, PP764's, Stealth 17/56 Garrett, VCDS Hex+CAN, South Bend Daily Driver 2 Clutch, DG Short Shifter, Previous Diesel: 1983 Rabbit Diesel
Nevada_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote