www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old August 24th, 2017, 18:14   #511
andy2
Veteran Member

My mistake.I was meaning to suggest using a gtb2260vk as the LP turbo when combined with the current HP turbo. Sorry for the confusion
andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 21:06   #512
andy2
Veteran Member

Also in terms of transient response I was meaning to refer to between stages.

I'll have to make a video of both boost readings on my daily driver.Once the oil is up to operating temperature both turbo's should follow each other if looking for a responsive daily driver compound setup.

Between stage boost should be ideally half of what intake manifold pressure is at all times.
andy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 22:14   #513
FRtdilover

Fuel Economy: 5l/100, 45mpg

Andy2, you made me meditate since you writed this as I never seen a double vnt compound.
Do you have an example to help me to figure out how it could work ?
Two vnt vanes to regulate in parallel isn't too hard to drive for the N75 ?
Something like gtc1549 with 2260vk could have an awesome trancience response for the power it could make

Edit: sorry I didn't see your last reply

Last edited by FRtdilover; August 24th, 2017 at 22:16.
FRtdilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 15:01   #514
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

I put a compound gauge on the LP Compressor and moved the LP Exhaust to the green needle on the 50 psi dual gauge and drove it around today.

The short summary is that the 0-50 psi Hewitt Industries gauge that I'm running is damaged on the Red needle (positive offset and I think there's a slope issue as well) and there may be a slight negative offset on the green needle - so any conclusions/comments that I've made regarding the sizing of the two turbos should be promptly ignored.

There is not a vacuum on the HP inlet, but when you're into the boost and let off the throttle the LP boost will rise 2-3 psi as the vanes open and you really need to get into it to get the LP boost up over a couple psi.

I'm going to pull all the gauges out, connect them together and correlate them to a known reference at a few different pressures before making any "big" decisions on the setup.
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP100 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, HE221W Compounded with GTC1444VZ, 6 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2017, 00:47   #515
GOFAST

TDI(s): vento afn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix_Until_Broke View Post
I put a compound gauge on the LP Compressor and moved the LP Exhaust to the green needle on the 50 psi dual gauge and drove it around today.

The short summary is that the 0-50 psi Hewitt Industries gauge that I'm running is damaged on the Red needle (positive offset and I think there's a slope issue as well) and there may be a slight negative offset on the green needle .
how come it's damaged ?(EGT?)
and do you use motor oil in the tube from exhaust to gauge ?
Old September 17th, 2017, 05:11   #516
Fix_Until_Broke
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 75.0/53.0/38.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOFAST View Post
how come it's damaged ?(EGT?)
and do you use motor oil in the tube from exhaust to gauge ?
During some tuning experiments with the 1444 as a single, I inadvertently over pressurized it.

I've tried various damping methods but not motor oil, I'll give that a shot sometime. Thanks for the tip!
03 Jetta, Cat 2u, DG Steel SP w/MOGolf Mod, 3"DP, 4"EXH, EaBP100 Bypass, Euroswitch, ECodes, Driving Light, PD Lift Pump, R520's, RC5,RC6, TDTuning, Malone, ScanGaugeII, 3" TIP, 2" TOP, HE221W Compounded with GTC1444VZ, 6 Bar MAP, VR6 MAF, Vented Fender Liner, Battery Cover Mod, 11mm, Monster Mats, 215/55/17 (27.9/53.0/75) Monthly MPG Links, Euro Trunk Latch, IDParts RSB, SDI or ALH Intake, ARL Ceramic Pistons, Rosten Rods, DRW, Wavetrac, SBC, FSD's, Beef Springs, Rebuilt Head, Recaro's, Colt II, DG Sigma 6, RMT200
Fix_Until_Broke is offline   Reply With Quote