www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old May 28th, 2003, 00:43   #16
RAVEN

Default Re: Is a GT1749V a VNT15 turbo ?

Guys has anyone fitted a VNT turbo as an upgrade from the non vnt type?? and if so whats the outcome!
Thanks
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2003, 01:01   #17
AtomicSushi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/37/32
Default Re: Is a GT1749V a VNT15 turbo ?

I haven't heard of that.
Fitting a bigger turbo would seem much easier with a wastegate turbo though.
AtomicSushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 06:22   #18
ian-b

My vnt-15 is bad and I have a gt1749v to replace it with. I know it bolts up and all that. Will I be ok running it without changing anything else? Is the larger wheel a big enough difference to make me need to tune? The exhaust housing on my vnt-15 is in better shape. Can I put the gt1749v cartridge into my old manifold of did they change that with the 1749v too? Figured I would add to this thread because it's titled properly for these kinds of questions.
ian-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:07   #19
mojogoes
Veteran Member

TDI(s): mk3 tdi golf
Fuel Economy: not much

Yes another tune would optimise it and give best driveability and fuel consumption.
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:21   #20
ian-b

I know it would be optimal. I'm new to diesels not tuning and turbos. I've build and tuned my own megasquirt for my subaru before. I just want to make sure I can get the car up and running and drive it a bit without issue. And I need to know if I can put my 1749v cold side and cartridge into the original vnt15 manifold. Are they different? The 1749 one I have has some messed up bolt holes I'd rather not have to monkey with. Anyone know?
ian-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:45   #21
cog
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
No smoke right now. I have blown the turbo and I don't know which one I want. I will proberly get a VNT17 and see how that will work on my car.

I will also have the chip changed sp that I dont have 434 nm at 2000 rpm's. The driveability is not good right now. I want max nm at around 2500 rpm's.
the 110 works very well on its stock turbo and pp764 injectors and tune. but i can tell you the vnt 17 works very well in deed on the 110 if you give it enough fuel .
Formerly GT-TDI 110 AHF VNT 17VB[/B],@24psi ,,R520s,ported head,11mm pump,arp,headstuds,eurojet smic,id parts upgraded pipes,SBC[B] stage 3, pd150 manifold, custom silicone t.i.p 2.5"downpipe and cat delete,racepipe,,pd lift pump
cog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2017, 16:18   #22
jackfolstam

Fuel Economy: 48mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian-b View Post
The exhaust housing on my vnt-15 is in better shape. Can I put the gt1749v cartridge into my old manifold of did they change that with the 1749v too? Figured I would add to this thread because it's titled properly for these kinds of questions.
seven more years!
jackfolstam is offline   Reply With Quote