www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old September 5th, 2017, 20:31   #1
Bobob729

TDI(s): Jetta
Default 07 Gti Fahrenheit CJAA Swap

I have my 07 gti fahrenheit 33/1200 that i will be swapping in a cjaa and also doing a manual swap at the same time. I will be posting pics here soon when i can figure out what to use now that photobucket seems to want to charge you now to show photos other places.
Mods to the cjaa will include
malone gtb turbo manifold
gtb2260 turbo
dpf and egr delete
darkside intercooler upgrade
4 bar map sensor
cp3 pump upgrade
intake flapper delete
southbend stage 3 clutch
30lb flywheel
fluidampr harmonic balancer
2 micron filter housing and filter
stock diesel lift pump
3" Darkside Dpf Delete Downpipe
hoping to make close to 240hp ish
and will be swapping it in the starting sept. 22 and hoping to have it done within a few days this one should be pretty simple just like my audi tt swap i did. Biggest part of this swap will be the wiring. Which i have started looking at wiring and biggest changes will be in the bigger ecu plug. But i think i have all that figured out. Will end up having to wire in glow plug relays and few other things.
Bobob729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 13:06   #2
vwztips
Veteran Member

Good luck. I am doing something similar except into a 2012 Tiguan. I have spent the past couple of weeks on the 2 wiring harnesses to try and make sure it goes as smooth as possible. I have most of it done. Now on to the mechanical part!
vwztips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2017, 16:04   #3
Bobob729

Ya the wiring is by far the worst of the swaps. But really not to terrible just have to move a few pins and should be fine
Old September 18th, 2017, 17:34   #4
dieselherb1
Veteran Member

Like 50+ pins
dieselherb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2017, 18:53   #5
vwztips
Veteran Member

Well the CJAA in the Tig is now running and have all relevant code issues taken care of. Now on to the tune, some deletes and cleaning up the wiring harness. Just takes a lot of patience and persistence. Also help from Marin, and a couple of guys at MyTiguan which are in Portugal and Russia

Last edited by vwztips; September 18th, 2017 at 18:55.
Old September 18th, 2017, 20:06   #6
Bobob729

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselherb1 View Post
Like 50+ pins
ya but shouldnt be to big
Old September 18th, 2017, 20:15   #7
Bobob729

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwztips View Post
Well the CJAA in the Tig is now running and have all relevant code issues taken care of. Now on to the tune, some deletes and cleaning up the wiring harness. Just takes a lot of patience and persistence. Also help from Marin, and a couple of guys at MyTiguan which are in Portugal and Russia
how did you go about setting up the cruise to work correctly. Right now that's my only issue with wiring i'm trying to figure out
Old September 19th, 2017, 07:18   #8
vwztips
Veteran Member

Mine was probably more straightforward since I went from a 2013 Golf to a 2012 Tig. I was able to bring the ECU and IC from the Golf, then make sure the clutch and brake signal were getting to the ECU, then finally making sure the ABS and IC were coded correctly.

FWIW, the both cars use a non-mechanical sensor to detect the brake pedal position and it is on the bottom of the master cylinder in the engine compartment. I did have to put the one from the Golf into the Tig as there was a difference and my brake lights stayed on all the time with the Tig switch and the Golf ECU
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:08   #9
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwztips View Post
Mine was probably more straightforward since I went from a 2013 Golf to a 2012 Tig. I was able to bring the ECU and IC from the Golf, then make sure the clutch and brake signal were getting to the ECU, then finally making sure the ABS and IC were coded correctly.

FWIW, the both cars use a non-mechanical sensor to detect the brake pedal position and it is on the bottom of the master cylinder in the engine compartment. I did have to put the one from the Golf into the Tig as there was a difference and my brake lights stayed on all the time with the Tig switch and the Golf ECU
What did you do for gearing in the Tig? Retain the stock transmission or frankenstein the golf trans with the existing Tig differentials?

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is offline   Reply With Quote