www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old August 28th, 2017, 08:47   #1
RockAuto

TDI(s): N/A
Smile 2017 RockAuto XOR Adventure Sweepstakes!

RockAuto is teaming up with PowerNation TV again to give away a one-of-a-kind Jeep built by Ian Johnson, straight from the Xtreme Off Road shop! You can win this 1968 Jeepster Commando loaded with performance upgrades. Go online and enter for your chance to win today! Check out the RockAuto Promotions page here to view all current rebates and promotions as well as the giveaway entry form!

Old August 28th, 2017, 18:50   #2
kooyajerms
grocery getter

More terrible non tdi or diesel related posts from rock auto. Yay!

Still don't see the benefit of their spam here.
kooyajerms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 06:11   #3
RockAuto

We are sorry to hear you are not interested in winning a custom, one-of-a-kind jeep. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooyajerms View Post
More terrible non tdi or diesel related posts from rock auto. Yay!

Still don't see the benefit of their spam here.
Old August 29th, 2017, 17:26   #4
quartersaw
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Passat:44mpg Golf 52MPG

I tried to buy a pair of rear B4V springs from Rock Auto - except for the fact that they wanted $300.00 for shipping.
Shame. On. You. Rock Auto........
quartersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2017, 06:02   #5
RockAuto

Shipping a pair of springs to your location starts at $11.99. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartersaw View Post
I tried to buy a pair of rear B4V springs from Rock Auto - except for the fact that they wanted $300.00 for shipping.
Shame. On. You. Rock Auto........
Old September 5th, 2017, 18:54   #6
quartersaw
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
Shipping a pair of springs to your location starts at $11.99. Thanks.
The shipping for those springs at that time was Three Hundred Dollars. I made a purchase elsewhere, where a 'gouge' policy was not in effect....
Thanks........
Old September 6th, 2017, 05:53   #7
RockAuto

Please share a a screenshot of the $300 shipping charges for us to review, as we are unable to find any springs that ship for $300 on our site. Thank you.
Quote:
The shipping for those springs at that time was Three Hundred Dollars. I made a purchase elsewhere, where a 'gouge' policy was not in effect....
Thanks........
Old September 13th, 2017, 15:31   #8
quartersaw
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
Please share a a screenshot of the $300 shipping charges for us to review, as we are unable to find any springs that ship for $300 on our site. Thank you.
In 2013, that is exactly what you were charging. I called Rock Auto, thinking that there was some mistake.
I was told that the exorbitant charge was due to "overseas shipping".
What a joke...
You know the old saying: "You never get a second chance to make a good first impression".....
Bye.
Old September 14th, 2017, 01:15   #9
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg

love rock auto, can find affordable parts in one place that are difficult to get elsewhere... on top of that it's a fantastic cross reference when trying to see what cars a particular part fits ... rebuilt the upgraded mercedes calipers on my vanagon using name brand parts from RA, cost me less than twenty dollars including shipping ! also rebuilt the GLI brake upgrade on my golf with quality parts for dirt cheap.... i've also found their return policy to be very liberal and shipping is reasonable although you need to watch for multiple warehouses as stacked shipping adds up ... been a satisfied customer for years... not affiliated at all, just have had good vibes from RA
Old September 15th, 2017, 09:44   #10
Sprocket
Sprockette's hubby

Quote:
In 2013, that is exactly what you were charging. I called Rock Auto, thinking that there was some mistake.
I was told that the exorbitant charge was due to "overseas shipping".
What a joke...
You know the old saying: "You never get a second chance to make a good first impression".....
Bye.
Talk about holding a grudge, lol from 2013.

I've only used Rock Auto a couple of times, but they had fair pricing and quick shipping.
B4V, 2.0L w/ BHW pistons, Rosten Rods, Girdle, 11mm, GTB1756vk, RC6, PP764s, .622 5th, Colt Cam II, Ecodes W/leveling motors & Euro switch, fog lights, Koni Yellow, Cat FF, Whitbread 2.5" DP, exhaust, FMIC
Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2017, 18:10   #11
quartersaw
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Talk about holding a grudge, lol from 2013.

I've only used Rock Auto a couple of times, but they had fair pricing and quick shipping.
When you need something that they have, and they choose to gouge on shipping, I think that the membership here should know about it.

Last edited by quartersaw; September 15th, 2017 at 18:12.
Old September 15th, 2017, 18:13   #12
quartersaw
Veteran Member

No grudge. Just the facts. I'm simply recounting my experience with Rock Auto...
Old Yesterday, 06:45   #13
RockAuto

Shipping costs reflect the size and weight of the parts, your location, and current carrier rates (including discounts we receive as a high-volume shipper). Shipping is never free. Carriers must be paid for their work, and we charge customers exactly what carriers charge to deliver the package. Therefore, we do not profit on any shipping charges, so it is unclear what is meant by "gouging the customer." Thank you.
Quote:
When you need something that they have, and they choose to gouge on shipping, I think that the membership here should know about it.