www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old August 3rd, 2017, 06:31   #931
Geobmx4life
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 2005Golf TDI 50mpg...best 60
Default Mkiv golf headlights

Hi Jeff, sent you a pm, curious if the Golf mkiv headlights have the bixenon high beams in the projector as well as the regular high beams on the inside regular high. Or if anyone who has purchased a pair know.
2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned, Spec stage 2 clutch, .658 5th gear, Darkside SMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, 18in Huffs. Frostheater
Geobmx4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 07:51   #932
freakwithracket

TDI(s): 2003
Fuel Economy: 50.57mpg

They do. Dual high beams. Default setup is that they are both wired up to work unless you tell me you don't want one or the other.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
freakwithracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 10:12   #933
smelly621
Veteran Member

Hey Geo- I've got a pair on my MKIV golf, and indeed they have quad high beam capability. It's pretty impressive light output for what is in my case a 16 year old vehicle. Also recommend the glass lenses, they make the plastic lenses look cheesy in comparison.
smelly621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 23:03   #934
Geobmx4life
Veteran Member

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly621 View Post
Hey Geo- I've got a pair on my MKIV golf, and indeed they have quad high beam capability. It's pretty impressive light output for what is in my case a 16 year old vehicle. Also recommend the glass lenses, they make the plastic lenses look cheesy in comparison.
Perfect, and yeah I have glass on the ones I did, but the Morimoto reflective material peeled and the RetroFit Source refused to warrantee...Jeff's have always been impressive!
2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned, Spec stage 2 clutch, .658 5th gear, Darkside SMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, 18in Huffs. Frostheater

Last edited by Geobmx4life; August 4th, 2017 at 08:51.
Old August 8th, 2017, 19:32   #935
biohazardtj

hey Jeff, shoot me a PM with some options. I lost another bulb and think its time to upgrade to a newer version. can my housings be retrofitted or do I need to buy new everything? I believe im running version 1 of these things, I like the newer lenses and the use of factory harness.

cheers!
Old August 11th, 2017, 22:56   #936
Geobmx4life
Veteran Member

Default Awesome just what I needed to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakwithracket View Post
They do. Dual high beams. Default setup is that they are both wired up to work unless you tell me you don't want one or the other.
Perfect, sent you a pm!
Old August 15th, 2017, 18:44   #937
Geobmx4life
Veteran Member

Default Vacatio? ;)

Just ordered a set of Golf 25th anniversary headlights....excited to get them, cheaper than I can make them, and supporting a great vendor!

Last edited by Geobmx4life; August 17th, 2017 at 18:51.
Old August 24th, 2017, 09:08   #938
PETR0L

Hello. I've tried to get on the web site via the link and no site available.
Also tried to type it in via google and nothing
Are you still on?
Need something some headlights for nk4 Jetta. Please advise
PETR0L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 12:26   #939
freakwithracket

TDI(s): 2003
Fuel Economy: 50.57mpg

^The site seems to work for me. I've heard some people say that Safari on iphone has trouble sometimes..not sure if that is what you are using. You can call me at 614-653-8434 if you continue to have trouble getting on the site.
HID Headlights
www.midwestlight.biz
freakwithracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2017, 18:05   #940
jstn
Veteran Member

Would like to provide my feedback on my experience working with Midwest Light Creations...

Overall, I cannot recommend them based on my experience. I had a handful of issues and my communication with Jeff seemed to be like I was bothering him.
I purchased my retrofits in the fall of 2015.

The most serious issue is that the reflector unit that the projector is mounted to on the driver's side is loose and the projector is shaking. I sent an inquiry and was told that it vibrates possibly because my car is a diesel, however the passenger side projector cut off is perfectly fine and doesn't vibrate... ok?

Secondly, the high beams on the passenger side didn't work due to a faulty connection to the actuator, which I had to cut and resplice on my own. Fine, that happens...

I also noticed that the backing to the headlights were drilled out and the grommets didn't fit. I had to apply some silicon and tape to ensure mostoir didn't enter the housings... pretty bootleg.

Lastly, I had issues with bulbs going out on the passenger side, which turned out to be a ballast which melted and nearly caught fire. Mike blamed the bulbs which weren't even a year old, so I bought a brand new set from Retrofit Resoruce... SAME issues. I was done with the runaround.

At this point I was done trying to work with Jeff. He would provide me with 1, maybe 2 things to look at. I would tell him what I found and then he would tell me to look at a few others things. This would drag out the diagnosis processs to several days worth of time. Not everyone has the time to spend hours a day tinerking with headlights that should have worked from the get go. This made me very frustrated and he seemed very annoyed by my inquiries.

I ended up installing an h1 morimoto hid relay kit to replace the failed ballasts and I'm learning to ignore true shaky projector, although it drive's me wild...

I'm sure my experience is an outlier, but given what I spent on the headlights, the only salvageable item in my opinion are the glass helix lenses.

Going forward, I will be going with the retrofit lights from Mike at VX Tuning who makes some very high end retrofit headlights with Morimoto projectors and rely kits. He's also working on a quad bi-xenon kit for the mk4 which looks very impressive.

I don't mean to speak negatively about a vendor here, but I was and am beyond disappointed with both the quality of product and more importantly quality of service I received from Jeff. It was wasted money... never again. YMMV.

Justin

"Hey guys. Woah, Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later!"
jstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:16   #941
UhOh
Veteran Member

A long(er) term report on the installation in the daughter's wagon.

All is working just fine. There was, as I'd noted, a slight QA issue (which I resolved) and a problem which was introduced due to the installation of fog lights, something that was NOT associated with these HID retrofits: the takeaway here is to be mindful when making multiple changes at one time!

I'm currently contemplating upgrades to my Golfs' headlights, though uncertain whether I want to go with HIDs: primary aim is to get fogs on both, and glass lenses on the wife's (I recently installed glass lenses on mine).
UhOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:52   #942
PETR0L

Default Thank you very much for taking time to review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
Would like to provide my feedback on my experience working with Midwest Light Creations...
Overall, I cannot recommend them based on my experience. I had a handful of issues and my communication with Jeff seemed to be like I was bothering him.
I purchased my retrofits in the fall of 2015.
The most serious issue is that the reflector unit that the projector is mounted to on the driver's side is loose and the projector is shaking. I sent an inquiry and was told that it vibrates possibly because my car is a diesel, however the passenger side projector cut off is perfectly fine and doesn't vibrate... ok?
Secondly, the high beams on the passenger side didn't work due to a faulty connection to the actuator, which I had to cut and resplice on my own. Fine, that happens...
I also noticed that the backing to the headlights were drilled out and the grommets didn't fit. I had to apply some silicon and tape to ensure mostoir didn't enter the housings... pretty bootleg.
Lastly, I had issues with bulbs going out on the passenger side, which turned out to be a ballast which melted and nearly caught fire. Mike blamed the bulbs which weren't even a year old, so I bought a brand new set from Retrofit Resoruce... SAME issues. I was done with the runaround.
At this point I was done trying to work with Jeff. He would provide me with 1, maybe 2 things to look at. I would tell him what I found and then he would tell me to look at a few others things. This would drag out the diagnosis processs to several days worth of time. Not everyone has the time to spend hours a day tinerking with headlights that should have worked from the get go. This made me very frustrated and he seemed very annoyed by my inquiries.
I ended up installing an h1 morimoto hid relay kit to replace the failed ballasts and I'm learning to ignore true shaky projector, although it drive's me wild...
I'm sure my experience is an outlier, but given what I spent on the headlights, the only salvageable item in my opinion are the glass helix lenses.
Going forward, I will be going with the retrofit lights from Mike at VX Tuning who makes some very high end retrofit headlights with Morimoto projectors and rely kits. He's also working on a quad bi-xenon kit for the mk4 which looks very impressive.
I don't mean to speak negatively about a vendor here, but I was and am beyond disappointed with both the quality of product and more importantly quality of service I received from Jeff. It was wasted money... never again. YMMV.
Justin
..been looking around for set for a while and it can get confusing.
Thanks again
PETR0L is offline   Reply With Quote