www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old March 15th, 2017, 22:18   #31
mrurbina

bump
Old March 17th, 2017, 12:29   #32
shortysclimbin
Veteran Member

Are these with the TT shifter or the OEM diesel one? I ask as I need a TT shifter arm only
shortysclimbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2017, 18:25   #33
mrurbina

All 02Js are the same gas or diesel. I unfortunately don't have any TT shifter weights at the moment. (they are just a oem "shorter throw weight" ,that's the only difference)
Old April 3rd, 2017, 05:18   #34
paczo911

TDI(s): 1.9TDi

Hello All, newbie to the forum here, by the way it is a great place!

I would like to ask you about the 02A to 02J conversion, which many VW fanatics are doing.
I've got a project car - Mk3 GTi 16V 1996, ABF engine with the stock 02A CDA code gearbox.

If I remember correctly, installing the 02J into my car if I don't want to do any cutting, requires a VW Polo shift box and the internals of the VW Golf 4/Skoda Octavia/Seat Leon shift mechanism inside of it, right?
Probably there was a discussion of what I am about to ask next, but here goes - isn't it possible to just take the Polo's shift box along with its own internals and directly swap it in my Mk3 GTi? I am just wondering and I did not find any info on this...

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
paczo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 21:02   #35
mrurbina

the polo itself quite short so i'm not sure if the cables are any shorter vs the mk4 cars. The only reason the polo box is used it's because it has the right shape(shaped like the 02a shifter box) and that box uses the correct relay lever in the box so you don't have to open the side a few mm. You'd have to buy it from mexico or europe on ebay.it's just cheaper to modify either the box or the shifter opening to make it work ..not much science in doing the swap. I had a 2013 shifter fitted in my mk3 so , anything is possible.

btw you don't need to cut ,you could use a grinder or cut off wheel to open it a few mm to get it open enough and drill either the box or the shifter opening to make it work.

Last edited by mrurbina; April 3rd, 2017 at 21:04.
mrurbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:05   #36
81dzlcaddy

PM'd you. In need of a kit this week.
81dzlcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 14:30   #37
81dzlcaddy

Just bought a kit from Mr Urbina. He was great to work with and he had it to me before the weekend which was a great plus. Thank you for the fast turn around and having the smaller parts bagged was a great.
81dzlcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2017, 10:12   #38
mrurbina

back from the dead lol ..I'm now stocked with plenty of them after being out for a while !! first come, first serve!
Old August 1st, 2017, 10:28   #39
mrurbina

In stock bump!
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:58   #40
damac

TDI(s): none

i can't see pictures but got some questions for my project. im swapping a mtdi alh engine into mk2 golf.

i have diesel bare 02a trannys.

on the donor 2000 jetta diesel i unbolted the assembly from its tranny and kept all that hooked up to the shifter box/cables.

so does that simply just bolt onto the selector on my tranny? or was i supposed to pull some guts out of the jetta?

also wondering if i need any kind of brackets that bolt onto the tranny? right now for whatever reason my tranny is bare. when searching around i seem to see results for 02a bracket that holds shifter cables? and also another long looking bracket on the drivers side that goes from motor mount area to ears toward the front. not sure if its to support shifting and/or to hold a cable? i saw that in pictures of people swapping in cable clutch conversion and am not sure what it does.
damac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 21:36   #41
mrurbina

pm'd
Old October 21st, 2017, 08:38   #42
nickdvm

Pm,d.
nickdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 14:37   #43
mrurbina

replied and BUMP