www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old November 9th, 2015, 14:22   #106
jimbote

Fuel Economy: golf=38-43mpg...tacoma tdi=29-33mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Sanders View Post
Took engine/slush box out as 1 unit, separated the two, trans going to the metal Junker's that come by every Wed. Going to sell the 1.8t. So far so good. Col.
you prob should start your own thread in swaps rather than posting here ... this thread is for links to swaps
Old November 9th, 2015, 19:32   #107
aslspiderman
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 98 Jetta
Fuel Economy: Really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60ING View Post
Assistance needed to help others:

I'm looking for a AHU/1Z B4/Mk3 vacuum line diagram that shows the updated routing for a VNT N75 and actuator. I can't find the one picture that was in a couple threads where it shows the OEM routing with a red X over the old N75 and then shows the new N75 routing.

I think this pic was hosted on some photo site and then the link died. I'd like to host it on TDIclub so we always have it for those looking for this unique combo. worst case when I get home I'll draw it out based on my car's setup.
Just emailed you a diagram. Not sure it's the one you are looking for
Old January 18th, 2016, 21:19   #108
Candelstick

TDI(s): 2000 Jetta
Default 2000 alh swap into something

I don't know yet What I want to put it in but can someone point me to some links for swapping to a mk5 posably. The shell I have is rusting so bad and the suspension is shot so if anyone know we're i could get a 03 shell so I just need to put the alh and tranny into that would be great
Candelstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2016, 15:18   #109
SilverGhost
Veteran Member

I haven't paid attention lately, but on some older engines the tensioner came with a washer between it and the block. Might worth checking out.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2016, 17:52   #110
G60ING
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Sanders View Post
Does anyone here know of a link to a post on the timing belt not lining up on the pulleys? My belt is only lined up on the tensioner. All the rest are 1/8" off to the rear. If the tensioner was moved out 1/8" then all would be lined up. What to do ?

What engine are you dealing with?
G60ING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2016, 06:48   #111
TonyJetta
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: A5: 36mpg Avg / A6: 39

Do the timing tools hold the belt in place?

So, is the belt forward on the pulleys by 1/4"?

Have you rotated the engine by hand, at least 2 revolutions?

Tony
Diesel fleet: 2015 Jetta TDI SE DSG; 2006 Jetta, TDI, DSG-5sp Conversion; 2006 DC Cummins, CC/LB/DRW; 1996 Passat TDI, 5sp, Project car! Troubleshooting Links: Trusted TDI Mechanics IP Timing Timing Belt FAQ A3/B4 Low Power Cyl Head Repair Fault Codes What you have just read is an opinion...take it as you see fit!
TonyJetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 11:26   #112
computationalerr

TDI(s): B7 passat
Default b7 to mk5?

Ive got a wrecked 2015 TDI passat with DSG in the tow yard that insurance has decided not to pay the lot fees.
I also have a 2007 GTI with the BPY FSI motor with a DSG trans. The FSI is a failure prone abortion in my opinion.

What is the reality of this swap? I cant seem to find anything on this, most likely because there arent too many people that have the luxury of getting a car this new to tear into. Ive been told by several people that it is more trouble than it is worth. That just motivates me more. I have zero experience with anything this new. Are the fuse blocks compatible? Woud I be able to just repin the connectors as necessary, or would I have to change over the plugs where necessary? Would the cluster connection be the same? Can I code out the DEF? As always, this is for off road purposes only.
computationalerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2017, 13:50   #113
G60ING
Veteran Member

Doing a swap into a Corrado, mk2, b3/B4? If so consider this go pedal mounting bracket from S&P Automotive:

http://s-pautomotive.com/?product=mk...at-dbw-adapter

It mounts in less than 10 minutes without pulling the dash. And allows you use mk4 and newer go pedals.

Here it is in Corrado with a Touareg pedal for my 3.6 VR6

G60ING is online now   Reply With Quote