Need a part picked up

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Looking to see if any member lives near Duarte, CA zip 91010.

There is a part at a salvage yard that I need for one of our cars.......non vw .
There's only one guy that I can find that has this newer version , p/n 89661-08071 engine ecu with the relaxed parameters on cats for the Toyota Sienna 02.

But he won't mail it......will only sell locally.......so I asked him why are you on an Internet site that lists it if your not gonna mail it, no answer.

I will pay you for your time.

Please lmk if you can help, I can PP you the amount, plus shipping and you time.

I know it's not a vw question but this is a great resource and we are wide spread.

Thank you
Steve

fouillard13

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta TDI Standard
ahh. wish I could help. I LOVE doing deals like these. its good karma... sometimes I need odd tasks like this done too!!

gladly woulda helped you, but cali is a little far from Calgary!!

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Lol , I believe in karma too, I appreciate the offer to help.....I too wish you were closer��
Thanks

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Help bump��

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Perhaps try posting in the regional forum and not TDI 101?

With all the posts that unnecessarily go into TDI 101, the 1st page of that forum section tends to get pushed back quickly, despite having (probably) the most traffic. Posting in the West Coast forum will get you a more geographically proper subset of viewers.

Good luck!

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks scurvy.......never thought of that.

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Scurvy that was a great idea posting in local forums again thank for the idea.

This goes to a fellow member that took time out of his day to help,a fellow member.
A huge THANK YOU goes out to member Flee for pick up a part and shipping it out to me from a salvage yard 45 minutes from him. The yard would not ship anything , and all my research pointed to it having the correct part number online.

Just to note this was not a vw part .

Again this site is an incredible resource of people , parts and the collective knowledge and am happy to be a part of it.

Again a huge THANK YOU goes to member Flee.